[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Loving the build so far but having little survivability hiccups. I'm rocking a tabula and marohi while farming up for tidebreaker. Any suggestions for survivablity imprrovements while in this gap between tidebreaker?

I find that sometimes I just blow up on packs and struggle for long term fights like the red bestiary mobs or certain bosses like Vaal City boss who just oneshot me.

Also finding it pretty hard to get resists in the available slots this early in the league so that's partially to blame.
"
Kosai wrote:
Hey there, do you somehow know the mechanics of Tidebreaker with Tectonic Slam

Since Tectonic Slam consumes an endurance charge will you still get the damage bonus per endurance charge from Tidebreaker?

Or does it not count since you "no longer" have the endurance charge since it does get consumed by tectonic slam so you dont get the damage bonus per endurance charge from Tidebreaker?

My interpretation is that the consumed charge won’t contribute to the damage bonus. My reasoning is that the endurance charge is consumed when we use the skill, but the damage is calculated when the hit lands. Because the skill is always used before the hit lands, this results in an endurance charge missing.
"
Midjet wrote:
Loving the build so far but having little survivability hiccups. I'm rocking a tabula and marohi while farming up for tidebreaker. Any suggestions for survivablity imprrovements while in this gap between tidebreaker?

I find that sometimes I just blow up on packs and struggle for long term fights like the red bestiary mobs or certain bosses like Vaal City boss who just oneshot me.

Also finding it pretty hard to get resists in the available slots this early in the league so that's partially to blame.

Yes, we may have survivability issues early on in the league when key pieces of this build are missing. I don't have any good suggestions to be honest. I would probably respec out of some damage nodes (like Blunt Instrument), and get some life nodes to improve survival.

But the best strategy is, in my opinion, farm lower tier maps with safer mods until you can afford a Tidebreaker (or better rare items). A Tidebreaker is a significant upgrade, and due to better offense and better stunning, this upgrade will help your survivability quite a lot as well. (Also, the endurance charge generation helps.)

Also, you need to make sure that you're using the attack in place trick. Leaping into a pack and blowing up all of them with Heavy Strike is completely different from leaping into a pack and (due to targeting reasons started walking instead of attacking,) then gets blown up by surrounding mobs.
Omfg I completely forgot about the attack-in-place trick.

That already made a markable difference in my play, got a few hundred more HP and made mapping significantly more smooth. Can't wait to get a tidebreaker, despite probably not going to be able to 5L it for a while!

edit: I might have to use a different method, this script for it is driving me nuts and I don't have a numpad on this board lol
Last edited by Midjet on Mar 4, 2018, 12:08:38 AM
"
Midjet wrote:
Omfg I completely forgot about the attack-in-place trick.

That already made a markable difference in my play, got a few hundred more HP and made mapping significantly more smooth. Can't wait to get a tidebreaker, despite probably not going to be able to 5L it for a while!

edit: I might have to use a different method, this script for it is driving me nuts and I don't have a numpad on this board lol

careful with script you may get ban
Spoiler

Let me bring up some of my points:

1. Abyssus alone is not going to be able to boost Juggernaut's DPS to a level comparable to Berserker's. To be honest when you say something like 10million damage in a hit (half of Shaper's life pool), I doubt that you're either equipping perfect rolled gears or not setting up PoB config correctly.

2. Champion with 100% chance to hit is going to be even more effective than Juggernaut.

3. Juggernaut does not simply have 90% physical damage mitigation.

4. On Curse on Hit Support, there is one phrase: "Minions cannot apply curses this way". Also Punishment just won't work for us as stunners.

5. Animate Guardian also requires high life regen rate to survive.

6. Also, if you're to use Vigilant Strike, removing the need of any accuracy, why would you still play Juggernaut?

7. You also seem to be mentioning more ascendancy points than you can pick from Juggernaut?

I really need to see your PoB setup, then we can be on the same page. I think you're too ideal while making this build and there are just many things that PoB thinks works but in reality won't (Punishment curse, for example).

It is an interesting and hot topic that if a crit version, Jugg or Champion or if anything else, can work better. If you'd like we can surely have further discussions.

1. Abyssus is alot. In fact it's aspect of carnage in a helmet, I don't need a single juggernaut node to insist how good this is, crit is a superior format, even if you're using the new ignomon fated or a champion.

2. Thing with Champion though is he doesn't get stun duration and is half as tanky. Juggernaut ruthless stuns last 1 additional second compared to every other class besides slayer. While Champion will reach the damage numbers more quickly required to stun with ruthless, eventually a Jugg will get there, and when he does he's going to have beefier stun durations.

