[2.6 Legacy SC] PF CI Glasscanon Budget Elemental Wander

Hello, I've had quite a bunch of people request a build guide for my awesome squishy budget headhunter wander.

Some may know me by my IGN : VeronicaLakeToHundred

3.0 FALL OF ORIATH UPDATE
  • Build no longer works.

• [hr]

VIDEOS
    6Link and 7.5k es
    6min Uber Atziri (2 deaths to Split Phase)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ-wUiwnJnI

5Link and <= 6k es
    11min Shaper (1 death to Daresso)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnQPBMumWYs
    3min T16 Minotaur without Quicksilver/Dying Sun/Barrage Enchant
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2HQJPjH4WM&feature=youtu.be
    2min T16 Minotaur without Quicksilver flask, showcasing Whirling blades swapping
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGr_HbIIDkE
    2min T16 Minotaur
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg3IeBnp-UE&feature=youtu.be
    3min T16 Phoenix
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edM1Ed8yshQ
    3min Normal Atziri
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5-hAb7XZ4M&feature=youtu.be
    3min T14 Mineral Pools with 18% Elemental reflect
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hK4jG6qnE4&feature=youtu.be
    ... More coming soon™

Pros
    - Map reflect-proof if you use Incandescent Heart (not with -max of course)
    - Makes use of newly buffed vendor trash uniques (Thunderfist, Piscator, Incandescent Heart)
    - Cheap (most core items are 1alch, and I ran this as my league starter)
    - Great deeps for the price
    - Insane range (like every wander...)
    - Benefits a truckton from an aurabot (4x damage)
    - pseudo 81.25% all elemental resistances (thanks to Incandescent Heart)
    - Mini-Headhunter from Inspired Learning without having to spec into useless nodes.
    - Fun! :D

Cons
    - Low eHP against physical damage with budget gear (obviously HC viable /sarcasm)
    - Beware of Carpal Tunnel from flask piano
    - The Piscator's Vigil, Tornado Wand 3d art is freaking garbage wtf GGG it looks like an Omen Wand...

STATS
    [spoiler="Character sheet with mid-budget gear"][/spoiler]

[spoiler="Mid-tier Tooltips"]Kinetic Blast with Vinktar's + 5 Power charges + 3 Frenzy Charges

Barrage with Vinktar's + 5 Power charges + 3 Frenzy Charges

Kinetic Blast in Hideout

Barrage in Hideout
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Old Tooltips with 5link and worse gear"]Tooltip in hideout with only Auras + Golem
    Also keep in mind my Barrage is only in a 5link at the moment

[spoiler="Tooltips with Dying Sun setup"]
    [spoiler="In Hideout with Auras + Golem + Vinktar"]
    [/spoiler]
    [spoiler="Auras + Golem + Vinktar + Full charges"]

[/spoiler]
    [/spoiler]
    [spoiler="Tooltips with Atziri's Promise setup"]
    [spoiler="In Hideout with Auras + Golem + Atziri's + Vinktar"]
    [/spoiler]
    [spoiler="Auras + Golem + Atziri's + Vinktar + Full charges"]

[/spoiler]
    [/spoiler]

Of course, it can go much higher after having killed a few rares :)
    [/spoiler]

BUILDING
    [spoiler="Gear"]
    [spoiler="My current gear (mid-budget) 20ex+"]

[/spoiler]

Weapon

This bad boy is best in slot unless you can get a 200+edps 1.7aps 9+ crit Imbued Wand and it costs absurdly cheap. When purchasing one, prioritize the Increased critical strike chance roll (goes up to 30%) as well as the Increased attack speed roll (goes up to 18%). If you can, get one with Culling strike corruption, it's a net 11% more effective damage and helps you get the rare kills in parties for Inspired Learning.

Gloves

We need these awesome-looking mitts for the pseudo 5-link it provides to put our Kinetic Blast setup in. An alternative would be a pair of rare Sorcerer Gloves crafted with a Essence of Hysteria to provide additional fire damage to socketed gems. This option will have the advantage of lowering the mana cost of Kinetic Blast from 62 to 48, which may allow us to drop the Reduced mana reservation passive near Chaos Inoculation. Additionally, they might provide higher energy shield and resistances. If you can't afford Hysteria gloves, Thunderfists cost only 1 alchemy. By the way, legacy version is no different from the current one and the +1 to level of socketed gems is unnecessary, I just happened to find one for really cheap (10c).

