[2.6] Arc Totem/Voltaxic Rift Hierophant

My goal is to make this build as budget friendly as possible. Starting off with the basic 4 link setups, and updating as more links become available without breaking the bank. Some items may be on the more pricey side, but I will try to offset this on the rest of the gear. I think so far the most expensive thing is the Call of the Brotherhood Two-Stone Ring, which I find to be one of the critical items of the build with how it converts the lighting damage to cold. With the critical strikes your totems will be getting, and the range of 4 totems all casting arc, things will shatter and explode on and off screen.

Background
Spoiler
I've been playing the game for some time now, playing everything from self casters, totems, cast on hits, melee, pretty much the whole gambit. I always tend to come back to an arc or totem build of some sort, so I've decided to combine the two. I've never been a huge fan of leveling as on build, only to later respec into a completely different build, so I always try to make characters that level as what they will be in end game. So as usual when playing and leveling like this hiccups and slow downs are to be expected. It's still a work in progress, comments are welcome.

Pro's and Con's
Spoiler
+ fast trash clearing
+ kind of lazy
+ makes your screen light up
+ arc is one of the coolest looking skill's in the game, and it's on a four totems
+ by linking arc and totems you are no longer locked in place while casting arc.

- can be a glass cannon
- not the best at bosses, but can be done
- haven't tested much beyond T5 maps

Leveling
Spoiler
We are trying to get arc, spell totem, and at least two totems as fast as possible. When you first get to town in act 1 grab lightning tendrils and switch over to casting. Tendrils will used as your boss killer later, so you might as well start leveling it as soon as you can. Get spell totem and run tendrils on that until you're able to get arc. Once you have arc and ancestral bond, set up two spell totems, one for arc, one for tendrils.

Level 24-44 points

Level 51-71 points

Level 70-91 points

I haven't gotten much past the level 70 tree, but the rest of the plan is as follows for the tree. There a few points left to work in a bit more life or what ever if needed. I'm pretty sure there are other things that can be worked on.

Level 100-115 points

VIDEO

Doryani's Fist setup/T5 Mesa

Spoiler
I did die on the boss, but wanted to leave that in to show how this build can be a bit "glass cannonish".

https://youtu.be/FnHmOcPgbBY

-Ascendancy- Pursuit of Faith -> Ritual of Awakening -> your choice

-Bandits- Oak/All/Alira

Gem/Gear Setup

This was the setup I originally had planned for, but this will change as my gear gets better. A 6 link Voltaxic Rift is the weapon I'm trying to get to, again all while not breaking the bank. This is a basic 4 link setup for using Voltaxic Rift.

4 link Voltaxic Rift Setup
Spoiler
Helm
Geofri's Crest Great Crown: spell totem - arc - lightning penetration - iron will-

Voltaxic Rift: spell totem - lightning tendrils - culling strike - poison

Facebreakers: Cast when Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Assassin's Mark - Phase Run

Random Boots: Lightning Warp, Faster Casting, Less Duration, Vaal Grace

Random Chest 4L-2L: Orb of Storms - Power Charge on Crit - Increased Critical Strikes - Lightning Penetration/Stone Golem - Wrath

Other Important Gear: - Call of the Brotherhood Two-Stone Ring - Saemus' Gift Spike Arrow Quiver -

Currently: I've dropped using Voltaxic for now until I can 6 link it. I'm now using NO weapon due to using Doryani's Fist instead. I do lose some sockets, but the overall DPS has gone up.
I'm still only using a MAX of 4 links on this build. Trying to be budget friendly.

Doryani's Fist Setup

Spoiler
Geofri's Crest: spell totem - arc - lightning penetration - iron will

Geofri's Sanctuary: Orb of Storms - Power Charge on Crit - Increased Critical Strikes - Lightning Penetration

Esh's Mirror Thorium Shield (Esh's Visage is the better choice, but we're trying to be BUDGET FRIENDLY): spell totem - lightning tendrils - culling strike

Doryani's Fist: CWDT - Immortal Call - Assassin's Mark - Temp Chains
Random Boots: Wrath - Flame Dash - Stone Golum - Vaal Grace

Perandus Blazon Cloth Belt

Call of the Brotherhood Two-Stone Ring

Random two-stone and random amulet to get the resistance and stats needed.

edits

Spoiler
gave a bit more on intentions of the guide
added video of T5/mesa
added in Doryani's Fist setup
Last edited by Aucuba057 on Mar 19, 2017, 12:20:05 PM
Last bumped on May 10, 2017, 2:54:15 PM
Awesome bro
currently at level 64 but this is a fun build
Yo, I just checked your character just to see your passives/gear and it says your hierophant using this build is lvl 62 ? No offense, but pls don't recommend builds or publish guides if you don't even have a character that is not even into maps yet as you can not even confirm how it performs ! Don't get me wrong i like arc and your build sounds interesting...i just don't think it is very viable and your character only being lvl 62 kinda proves this.
"
Yo, I just checked your character just to see your passives/gear and it says your hierophant using this build is lvl 62 ? No offense, but pls don't recommend builds or publish guides if you don't even have a character that is not even into maps yet as you can not even confirm how it performs ! Don't get me wrong i like arc and your build sounds interesting...i just don't think it is very viable and your character only being lvl 62 kinda proves this.
The toon I made this on is level 80 and has been respeced to inquisitor. No reason but I wanted to compare the crit bonuses vs the the additional totems. The additional totems seemed to clear quicker and easier. Yes I do have a level 62 Hierophant on standard league that was the original test of this build in between last league and this league, that is probably the one you looked at on my character page. The level 80 was doing t9-t10's before the respec.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info