Expanding the PvP Community via Guilds (poaching the poachers)

Organizing PvP is hard.

Organizing CTF matches is like pulling teeth: Just ask SimpleSim45 or Zander King, or any other poor bastard trying to organize them...

As far as PvP guilds go?

As an example, nearly everyone in Sys-ID and NPC are a legit PvP'er who can form their own following... and often reach top 20 in both US and EU 1v1 ladder.

(Not an endorsement - only an observation)

Likewise, any other heavily PvP-membered guilds... why not start your own PvP guild?

Why is there this need to consolidate PvPer's within a handful of guilds?

Expand the PvP community through your friends list.

All of those people with whom you may share pvp tips, don't just help them... form a guild with them.

The only way to truly better PvP, despite the mechanic exploits, is to create a diverse (not the SJW term) PvP guild community to make it easier to start 1v1, 3v3, CTF matches. Which, when collaborative, can often result in new, innovative PvP builds.

In other words, help change the current exploitative, broken meta away from what many of us (including myself), claim to lament, and let's form a more pro-active collective to determine the 'new meta'.

Make PvP Great Again!

Last bumped on Mar 19, 2017, 8:56:56 AM
Keep in mind it's still early into the league, many players still do PvE content. It will be easier to find ppl later, and also always try to organise these events earlier if you are from the US to overlap with EU time night times, I would have joined many of the matches if it were at a time I am online.

Also I think it's better to be in fewer bigger guilds than more smaller ones, cus organising would be easier, more people would see if someone is making matches, but I guess there is a reason why we are not in one guild, people have conflicts and such.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
I'm the sole player who regularly pvps in my guild. Others in my guild have tried pvp from time to time as well, but without lasting interest. Pvp accessibility is handicapped by several things: the unbalanced nature of poe; most pve builds cannot pvp without significant adaptions; even after adaptations, not all builds stand a chance in pvp; all the bad apples and abuse typical for pvp.

Recruiting pvp players by infiltrating pve guilds, will not get that many new recruits I think. After the introduction of leo daily, it's not a problem anymore of getting people to try out pvp, but rather of grabbing their interest when they do their leo daily.

The best way I can think of, is to be courteous and helpful towards noob pvp'ers when you come into contact with them during pvp. Typically during that leo daily. Some of them might be willing to look beyond all the faults with pvp and adapt their builds, most will not however.

And even when I call myself a pvp'er, I find that poe balance has become to silly to even consider competitive pvp in this game anymore. I've seen some of the pvp 3v3 videos from a few months ago and I have 0 interest in participating in those events. Now goofing of in sarn arena with a suboptimal build fighting other suboptimal builds is what poe pvp is about for me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info