Body Armour

The Incandescent Heart is by no means best in slot, but for 1 alchemy, you get up to 20% more damage as chaos, up to 1% attack damage leeched as life, 25% reduced elemental damage taken since we are immune to chaos damage which means a pseudo +6.25% to all maximum resistances if we are at 75% elemental resistances against hits (damage over time cannot be converted). I've used a 4link one until level 90 if you cannot afford a 5link. Later on, it is a wise choice to buy a high energy shield Vaal Regalia (aim for 700-800) with some resistances and intelligence.

HOWEVER, Incandescent Heart allows us to run Elemental reflect maps :OOO
    Here's the math :
    Reflected damage = 18% * 0.25 [Assuming 75% res] * 0.75 [25% is converted to chaos] * (100% - 10% [Reduced ele reflect damage taken from Primeval Force passive] - 8% [Reduced ele damage taken from Nature's Boon ascendancy]) * 100%/120% [Because 1/6 of our damage is actually chaos damage]

Reflected damage = 0.18*0.25*0.75*0.82/1.2 = 0.0230625 = 2.30625%

We have about 2.6% generic attack leech naturally from passives + Incandescent Heart, which is enough to outleech 18% reflect, pretty cool huh? Don't even need to use flasks.

If you opt for a Vaal Regalia, it is not possible to outleech reflect without having permanent Vinktar's in our current setup.

Reflected dmg without Incandescent Heart = 0.18*0.25*0.82 = 3.69% which is 60% more damage taken ouch...

For this reason, I decided to keep using the Heart so that I don't have to reroll ele reflect maps, and 6k es is enough under normal circumstances for general mapping purposes.

Helmet

Get as soon as possible a Hubris Circlet with +2 projectiles to Barrage as it is a huge boost to our singletarget damage, get at least 300 energy shield with one or two resistances (it's not that hard by scour + essence/alching). Accuracy and intelligence are nice bonuses. Crown of Eyes is nice and all but it's much harder and probably more expensive to buy one with the enchant and we do need the extra resistance until we get a Vaal Regalia. I bought my helmet with the enchant for 3 Exalts and dumped a few essences of woe on it.
    EDIT : the prices have skyrocketed to 10ex+, so get a Dying Sun first, it's better and cheaper lol

Shield

Nothing special, get high energy shield and resistances. Bought that for a few chaos.

Boots

My boots are really disgustingly bad I know, I know... Get at the very least 25% movement speed,but I highly recommend to get 30%. And then the traditional high energy shield + resistances. If you're really that poor you can pick up a pair of Sin Trek that gives up to almost 200 energy shield, 30% movement speed and some intelligence. You can find some decent ones for 1 alchemy. Plenty of enchants are good, elemental penetration might be best.

Belt

Ewww a chain belt! Shut up, I found it okay? Ideally get a Crystal Belt or a Heavy Belt for the Strength. Prioritize resistances, and then Weapon elemental damage and energy shield. Reduced flask charges used, Increased flask duration and flask charges gained are bonus stats if you can manage the loss of resistances.

Rings

Get a Valyrium (1 Chaos) for stun management.

The other one should provide resistances and some damage. You can get energy shield too but I love to die to oneshots. For damage mods I prioritize : Weapon elemental damage > Attack speed > flat added lightning damage > flat added cold damage > Accuracy > flat added fire damage. Might be different depending on the rest of your gear. Best base is the Opal Ring, and then Diamond Ring. I found that one and crafted it myself #EthicalSSF.

Amulet

Again, same mods as on the ring slot, but make sure to prioritize Critical multiplier on top of that and get Strength either as implicit or explicit. I don't know why I crafted mana on that, sorry.

