A not so Original EA build (2.4M ignite dps clickbait :3:3:3)

video clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-kCs3ZAKj0&t=470s

Hello there, this is my first build showcase, as I would not dare call it a guide. Even though I am fairly satisfied with what I have done, I am pretty sure there are more efficient builds out there.

So, as the title obviously states, this is an Explosive Arrow build, EA is a skill that never stopped being popular. I am more of an archer player and I started this char back in Breach and kinda fell in love with the skill as soon I got my hands on it. However, I wanted to come up with something at least a tiny bit original. So here's the build concept:

Have both a quick attack speed (as if you were playing with a quill rain as a Marauder/Witch) and a very high dps/gem scaling with a +3 Bow, lvl 4 empower and 21/20 gem. So yeah you got it, it's expensive.

I decided to go for Raider because of the double dipping +40% elemental damage, the bonus attack speed, the free frenzies (8 max atm, 9 can be achieved) which also give double dipping damage, the very high mobility, status ailments immunity, and the attack and spell dodge.

I get some AS on gear, tree and ascendancy to achieve a little over 4 APS at the moment, when the buid is min/maxed I hope to be able to reach 5. At 4, it already feels pretty confortable to play and you don't feel the need to switch to quill rain just for the sake of stacking your fuses faster.

I'll start with some numbers, I'll get to the gear and the build details later on.

So basically, loading the build in Path of Building and taking into account our double curse setup, EE and the fact that the enemy is shocked, you can achieve 2.4 million ignite dps on trash mob (when swpping GMP out for Slower Proj, with GMP it's around 840K). Yeah that's useless since you OS white trash in T15 maps and it takes 2 to 3 volleys to get a blue pack down. But you know, just because we're all dps whores deep down. Against bosses, it's around 400K atm, the explosion "dps" (not shown in PoE kinda poor tooltip :'() is around 80K against bosses. Uber Kaom, Shav, Dominus? You land 5 fuses, shock them and they die within 3 seconds, literally. Double bosses is no problem ofc.
HP wise, I'm sitting at 9K atm, hoping to achieve 9.8K at lvl 100 once min/maxed. That gives us around 1.4 to 1.5K klife regen per second when at full frenzy charges, which makes the char surprisingly tanky against multiple lesser hits, not so much against a modded Minotaur though.

It is ofc Atziri viable, even though you can't ignite her she has so low health you'll kill her fairly easily.
You can kill the guardians, the Chimera being the esaiest (done it 3 times so far, died only once because of that nasty dog pet of doom spitting fireballs). It ought to be Shaper viable, I'll try once I hit lvl 96, I just don't want to risk 10% xp at this point.

Now the gear:

Links
EA-Empower-Fire Pen-Less Duration-Chance to Ignite-GMP//(Slower Proj for single target)
Curse on hit-IS-GMP-Flammabilty (Ele weakness is on any hit)
CWDT-Stone golem (fire golem is an option)-then whatever you prefer

And the flasks:

Witchfire brew is an amazing defensive tool that gives you 65% increased ignite dps, big dps increase agaisnt bosses. Excellent defensive/offensive tool
Dying Sun, even though not mandatory, really improves your clear speed and it is almost alaways up. Pretty expensive though.
No one likes Forbidden Taste, but the one gives you 10% attack & spell dodge (you're at 46/20 during flask effect) and getting chunks of 4K to 8K life instantly with no drawback since we have around 0% chaos res and very good regen, on top of that with 2 charges, it makes the flask fit very snuggly into the build imo.
Bleed removal life flask, nothing to add ^^
Vinktar is an option I really like beacause without it you cannot shock, and shock increases your dps on bosses by a lot, comparable to the boost of taking EE.
You don't really need a Quicksilver, since you're at 100% movement speed when at full frenzies.

There is room for improvment, like getting a +40% EA damage on my helmet, another opal ring (crafting has been unsuccessful so far the second one), swaping the snakebite for Winds of change with the same corruption is an option (fairly good dps boost but you lose 16% inc AS). However the drawback from snakebites can be annoying at times.

I am using an Ice shot + GMP for my curse on hit setup, because it is imo the best skill ti use for this purpose. I don't rly like using split arrow or rain of arrows, even though these would allow me to not have to buy corrupted gloves, I feel like IS + GMP covers a much bigger AOE (since you have no pierce nor inc AOE) and it also has the advantage of working as an extra defensive layer (Attack, Cast, and Movement speed slow).

Since AOE was pretty badly nerfed in 2.6, I really feel like Dying Sun is more tha nenough to clear trash. And anways, the point of this EA build is to combine the clearspeed and smoothness of Quill Rain builds with the huge dmg of THicket Bows builds. And I think it does so fairly well.

Lvl 100 tree:
http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAQcSIwCBr-sB0ZuNCC7tgxmOAF7Tfn11_rrveu4Oo4oj9o19TZIwfFFHjb_UIwW1wuy0xQzypctirGyMnao2PW1sD6sWvyaVYeJVS4w25Rm0OPajFSAtgxm0vqdlTb02R351y-pijX63tkMxwzNaGr_VU7vawXTtBS1674ZgOlIOPN-_20_gwyW8vJ8YkfxLFE026FivqW7AGngNtfJybGxGMglvO3fjAdyE2S5T0281kv6PTeOmVzrh8kX-Cti9tz5Bh_nogsco-pitga-40No6sQW4kxzcjxrr7qcI2CRWSD7PveY31O0_muBFnVNS-_WXlyzphrMXJnqE0K1B0F9wg208vtjVAAAAAAA=

(the dream jewel would be :7% life 15% fire dmg 8% AS with bows) you can check mines atm on my profile ;)

There you go, I just wanted to share this build with the community since I like it :D
Last edited by PurpleKalmar on Mar 27, 2017, 6:48:26 PM
Last bumped on Mar 27, 2017, 6:46:51 PM
Can you post a video clip without empower 4 ?
"
Vuducdung wrote:
Can you post a video clip without empower 4 ?

Sure why not. The replacement would be slower proj, which gives similar dps to empower 3, but empower is too good on a thicket bow, it's as if it was level 5 in this setup

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info