[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

"
Defib wrote:
would using frost blades as a clear skill work?

It can be used but I think it’s not going to perform too well. The main problem is the 60% cold damage conversion. We don’t have any penetration and elemental damage is going to be less effective compared to physical. This makes Frost Blades’ damage per hit low than it seems; clear speed won’t be ideal and stunning high health mobs will be more challenging.

It may be an okay choice for Berserker, but for the Slayer version of this build Heavy Strike is going to be much better.
Maybe a dumb question, but would ascendant be viable?
"
BeoWulf981 wrote:
Maybe a dumb question, but would ascendant be viable?

Ascendant revamp has not been revealed, so we are not sure yet. I am however not too positive on the viability of Ascendant. There are not going to be many good choices in my opinion.

We will see the Ascendant change in at most a day, and we will then know if it’s actually viable.
"
brightwaha wrote:

2. We can totally skip Endless Hunger and Brutal Fervour. It won't affect our mapping too much. Reasons will be given below.

So while I do agree that the changes are overall nerfs to the Slayer ascendancy as a whole, but for this build it's actually a significant buff.

I was always a fan of using Overwhelm but losing the effect of new Brutal Fervour "Life leech effects are not removed at full life" means alot to me:

1- Are you always on full life to benefit from "Dmg on full life support"?

2- As slayer you are always going for VP, how can you sustain the degen of Blood Rage?

3- RIP easy walking through uber lab traps!

I still prefer to loose 50k even 100k dps against trash mobs (using melee splash) and don't have the 3 above problems.
"
HunterMoon wrote:
"
brightwaha wrote:

2. We can totally skip Endless Hunger and Brutal Fervour. It won't affect our mapping too much. Reasons will be given below.

So while I do agree that the changes are overall nerfs to the Slayer ascendancy as a whole, but for this build it's actually a significant buff.

I was always a fan of using Overwhelm but losing the effect of new Brutal Fervour "Life leech effects are not removed at full life" means alot to me:

1- Are you always on full life to benefit from "Dmg on full life support"?

2- As slayer you are always going for VP, how can you sustain the degen of Blood Rage?

3- RIP easy walking through uber lab traps!

I still prefer to loose 50k even 100k dps against trash mobs (using melee splash) and don't have the 3 above problems.

We are certainly not going to pick VP when we don’t pick Brutal Fervour and we have enough regen to compensate for the Blood Rage degen. Damage on Full Life Support will be deactivated more than it originally was, but it won’t be too bad due to the first hit stuns from Overwhelm.

I’m not sure if we are on the same page about Uber Labs. One major reason I hate VP is that not having any regen sucks when walking through traps; we don’t always have enemies to leech from. This build picks up more than 5% regen along the tree, and that’s totally enough for Uber Lab traps as long as you don’t make fatal mistakes.

If you really like the unending leech VP combo, I believe giving up the culling node and Overwhelm isn’t too bad either. We have 10% culling from the mace wheel already and it doesn’t hurt too much losing this 20% culling.
your build can be make with the new juggernault ascendary ? it look to be nice, nice defence and the stun... but can i stun everything too? without overwehlm passive
juggernault unyielding give us 10% stun duration per endurance charge so 70-80 % + 2 minor passive who can give us 20 % each stun duration so 110-120 % more stun duration also can have 35-40 area effect
with reduce damage taken, damage reduction, increase damage per endurance charge +1.5% damage from hit is regenerated ? is it good ? compared to leech?

and the accuracy look good ? but the 30% increase damage and accuracy is useless for this build no? cause we havent any chance to make a critical strike vs mob or boss ?

So it Look nice ?

Last edited by jordan02 on Feb 27, 2018, 5:33:18 PM
and why not using sunder for map clar, and heavy for boss ?

just have another weapon swap it for boss... but with sunder it is possible to stun mob like heavy do ? every time?
"
jordan02 wrote:
your build can be make with the new juggernault ascendary ? it look to be nice, nice defence and the stun... but can i stun everything too? without overwehlm passive

"
jordan02 wrote:
juggernault unyielding give us 10% stun duration per endurance charge so 70-80 % + 2 minor passive who can give us 20 % each stun duration so 110-120 % more stun duration also can have 35-40 area effect
with reduce damage taken, damage reduction, increase damage per endurance charge +1.5% damage from hit is regenerated ? is it good ? compared to leech?

and the accuracy look good ? but the 30% increase damage and accuracy is useless for this build no? cause we havent any chance to make a critical strike vs mob or boss ?

So it Look nice ?

Juggernaut does look pretty good after the changes but I am still not too positive on it’s viability for this build. This is because Juggernaut mostly offers 2 things:

1. Accuracy for crit builds. It’s possible to make crit variants of this build but I currently don’t think they are as powerful.

2. Endurance charges and physical damage mitigation. Endurance charges are very embarrassing for this build. Physical mitigation is usually useful for melee builds as they need to face tank mobs. But with this build we stun what’s near us. The only defense we need is a good life pool to not die to one shots.

So to fully utilize the endurance charge bonuses we need to spend a lot of passive points into endurance’s charges, and that doesn’t sound right to me. I would rather spend those points on life nodes so we don’t rip to elemental damage.

The central problem of this super tank ascendancy is that it doesn’t offer too much DPS. This build already have a lot of sources of increased damage so all those increased damage from Juggernaut are subject to diminishing returns. By the nature of this build, there are not many good ways to boost our DPS and I don’t think a super tanky low damage stun build makes sense.

"
jordan02 wrote:
and why not using sunder for map clar, and heavy for boss ?

just have another weapon swap it for boss... but with sunder it is possible to stun mob like heavy do ? every time?

This is exactly how the Berserker version of this build should play out. And with Sunder you can stun-lock red map bosses just fine. It’s not too reliable to stun bosses using Sunder and for dangerous fights with potential one-shots I always switch to Heavy Strike to guarantee stunning.
thanks dude your right :) tanky low damage stun looks bad lol but why only zerker and not slayer for sunder mobs too ? Cause i will play hc and i dont wants be too close from mobs with heavy.. and sunder im not too close from them... ( do you understand? lol )

is cause with leap slam we can now stun them with the passive ascendant ? and finish them with heavy strike ? is it a good clearspeed? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info