Update : I've switched to Eye of Chayula because Stun Immunity is just sooo much better, plays smooth as butter. With Chayula, we don't need Valyrium anymore so we can wear a rare ring like this one I bought for a couple of chaos :

[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Flasks"]

You do not need a Dying Sun, I got mine only at level 93, use an Atziri's Promise instead if you cannot afford Dying Sun.

The Wise Oak is mandatory. If your lightning resistance (while ignoring the 75% cap) is highest or among the highest elemental resistances, you gain 30% lightning penetration (OpieOP) with flask effectiveness, allowing you to drop Lightning Penetration Support in your Barrage setup. I bought mine at the start of the league for 2 Chaos, it is currently 7 Chaos.

Get the Added lightning damage to attacks version of Vessel of Vinktar. While it is not required, it provides massive damage. Bought mine for 70 Chaos at the start of the league.

And then we need a Bleed removal Diamond Flask for the fat crit and a Quicksilver because we don't want to crawl like a snail. You can also replace Dying Sun/Atziri's Promise with a Silver flask for enhanced speed.
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Skill links"]
    You do not need an Enlighten level 3, just take the 4% reduced mana reservation node next to Scion and you're fine. If you do, support Wrath and Discipline with it.

Kinetic Blast (in Thunderfist gloves) : + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Pierce + Weapon Elemental Damage

Barrage (in Body Armour) : + Added Lightning Damage + Weapon Elemental Damage + Elemental Focus (+ Increased Critical Strikes) (+ Faster Attacks/Increased Critical Strike Damage)

Herald of Ice : + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark

Frenzy : + Power Charge on Critical + Increased Critical Strikes

Vaal Power Siphon : + Weapon Elemental Damage + Added Lightning Damage + Slower Projectiles/Chain

Miscellaneous : Ice/Lightning golem , Discipline, Wrath, Flame Dash

Optional funky stuff
    If you want to move lightning fast while covering large distances and without having to use your quicksilver flask, try this little trick :

Equip a Brightbeak and a 3-green sockets Prismatic Eclipse in your secondary weapon set. In the Prismatic Eclipse, put Whirling Blades + Faster Attacks (and a quality Culling Strike if you want for a little %increased attack speed bonus). Then, in your main weapon set, make sure that you don't have your auras/golem in your wand/shield so that they do not deactivate on swap.

Now you can enjoy Vaal Spark whirling blades speed when you need to travel long distances!
    For reference, I have +346% attack speed modifier and +379% when I use any flask.
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Passive Tree + Ascendancy + Bandits"]
    https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAAHRCaANfA5cD8QRUBR1FLAV1xeWGNsZihnXGo8bJR1PIG4knSepKjgsvy0fMFs1uTdMO3w9Xz9zRX5GcUlRS65Ms1AwUEJSU1M1VmNW-lm8X2pfsGBDYlpq-mznbRluPW8nb55wUnC7dPF3B3fXePl-3X8rf4B_xoIegwmExYauhxOJ04w2jbmPYI_6kyeVIJcGl5WaYZpqm7WcpJ63oSKhL6JAoqOkwqcrrTOv67QMuMq-gL6Kvu7BxcHzwzrEosUox53HyslEykrK085w0B_Q0NN-2VvfmOkC6ZjquuwY7g7veu_r8NXxbfT49lv22vsJ_W7_EA==?accountName=Austhern&characterName=VeronicaLakeToHundred

If you want to have fun and pretend you have a Headhunter to look like a rich motherf****er, I highly encourage you to try the Inspired Learning jewel (2 Chaos) like I am doing right now. With the Nemesis Leaguestones available this league, it is the perfect time to enjoy the HH Experience without having to sell your kidney. It turns the "whacking crabs" game into chasing rare Pokémon!

If you don't want to have fun then replace the awesome jewel with a lame rare one and you can save 3 points by not having to spec into the Area of Effect nodes.

Ascendancy
    Pathfinder is a very good choice, for the 20% flask effect, movement speed, attack speed, elemental penetration, status immunity.

Order : Nature's Boon -> Master Alchemist -> Veteran Bowyer -> Nature's Adrenaline
    Basically get Master Alchemist ASAP, I f*cked up by picking it last, so I had to use freeze + shock flasks for a long time while I was searching for Uber Labyrinth Trials.

