Leech in PvP

Hey guys,

I am in the process of merging some of my favourite concepts in to one character. I currently play liftingnerds bow bv occultist with a couple of cws setups. A while ago i saw khelsies cws autocaster

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1750938

Sadly all the video links are broken and i am just not finding the mentioned videos of the sarn arena play. The GIF however still works and no matter how many times i watch it i can hardly believe the insane ES gain from leech, well at least it looks like leech and not occultist ES regen.

And here is where it keeps me wondering, unless i am missing something he is only using warlords mark as a leech source. Which means for him to regen 4k ES (multiple cws discharges at once) he would have to deal a combined 200k damage.

I know that there is some kind of pvp scaling on certain skills for balance purpose. How does the leech mechanic fits in? Is leech in general calculated before mitigation?
Last bumped on Mar 22, 2017, 5:11:06 PM
Nobody relies on leech in PvP. No real PvPer, at least, since it is ludicrously easy to get leech immunity via Bloodless, The Vertex, Sin Trek, some corruptions, etc.

You might stomp a few random who came in for Leo daily, but you're screwed against anyone else.

If it's CWS, it probably relies on actual regen, not leech. In other words, life regen converted to ES regen, which functions way better due to huge ES pools. And that gets stomped by Frost Bomb, thought few actually bring it untiL they see a tank show up.

Some cookie cutter builds work in PvP, but most are tailored for PvE. You're better off starting from the ground up or just going meta with the secondary damage.
IGN: ArborealTeapot [Standard]
~Your Happy Hugfriend~ (Not Hugfiend...)
Last edited by Epee on Mar 22, 2017, 3:50:56 PM
you can leech high amounts of life & mana through vinktar flask, you can simply get 6k+ life with one shot of LA.

as epee said, it is easy to counter but even veteran poe pvp'ers are lazy to do some basic swaps to counter such basic mechanics.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
well, even if players are leech immune you can still instant heal off animate guardian, golem, SRS, blink/mirror arrow, totem, etc. with legacy vinktar flask. If the opponent summons none of those things, you can still make worms yourself and instant heal off them with vinktar, with no pvp leech scaling. Basically, legacy vinktar pretty op, esp with pathfinder. Like zerphis it creates situations where you have to deal massive damage in a short amount of time. As long as burst damage is so necessary in pvp back and forth play / competitive tension will remain somewhat weak. It's not like d2 where damaged stuck/mattered.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info