Femur of the Stains + Vaal Summon Skeletons

After getting my Earthquake Slayer to 86 I decided to try making a skeleton summoner for something else to do since I had found Femur of the Saints and got a big grin on my face thinking about that attack speed buff after popping Vaal Summon Skeletons. I checked the wiki just to make sure Vaal Summon Skeletons would work with the Femur and noticed this:
"
The "Minion Life Regeneration per Raging Spirit you own" on Femurs of the Saints has been changed to grant a global percentage value of minion life regeneration. This change was made as the minion life regeneration per raging spirit was causing severe performance issues, especially under Lockstep mode.

"
Fixed a bug where increases to minion attack and cast speed per skeleton you own on Femurs of the Saints was not working. This can now also cause similar performance issues to what was experienced with the "Minion Life Regeneration per Raging Spirit you own" mod. We are aware of this issue and looking into a method of fixing it.

So, I hit 59 right before Dominus (Cruel) and thought that his second form would be the best time to try it. It worked hysterically well aside from the performance problems. I hope that whatever fix you're considering doesn't remove the Vaal Summon Skeletons interaction. Great item, and great fun.

Maybe a flat buff based on maximum skeleton potential (including Vaal) if the skeleton gem(s) are socketed into the femur? That way attack speed isn't constantly having to be recalculated on the fly, and the buff is maximized by giving up two sockets in a possible 6L?

tldr: I hope whatever fix you're planning keeps this weapon as fun as it currently is. Loving the skeletons.
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2017, 11:06:02 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info