ice shot ascendant: any insights on this?

skill tree

something like this is what I had in mind. I will go with deadeye to get the 30% pierce and extra arrow, along with omen on the winds to get 50% pierce. adding poachers aim to hit 95% pierce should make it good enough.

originally I wanted to go with ice golem and elementalist in order to get more damage but seeing that I will have no use for the critical I thought I could simply go slayer for that culling strike and leech. open to suggestions

run herald of thunder with elemental weakness or some other curse that grants life per hit or perhaps herald of thunder + elemental weakness + another curse with doedre's ring?

ice shot linked with: weapon elemental damage, added cold damage, greater multiple projectile, slower projectile and something that adds damage like added lightning damage

switch ice shot with barrage vs bosses

as auras run hatred and herald of thunder with elemental weakness or some other curse that grants life per hit or perhaps herald of thunder + elemental weakness + another curse with doedre's ring?

bow:
either windripper, lioneye's glare or rare bow since I won't need the critical or arrows from death's opus (it is slower too)

quiver:
I am not sure whether I should go with rare one with 10% pierce/additional arrow and elemental damage or drillneck

helmet:
devoto's devotion sounds like the best option to me. movement speed + attack speed sound too good not to use

armour:
belly of the beast to boost the already good amount of life and get some extra resistances

gloves:
snakebite seem to be the best option since I would be running blood rage

jewellery:
rare with elemental damage, life and resistances as main mods

---optional---
link convert cold to fire to ice shot, run anger instead of hatred, 1 pyre and kaom's armour sounds crazy?

ideas?
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2017, 12:14:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info