[2.6] CI FrostBlades Raider/Pathfinder [Permafreeze T15 bosses, 4:17 Shaper Run, 1:49 Chayula timer]

Cheers - will start off with claw then and only try daggers if I happen to find/snipe a GG one.
Typical though, last league, pre claw buffs I randomly ID'd a 340 pdps, 38% increased crit claw.
What do you guys think of the passive node "Fingers of Frost" - is it worth to try it out?
Last edited by Akaira on Apr 26, 2017, 9:01:55 AM
"
Invalesco wrote:

I know of someone who is using a dagger variant (Sophpokes), but I think he only relies on Atziri's Flask for leech. Also, I believe netflix_and_strand was using incandescent heart a while ago. I don't yet know of anyone combining the two.

The DPS edge that daggers have over claws is no longer as great as before ever since the nerf to daggers and the buff to claw nodes. With a budget option such as ToA available, which itself already offers free chain and frenzy charges, it will be very difficult to get a dagger that is both reasonably-priced and yet strong enough to replace it.

Incandescent heart can definitely work though.

Netflix_and_Strand was using 2b3R1G regalia (Bought 6L and didn't want to recolour) AFAIK about 3-4 days ago. Wanted to buy his claw, ended up chatting about the build.
How do you guys sustain mana when using FB? O_O I'm having huge mana issues at lvl 34 .... using a tabula to lvl up and it's 5 linked at the moment. I have 1 mana flask , but I'm thinking I might have to start using 2 mana flasks instead.
Hey, I'm using a tabula to lvl. up right now too - for most of normal I was running FB 4/5 linked, with only Hatred active plus 2 life, 2 mana, 1 QS flask.
QOL definitely gets better once you pick up the Mind Drinker node, which was around A1/cruel for me - now I can run FB 6-link plus Hatred/Ash and cruel feels easier than normal.
"
zeromuzuki wrote:
How do you guys sustain mana when using FB? O_O I'm having huge mana issues at lvl 34 .... using a tabula to lvl up and it's 5 linked at the moment. I have 1 mana flask , but I'm thinking I might have to start using 2 mana flasks instead.

Get some elreon jewelry for now, your dps will be more than enough once you have the claw cluster for mana leech.
Last edited by waslo on Apr 26, 2017, 7:09:23 PM
"
zeromuzuki wrote:

Elreon jewelry is great! You might also consider Thief's Torment. It's cheap, and gives nice Life Gain on Hit along with the Mana on Hit, helping as both a mana source and defensive source, possibly all the way to Merciless Dried Lakes.

/popcorn always, because people
"
Invalesco wrote:
1. I would invest in a taste of hate before good jewels. The DPS + defensive boost from taste of hate will really make mapping much more comfortable and speedy.
2. Grab the crit nodes and alchemist cluster before the jewel sockets if you're unable to obtain good jewels

There's plenty of room for improvement in your gear, but its fine to take it one step at a time. Get a staunching diamond flask first then taste of hate. You can upgrade the rest of your gear after! Probably the only thing semi-decent at the moment is your helm and that doesn't have the frost blades dmg enchant either :p

PCoC w/Shield Charge is a really good thought. BV is definitely lacklustre if most enemies are frozen and unable to hit you anyway. Glad to know you're enjoying the build, you're welcome! :)

Thanks! :) Yeah it's sub-par gear. I don't play as hardcore as others. My legacy stash is sad compared to my Standard one. My gear is pretty terrible, I need higher tier resists and STR for flexibility. I don't see Skin being enough ES much longer, but that's a big upgrade for later. Skin is only my second (non-Tabula) 6L piece ever, so I'm still thrilled! :)

Question: Completing the claw cluster through Magpie is NOT the next priority? Path of Building says it's another chunk of ouch-potential...

I'll aim for Taste of Hate. Never had one, and Legacy is probably 20% cheaper.

I'll finish the crit nodes and then head to Alchemist. It sounds like what I'm hearing is that flasks are a very big part of this build. Which is good to know, but truthfully I just love seeing big numbers in HO! :P

(PCoC + Shield Charge is only marginally better than BV so far. I think my crit chance is still a litle too low for reliability. Working on it!)

Thanks for your help earlier, Inva, and for reading this! :)
/popcorn always, because people
Last edited by deadamaranth on Apr 26, 2017, 9:42:57 PM
At first thanks a lot for the build! Was playing a CoC Discharger before and always struggled with single target DPS. I guess I'm pretty set up with my gear for now. Some items are in standard though and I can't wait for the league to end :D Been trying out the Abyssuss aswell and my damage almost doubled. I ended up getting enough resist on the rest of my gear. ~9k ES and 450k hideout tooltip DPS without flasks or golem. As soon as I get the jewels from Standard and exchange Inc Crit vs 21 Ele Focus the tooltip damage will be over 500k for sure.

Last edited by Springstoff on Apr 27, 2017, 7:32:59 AM
Hmm,
I've respecced my Raider, and I know my gems need levelling/quality and my gear isn't optimal, but I was still expecting a bit better damage than I am getting.
Trash isn't get one shotted - or even 2 shotted in higher maps so anything tanky with a few adds is being a pain to kill as multistrike targets all over the place. Am using Inc crit strikes as my 6th link (running RRRRGB) - maybe better with a different link, or rejig tree priorities. I'll do some path of building playing tonight.

Current gear

Not great gear (And I know I need to quality a few bits!). Was a mix of gear I had on hand and some cheapish stuff. Don't want to put too much into it until I get a proper helm - need to sell a bit of gear first. Also haven't got a taste of hate yet - next on the list.
At about 7.5k es I think (Can't remember exactly). With a better helm and an ES craft on at least one bit of jewellery should be able to hit 8.5ish.

I hit temp chains on the shaper's touch on second vaal (bricked my first!). Would have preferred ele weakness! So might try and sell those.

But again, still thought my damage might be a bit better already.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info