3. No he doesn't but he very easily gets 90% phys mitigation and beyond because jugg.

4. RIP. I didn't know that was the case. Thanks for letting me know, still you could equip vulnerability corrupted oskarm gloves on the Animated Guardian and he would still be able to apply two of the curses with a 3 curse limit which would allow us to apply Punishment ourselves, doing it that way just saves links allowing us to delegate CoH Punishment to our Warchief or Frenzy Pcoc.

5. Sulphur flasks are all Guardian needs to have "high life regen rate" and as I've mentioned before it's only a 5% less damage loss compared to Sin's Rebirth to utilize it, and it increases our survivability in conjunction. This would be the ideal set-up for brutality as we can go surgeon's and make sure we have flasks throughout boss fights.

6. Because Juggernaut does either method, rather it's crit heavy strike or vigilante strike. If you get rid of the accuracy node then he just gets even tankier, which I think is better if you have a corrupted Tidebreaker.

7. I was mentioning two various methods of which to play the same build, Crit Heavy Strike would require the accuracy nodes, but crit vigilante would not, crit vigilante not only allows you to become tankier from swappin ascendancy, but also saves about 5 points of accuracy passives required to hit 95% hit chance on lvl 84 mobs.

I'm also thinking about using a 50% increased physical damage taken abyssus just to increase the amount we regenerate from all the shit we mitigate.

https://pastebin.com/ZDtpYKuY
here's the PoB

Spoiler
I've set up ruthless crit, ruthless non-crit, and normal crit diamond flasks aswell as a guaranteed hit flask to test heavy strike damage without hit chance affecting the damage per hit it will deal.

I kept the animated guardian for the tri-curse set-up using a different application method that should work and it's giving me 25%~30% more damage still. he also isn't going to die thus neither is my Flame Golem, ez 53% increased damage and strong curses, and there's room for an Enduring Cry Bear to taunt and add extra protection for the lot of us that we don't really need.

Using minions to improve the build seems good. Also, if hiltless triggers the endurance charge gain per second line for juggernaut then I'm going to set Frenzy in a 6Link weapon swap so that I can apply bleed and blind with it aswell as generate all three of my charges with it.

Even if it doesn't work I might just end up using this anyways because I really need another 4link to try out some other junk that may improve the build.

Yes the jewels are Op. determination pdr could be replaced with a 100% chaos golem enchant on abyssus, and the crit multiplier jewels don't make or break the build, they're just really strong and unreasonable to obtain in such bulk.
Last edited by Do_odle on Mar 4, 2018, 7:51:17 PM
I think you shoulf post pob link here to proof you ideal
I tried to build 1 myself, even with 1000% crit multi, 60% crit rate, its damage isnt strong enough

doubt
if i build thing in my dream it must be much stronger
Last edited by dtk92892 on Mar 4, 2018, 9:54:22 PM
"
Do_odle wrote:
Spoiler
1. Abyssus is alot. In fact it's aspect of carnage in a helmet, I don't need a single juggernaut node to insist how good this is, crit is a superior format, even if you're using the new ignomon fated or a champion.

2. Thing with Champion though is he doesn't get stun duration and is half as tanky. Juggernaut ruthless stuns last 1 additional second compared to every other class besides slayer. While Champion will reach the damage numbers more quickly required to stun with ruthless, eventually a Jugg will get there, and when he does he's going to have beefier stun durations.

3. No he doesn't but he very easily gets 90% phys mitigation and beyond because jugg.

4. RIP. I didn't know that was the case. Thanks for letting me know, still you could equip vulnerability corrupted oskarm gloves on the Animated Guardian and he would still be able to apply two of the curses with a 3 curse limit which would allow us to apply Punishment ourselves, doing it that way just saves links allowing us to delegate CoH Punishment to our Warchief or Frenzy Pcoc.

5. Sulphur flasks are all Guardian needs to have "high life regen rate" and as I've mentioned before it's only a 5% less damage loss compared to Sin's Rebirth to utilize it, and it increases our survivability in conjunction. This would be the ideal set-up for brutality as we can go surgeon's and make sure we have flasks throughout boss fights.

6. Because Juggernaut does either method, rather it's crit heavy strike or vigilante strike. If you get rid of the accuracy node then he just gets even tankier, which I think is better if you have a corrupted Tidebreaker.

7. I was mentioning two various methods of which to play the same build, Crit Heavy Strike would require the accuracy nodes, but crit vigilante would not, crit vigilante not only allows you to become tankier from swappin ascendancy, but also saves about 5 points of accuracy passives required to hit 95% hit chance on lvl 84 mobs.

I'm also thinking about using a 50% increased physical damage taken abyssus just to increase the amount we regenerate from all the shit we mitigate.

https://pastebin.com/ZDtpYKuY
here's the PoB

Spoiler
I've set up ruthless crit, ruthless non-crit, and normal crit diamond flasks aswell as a guaranteed hit flask to test heavy strike damage without hit chance affecting the damage per hit it will deal.

