Only crazy people level to 100

"
Avereth12 wrote:
GGG's current philosophy is that you're not supposed to aim for 100, backed up by their self fulfilling statistics showing that people give up around level 90 because of said mega grind and the false claim that the last few points are somehow less significant than the first few.

I certainly wish it would change, or at least leave the masochists to aim for 99->100 and let the rest of us get 99 with at least just extreme grinding rather than requiring meta sheep+quitting full time jobs.

I doubt it will change though, they seem to want there to be an extreme end to every single facet of this game for the top 5% or less. Level 100, shaper, uber atziri, chayula, 36/36, build enabling T1s, exalt and mirror crafting.....it's not for us. It probably never will be. The fact that you lose exp for dying is trivial honestly, there's literally no risk, it's just endless repetition of safe maps in the extreme and they somehow think it's fine.

It's always changing.

Not too long ago, Courtyard and Palace were the highest maps, with monster level 78.
But you were not really chaining them, most of the time you'd end up chaining lvl 73-75 content, with a brutal cut on exp gain.
Most players would give up in the mid 80s of their character, a build was considered "finished" at 100 skillpoints. At the end of a league, you entered the ladder at lvl 85+ (e.g. to appear online on poe.trade).

Monster Level 78 is tier 11 now. And you can easily sustain tier 11. And you have 5 more tiers above it.
Now people easily get to 90, and a build is considered "finished" at 110 skillpoints.
To enter the ladder, you need to be lvl 90+, even though the league has just begun.
It has never been easier to grind your levels.

---

The level system in PoE has a so-called "soft cap".
You could level to 100, if you really, really wanted.
But most likely, you won't. And that's fine.

Problems only arise when your expectations are false.
Probably because games today tend to hand their players everything within a couple hours.
PoE instead follows an old-school, more hardcore approach to game design.

Same goes for the itemization. You're not supposed to be fully geared in perfect items.
There should always be something better, just out of reach.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
jetinha wrote:
90 is a pretty good spot to stop. Even the achievement stops at 90.

Achievements are outdated. I'm pretty sure GGG should add Level 100, The Guardians, The Shaper and other high-end achivements like Uber Atziri into the game. Even Core Malachai has his achievement, come on.
"
fwd wrote:
"
jetinha wrote:
90 is a pretty good spot to stop. Even the achievement stops at 90.

Achievements are outdated. I'm pretty sure GGG should add Level 100, The Guardians, The Shaper and other high-end achivements like Uber Atziri into the game. Even Core Malachai has his achievement, come on.

Pretty sure they won't add a level 100 achievement, but with 3.0 removing difficulties I do agree there will be changes in achievement.
"
jetinha wrote:
When you try to level past 95, the experience penalty kicks in, and it's harder and harder to level up.

A build doesn't need level 100 to work. Most builds work fine at even level 90.

If you find yourself dying often, you can either improve on your gameplay, improve on your build, or simply accept the reality. I think as long as you're having fun, you don't always have to make a meta build that steamrolls through every content.

Grinding to level 100 is for perfectionists and masochists. You don't need to be as crazy as them.

Be yourself.

Not sure if you're being ironic or serious.....

I mean, you say only crazy, perfectionist, masochists play to 100. But then you say be yourself. Wouldn't people who play to 100, by definition, be themselves? In other words, you're positing a paradox only resolvable by not being oneself.

So here's a tip, you be you, and stop labeling others for what you perceive them to be, instead, just accept them.

K?

Stay woke.
I crazy, but also lazy

therefore i do not level to 100

also I die sometimes lol
I dont see any any key!
"
"
jetinha wrote:
When you try to level past 95, the experience penalty kicks in, and it's harder and harder to level up.

A build doesn't need level 100 to work. Most builds work fine at even level 90.

If you find yourself dying often, you can either improve on your gameplay, improve on your build, or simply accept the reality. I think as long as you're having fun, you don't always have to make a meta build that steamrolls through every content.

Grinding to level 100 is for perfectionists and masochists. You don't need to be as crazy as them.

Be yourself.

Not sure if you're being ironic or serious.....

I mean, you say only crazy, perfectionist, masochists play to 100. But then you say be yourself. Wouldn't people who play to 100, by definition, be themselves? In other words, you're positing a paradox only resolvable by not being oneself.

So here's a tip, you be you, and stop labeling others for what you perceive them to be, instead, just accept them.

K?

Stay woke.

So here's a tip, click my profile.
There is an exception to this though.

When trapper first became popular one player came up with a trapper so strong that it does alluring abyss with near zero risk of death. As it turned out, alluring abyss has its own bonus experience atop of the fact that it has only blue monsters and above. This actually makes alluring abyss the highest experience gain map that makes reaching level 100 without spending too much playtime a possibility.

Of course, not many can do this perfectly deathless and this guy abused this to reach 100 effortlessly.
"
Deadpeng wrote:

When trapper first became popular one player came up with a trapper so strong that it does alluring abyss with near zero risk of death. As it turned out, alluring abyss has its own bonus experience atop of the fact that it has only blue monsters and above. This actually makes alluring abyss the highest experience gain map that makes reaching level 100 without spending too much playtime a possibility.

Of course, not many can do this perfectly deathless and this guy abused this to reach 100 effortlessly.

Is that before ascendancy?
"
jetinha wrote:
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
I get bored once I start mapping and i don't know why. I want to check out high tier maps and shaper for once but I'm not motivated to play much.

I guess it's because you like the story of the game? Maps offer no plotline other than the Shaper progression.

The story means nothing to most.

The problem afterwards are the "dings" of achieving a new skill point or a equipment upgrade get fewer and fewer per day of playtime until eventually you are just standing still.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
jetinha wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:

Is that before ascendancy?

If I remember it correctly it was the exact league when Ascendancy was first released. It is now impossible to abuse the game like he did for two reasons:

-The general miner and trapper nerf
-That was the last league which spoils from alluring abyss (Atziri acuity and disfavour and house of mirror divination card) could sell so much so as to sustain his continuous alluring abyss run.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info