Bandits
    Kill all -> Kill all -> Help Alira

You could help Kraytin in Cruel for 8% attack speed, but our tree is already very passive-hungry so I opted to kill that little bastard.
    [/spoiler]

[spoiler="Leveling"]
    Level as a life-based elemental archer using Shrapnel Shot and then Lightning Arrow, the tree is basically the same, but just grab life nodes and bow nodes.

When you get to level 67, buy an Incandescent Heart, Thunderfist and a Piscator's and voilà! Pick up a random es shield and you can respec to CI + Ghostreaver and start wanding.

From that point on, save money for the Vinktar's, and then for the Dying Sun.
    [/spoiler]
  • Last edited by Austhern on Aug 2, 2017, 1:03:17 PM
    Last bumped on Jul 20, 2017, 7:15:51 AM
    I don't have anything insightful to add, I just thought I'd let you know that I'm trying out this build. I'm currently only level 53 so I don't have any results yet, but I'll let you know how this build is going later.
    "
    Nuraihyon wrote:
    I don't have anything insightful to add, I just thought I'd let you know that I'm trying out this build. I'm currently only level 53 so I don't have any results yet, but I'll let you know how this build is going later.

Hmm I see that you're trying to level already as a wander, this might be quite rough since there are barely no leveling uniques for elemental wanders. If you want to keep going that way, I strongly recommend you to find/buy a rare wand instead of Obliteration as it is a slow wand that provides close to no benefits to elemental damage.

Also, pick up Vaal Pact as soon as possible, instant leech is overpowered :)

Good luck and hope you don't suffer too much from the rough leveling process lol.
    can run high level maps / guardians / shaper ?
    1:42 minute t16 with that budget gear set and 5 linked barrage? That is absolutely amazing. Was the speed mostly due to soul eater on the boss? What is the run time w/o idealized inspired learning procs?

You've basically put nearly every other wand build to shame if that 1:42 figure was consistent.
    IGN: Arlianth
    Check out my LA build: 1782214
    Last edited by Nephalim on Apr 1, 2017, 2:01:05 AM
    "
    Nephalim wrote:
    1:42 minute t16 with that budget gear set and 5 linked barrage? That is absolutely amazing. Was the speed mostly due to soul eater on the boss? What is the run time w/o idealized inspired learning procs?

You've basically put nearly every other wand build to shame if that 1:42 figure was consistent.

Yeah the soul eater mod really helped the boss fight, I'll upload a video where I didn't have soul eater, it took 2:45ish minute because I had to be careful with the boss. The damage is there, but I can't facetank Minotaur + rocks + golems at the same time, maybe a Basalt flask could allow that though.

Update : Just tried using a Basalt flask instead of a quicksilver and managed 2:00ish with the help of whirling blades. Uploading the video soon.
    Last edited by Austhern on Apr 1, 2017, 1:34:44 PM
    "
    can run high level maps / guardians / shaper ?

T15 maps are no problem, guardian bosses are trickier but doable. I haven't tried Shaper yet so I don't know.

Update : Just tried a Shaper run, it was basically deathless but I died to Daresso's swords lol
    Shaper himself is fairly easy, I was able to facetank his attacks (except slam of course) with only my natural leech. One thing to note is that you cannot tank the Unshaped's Vortex slams. I will upload the video soon.
    Last edited by Austhern on Apr 1, 2017, 2:48:45 PM
    Have you considered Brinerot Whalers? SOlid ES boots at around 180-200ES, 25 move speed iirc, and a little extra res - plus proj damage.
    "
    ScootaLewis wrote:
    Have you considered Brinerot Whalers? SOlid ES boots at around 180-200ES, 25 move speed iirc, and a little extra res - plus proj damage.

Hmm looks pretty good, if you don't need more resistances and you are comfortable with 25% movement speed, that's definitely a good choice.
    Hey man! Trying your build right now. From 56 to 65 Dual Obliteration Horns was really helpfull. Now testing piscator and suffering to 67 with 1.5k life on merciless:))

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info