Berserker Meatball Sprinkler

Hey I'm making a build that is very similar to yours. Do you think the taming + emberwake is worth, or is getting str rings with resists better?
Get rings like mine.

Rarity: Rare
Wrath Band
Prismatic Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 59
--------
Item Level: 78
--------
+10% to all Elemental Resistances
--------
35% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
+50 to Strength
+69 to maximum Life
+12% to all Elemental Resistances
+21% to Lightning Resistance
Adds 12 to 20 Fire Damage to Attacks

Rarity: Rare
Torment Grasp
Sapphire Ring
--------
Requirements:
Level: 57
--------
Item Level: 77
--------
+24% to Cold Resistance
--------
29% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
+39 to Strength
+70 to maximum Life
+44% to Lightning Resistance
+25% to Fire Resistance
Last edited by plaguefear on Mar 21, 2017, 2:02:08 AM
A few notes/suggestions for what I think is a very fun and powerful build that will become wildy popular as soon as Mathil or some other streamer shines a light on it. In other words, make sure to buy all the uniques before their prices skyrocket ;)

Something I just figured out is that you don't need the strength to be allocated in order for the Wildfire extra projectiles and increased area of affect to proc. There isn't the keyword "allocated" in the gem description and I just tested it on my build. Should allow for some more flexibility with the tree.

Personally, I went for the Galvanic Hammer, Berserking, and Explosive Impact notables by respeccing a few life nodes. With all the extra life from strength I felt the extra damage, attack speed, and area of effect was a no brainer. These 3 together help with clear speed immensely, which is something the build definitely lacks compared to a HoWa build for example.

Socketing an Inertia jewel by Vaal Pact is a HUGE Strength increase so not sure why you didn't choose to do that. That's a flat 70 strength for 2 points and we don't need the extra dex. Nonetheless, a basic rule for almost every build is that if there is a jewel node 2 points away, always take it. They allow insane flexibility and min maxing for nearly any kind of build. Jewels be OP as hail:)

Lastly, I found it worthwhile to spec into Iron Grip because with all the strength increasing our physical damage, it actually boosts the dps of our meatballs by 20K. Equivalent to picking up a 40 strength notable(if such a thing existed). This is questionable, as these two points may be better spent on more life. For me personally, I'm playing on LSC so I prefer the damage.

All in all, love the build, just could use some better min maxing to achieve its optimal output. Hope this helps!
Last edited by Axesor2324 on Mar 21, 2017, 2:09:00 AM
You will find damage is high enough without giving up life to gain more, i kill t15 map bosses in under 2 seconds, i would rather keep my 7k life pool to survive one shots.
Once you are geared as well as i am berserking and galvanic hammer are a waste of time.
Explosive impact and the jewel node you mentioned i do use however.
I use xophs so iron grip is worthless to me.
Last edited by plaguefear on Mar 21, 2017, 2:13:56 AM
Berserking should be worth it just for being able to leap slam faster through maps. If the damage is high enough like your saying, then I guess the two other notables could be dropped for more life. Basically comes down to choosing between 18% attack speed vs 15% life. (With the inertia jewel we actually maintain well above 7K life) Also, the 20K dps increase is with Xoph's on:). You can see for yourself in Path of Building.
Last edited by Axesor2324 on Mar 21, 2017, 2:20:56 AM
I would never waste a jewel slot on inertia when i can have a 3 damage modded life jewel O_o
Last edited by plaguefear on Mar 21, 2017, 7:02:51 AM
"
plaguefear wrote:
I would never waste a jewel slot on inertia when i can have a 3 damage modded life jewel O_o

For some slots, it's still on par with such a jewel, and price difference is huge.

As for tankiness...
Guys, why dont get MoM? It's the best extra defence layer for life builds, especially str-stacking builds that dont really need auras!
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Mar 21, 2017, 7:33:22 AM
"
Axesor2324 wrote:
A few notes/suggestions for what I think is a very fun and powerful build that will become wildy popular as soon as Mathil or some other streamer shines a light on it. In other words, make sure to buy all the uniques before their prices skyrocket ;)

Something I just figured out is that you don't need the strength to be allocated in order for the Wildfire extra projectiles and increased area of affect to proc. There isn't the keyword "allocated" in the gem description and I just tested it on my build. Should allow for some more flexibility with the tree.

Personally, I went for the Galvanic Hammer, Berserking, and Explosive Impact notables by respeccing a few life nodes. With all the extra life from strength I felt the extra damage, attack speed, and area of effect was a no brainer. These 3 together help with clear speed immensely, which is something the build definitely lacks compared to a HoWa build for example.

Socketing an Inertia jewel by Vaal Pact is a HUGE Strength increase so not sure why you didn't choose to do that. That's a flat 70 strength for 2 points and we don't need the extra dex. Nonetheless, a basic rule for almost every build is that if there is a jewel node 2 points away, always take it. They allow insane flexibility and min maxing for nearly any kind of build. Jewels be OP as hail:)

Lastly, I found it worthwhile to spec into Iron Grip because with all the strength increasing our physical damage, it actually boosts the dps of our meatballs by 20K. Equivalent to picking up a 40 strength notable(if such a thing existed). This is questionable, as these two points may be better spent on more life. For me personally, I'm playing on LSC so I prefer the damage.

All in all, love the build, just could use some better min maxing to achieve its optimal output. Hope this helps!

Hello. Thanks for your input.

An extra jewel socket with two good damage stats and max life gives the same damage as iron grip. The same can be said for the inertia jewels. Even getting boots like Alberon's Warpath only nets us about a 5-6% more damage increase. That's about the equivalent of 20 % weapon elemental damage. While it may seem counter-intuitive, there comes a point when stacking other stats than strength becomes more beneficial.

I have to agree with plaguefear on galvanic hammer / berserking. At this point in the build, there is nothing to be gained from investing further into damage. The build will never clear like HOWA as long as we can only use leap slam for mobility.

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
plaguefear wrote:

For some slots, it's still on par with such a jewel, and price difference is huge.

As for tankiness...
Guys, why dont get MoM? It's the best extra defence layer for life builds, especially str-stacking builds that dont really need auras!

Most of our mana is reserved on auras, auras are very beneficial to the build. Getting MoM is difficult because we are very stretched on passive points due to the amount of keystones / life we require from the tree.
Also, the only possible scenario where MoM would help the character is if we get hit for say, 7.6k damage, and that damage would turn into 7.5k damage and an empty mana pool. Anything in between is not useful to the character due to the Berserker / Vaal pact combo.
Also, having such a small mana pool would mean us running out of mana very frequently during fights. If the character at any point stops attacking, he's very likely to die.
"
stormcrawler wrote:
"
Axesor2324 wrote:

Without giving too much away, I am sitting on quite a few inertia jewels in my stash ...

:)
Last edited by stormcrawler on Mar 21, 2017, 12:27:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info