PoE Defenses

How do I mitigate heavy damage from bosses like Izaro? Granite, Jade or Basalt Flask? I also thought about Arctic Armour. The problem with flask is they tend to be empty in boss fights, so I'm looking for a good way to mitigate the heavy damage.

Right now I've got like 3.1k health and 3.5k energy shield fully buffed.
Last bumped on Mar 23, 2017, 6:37:14 AM
it would be helpful to make your characters public.
otherwise, flasks help, but nowadays you mostly want either leech or regen for endgame, this can be tricky with builds like yours, that have a hybrid life pool.
you should probably go either CI or full life.
can't add a lot, since i don't know what build you are running
It depends on your build but some things to look at are:
Endurance charges
Fortify
Chaos Golem
Leech

And of coarse, having a strategy for how to deal damage while running around like crazy to avoid attacks is also good. I've had some success tossing animate weapon in a random socket and bringing an inventory screen full of disposable weapons to the fight (use portal to pop back to town and get them or the stash before the ascendancy challenge). It's very nearly free fire and forget DPS that can make a difference in tough fights and sometimes wins them all by itself.
The characters are public now and I've bought this flask:
It's a 5l with arc and a 4l with tendrils. Most mobs just melt, not so much for Izaro.
"
path23leech wrote:
How do I mitigate heavy damage from bosses like Izaro? Granite, Jade or Basalt Flask? I also thought about Arctic Armour. The problem with flask is they tend to be empty in boss fights, so I'm looking for a good way to mitigate the heavy damage.

Right now I've got like 3.1k health and 3.5k energy shield fully buffed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvS6zMThiZU

Mitigation is good, not getting hit is better. For Izaro specifically, his attacks are pretty easy to avoid at range (apart from the Goddess's green blob spam).

Another great way of not getting hit is not getting attacked. See if you can create diversions so that he focuses on something else.
3.1k and 3.5k? I have 6.4k and 7.2k and it's far from enough.

Suszterpatt is right, if it's an option for you. It's not for me; even when I play with minions and/or totems I get hit a lot.

You can always try to make a Dy'Ness style tank, if you want to be able to facetank everything. It's, ah, rather expensive, however, especially for how slow it is.
Last edited by rottenvenetic on Mar 22, 2017, 3:35:35 PM
Yeah, the last stage is hard to doge with all the traps. It worked a little bit better today, guess it's also training how to doge and avoid the traps and green goo.
Frankly I do the best against Izaro when I'm able to get in his face and stay there; then he will almost never use his leap slam, which is his worst hit, IIRC.

On reflection, I won't even try to avoid the teleport anymore; unless I'm doing something like Righteous Fire or Blade Vortex, with good AoE, whenever I'm dodging or running away, I'm not hurting him, thus postponing my win and giving him more opportunities to burst me down. This is the same with all bosses, really. When TP'd away, I'll instantly use my own movement skills.

Now, bow builds for example get past this by having very high mobility, including movement speed, as well as enough damage to kill the boss quickly even when not attacking for most of the fight. When a hit does find them, they then typically have a 90%+ combined chance to avoid it still, with evasion+dodge.

Then with good gear they get 8k+ life or something, with Arctic Armour and flasks appropriate to the boss's damage; most hits that get through that will not be one-shots and flasked/leeched back.
Last edited by rottenvenetic on Mar 22, 2017, 6:01:47 PM
Oh, well…

Spoiler
Last edited by path23leech on Mar 23, 2017, 6:38:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info