I kept the animated guardian for the tri-curse set-up using a different application method that should work and it's giving me 25%~30% more damage still. he also isn't going to die thus neither is my Flame Golem, ez 53% increased damage and strong curses, and there's room for an Enduring Cry Bear to taunt and add extra protection for the lot of us that we don't really need.

Using minions to improve the build seems good. Also, if hiltless triggers the endurance charge gain per second line for juggernaut then I'm going to set Frenzy in a 6Link weapon swap so that I can apply bleed and blind with it aswell as generate all three of my charges with it.

Even if it doesn't work I might just end up using this anyways because I really need another 4link to try out some other junk that may improve the build.

Yes the jewels are Op. determination pdr could be replaced with a 100% chaos golem enchant on abyssus, and the crit multiplier jewels don't make or break the build, they're just really strong and unreasonable to obtain in such bulk.

Again, several problems I want to point out:
Spoiler

1. You will need a lot of hits with your Frenzy setup (counting attack speed, chance to hit and chance to crit, when you don't have charges yet) to reach maximum power charges.

2. Just like Animated Guardian, Warchief totem cannot apply curse via Curse on Hit support either...

3. Punishment cannot be used. Punishment only works when cursed enemies hit us with a melee attack, which just doesn't happen as we are stun builds. Even when they occasionally hit us, the buff duration (Shaper/Guardian fight) is only 4 * 0.2 = 0.8 second. This curse is just not going to work.

4. I don't know why you're showing me an ideal case of 100% crits and 100% ruthless blows, but after I set things back to normal, I see 1.4 million DPS, 5.8k life and 92% r.E.S.T. (I am not counting the Tidebreaker corruption, I have been playing this build for a whole year and I have only seen 2 Stun Support corruption Tidebreakers.) These numbers are not bad, but every single piece of your items have perfect max rolled tier 1 mods. It's just not a good habit to theory-craft like that, you're never going to collect these items.

5. You didn't even bother finding ways to cause bleed and gain Fortify...

6. Sure if you can always bath your Animated Guardian on consecrated ground, it will live. But the problem with Animated Guardian is that, it won't just stand inside the consecrated ground. In many fights there are so much AoE damage from everywhere (Elder fight, breaches, beyond mobs, etc.) and Animated Guardian just will die very frequently. I have tried to use Animated Guardians 3 times, 2 times on 2 summoner builds and 1 time on my Guardian aurabot. Even on summoner builds it rips every once in a while.

7. What if your first Vigilant strike didn't stun? (Which is likely due to Ruthless triggering at 3rd attack.) I am asking this because your Vigilant Strike will be on cooldown and you will have no endurance charges to bypass that.

8. Do you really have gem slots left for a movement skill?

9. Are you really going to rely on a resistance flask to cap your resistances...

10. So... when you do maps you're just... going to use maybe Sunder or Tectonic Slam.. and due to lack of accuracy... missing almost half of your attacks...?

11. Why are you investing so heavily on things like regen and physical mitigation, when the build is a stun build and we don't even take damage very often.

Overall, I do see potential in crit builds (especially with very good GG items), but the theme of Juggernaut just doesn't fit the theme of a stun build, in my opinion. I still think Champion would be a better choice and Heavy Strike as well.

The Animated Guardian idea really seems odd to me and I really think you should test it out in standard to see if it actually works. Also some of your defensive choices seem redundant; it's not something comparable objectively so I can't really argue here, but I do think making a few tweaks may greatly improve your build.

And actually, right now I feel Tidebreaker is just powerful enough that you can build it however you want. Boss fight performance will be alright no matter what and clear speed becomes crucial.

"
dtk92892 wrote:
I think you shoulf post pob link here to proof you ideal
I tried to build 1 myself, even with 1000% crit multi, 60% crit rate, its damage isnt strong enough

This is an early theory craft of how champion could work with crit and starforge to get much more damage and also stun as well ( crit will shock 100% of time so whenever it shocks consider it a buff in damage that i did not calculate )

This is for single target dps, if we can fix that aoe combo will be no prob at all if flicker strike does not feel to our playstyle

Also each crit hit will do arround 1.1 mil damage that leads to a guaranteed stun for 2 seconds

with 2 seconds stun and 59% crit and 4 attacks per second it will prob lead to stun lock with almost 3 mil dps in total.

Again this is a theory craft and a very draft tree/item variation based on the OP's build.

If someone has time to improve it for a better result it would be great to see a huge purple Sword stunning/melting shaper!

Here is Pob link : https://pastebin.com/L9CK2Hr5
Last edited by Cloud_69 on Mar 5, 2018, 4:42:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info