[3.11] Shaper = Stunned, Tidebreaker Heavy Strike Stunner Build

Thanks for your comprehensive build guide Brightwaha. I'm excited to try it in 3.1 as a Slayer, using Tidebreaker and impacted heavy strike. I'm not too fond of weapon swapping and like the idea of massively overkilling + slayer leech + new vaal pact. I hope the clear speed is good enough and maybe I'll finally get my first hardcore guardian and shaper kills with this!
Last edited by Nupss on Dec 7, 2017, 9:58:26 AM
"
lanashir wrote:
Also what do you think about Heavy Strike + Ancestral Call for clearing?

I don't think the new gem is better than melee splash for Heavy Strike, but maybe for Slayer we use this plus the splash from Ascendancy. It's very hard to tell if this gem works well or not, and I think we need to wait until the patch goes live(and test it ourselves).
"
Henrickee wrote:
Nice Build !!!
Great compilation. I'll start the league with this build.
Does something change in the Passive Tree slayer or berserker?
Congratulations on the build !!!

I don't plan to chance Berserker passive tree. As for the Slayer tree I am planning to take the new Vaal Pact plus the frenzy charge along the way. I have updated the PoB link, and will update the passive trees later.

There is still information about the new patch that we don't know, so there could be big changes.
Why not Cloaked in Savagery instead of Rite of Ruin on Beserker ascendancy?
"
Rick2015 wrote:
Why not Cloaked in Savagery instead of Rite of Ruin on Beserker ascendancy?

I don't think there are effective ways to abuse the on savage hit effect. The leech is totally not useful without the old Vaal Pact, so we are looking at 50% damage and 25% attack speed after a savage hit. This effect is not too great and is too difficult to trigger as we usually just stunlock enemies. Rite of Ruin is much more consistent in my opinion.
"
Nupss wrote:
Thanks for your comprehensive build guide Brightwaha. I'm excited to try it in 3.1 as a Slayer, using Tidebreaker and impacted heavy strike. I'm not too fond of weapon swapping and like the idea of massively overkilling + slayer leech + new vaal pact. I hope the clear speed is good enough and maybe I'll finally get my first hardcore guardian and shaper kills with this!

Wish you good luck in HC. I do want to point out the main reason Slayer's good with Vaal Pact is the leech not being removed at full life. Overkill leech serves the only purpose of guaranteeing longtime leech instances.
"
brightwaha wrote:
"
Lafeuile wrote:
Good day,

With 3.1 Patch Notes out... which class do you recommend...Slayer or Berserker?

Both class choices are buffed in 3.1, and I think the question comes down to:

1. If you plan to use a splashing Heavy Strike to clear, then Slayer for sure.

2. If you want to achieve the most consistent stun-lock and higher dps, then Berserker. Berserker also has faster movement and attack speed.

3. If you would enjoy easy and safe high-tier map farming, then Slayer for sure. Slayer has much better overall defense than Berserker.

Follow on question... so Berserker it is for me for continued/consistent stun-lock... my follow on question is in reference to you Lvl 1-69 Berserker Passive tree... can you briefly go over (key nodes) I should be aiming for as I lvl up... don't want to take nodes that are geared for 50-65 lvls t say lvl 30 cause I went the wrong path. Bullet list of node sequence I should be hitting. Thx
"
Lafeuile wrote:
Follow on question... so Berserker it is for me for continued/consistent stun-lock... my follow on question is in reference to you Lvl 1-69 Berserker Passive tree... can you briefly go over (key nodes) I should be aiming for as I lvl up... don't want to take nodes that are geared for 50-65 lvls t say lvl 30 cause I went the wrong path. Bullet list of node sequence I should be hitting. Thx

The way you develop your tree should depend on your play-style and gearing. To give a general picture, if you look at all the passives nodes for the lvl 69 tree, there are 5 categories: damage, life, damage exclusive to maces, jewel sockets, and Resolute Technique. You should probably pick up Resolute Technique early on, and avoid mace related wheels and jewel sockets. To decide between a damage node and a life node, you should just ask yourself which one you need more at the time you allocate each point. It's very hard to go to the wrong path with our build because all we do is getting damage and life nodes... both of them are helpful at any stage of the game.

To give a sample path, I think you start with melee damage from the early levels(refund those points later), proceed to Butchery then pick up Resolute Technique. Then you can go straight from Warrior's Blood to Master of the Arena(refund +10 points along the route later) and pick up every single node in the Slayer area(besides jewel sockets if you don't have any jewels). You can pick up Revelry to solve your mana issues(also refund later). Then you just pick up the rest of the points, they are mostly life nodes. When you find a good rare mace that you can use for the rest of the story line, then pick up those mace-related damage nodes.

You can take all the mace nodes early on, but if you fail to find good maces but a bunch of really good swords/axes you will be sad.
I think i find my starter build here! Thank you for your detailed and organized guide.

Just one question, i never played sunder or heavy strike and i don't know how they perform in early leveling and early mapping, so for leveling and early mapping we only use sunder until we can get a 5L Tidebreaker, or is it possible to do all early leveling and early mapping with Heavy Strike?
"
HunterMoon wrote:
I think i find my starter build here! Thank you for your detailed and organized guide.

Just one question, i never played sunder or heavy strike and i don't know how they perform in early leveling and early mapping, so for leveling and early mapping we only use sunder until we can get a 5L Tidebreaker, or is it possible to do all early leveling and early mapping with Heavy Strike?

Heavy Strike is only a viable choice for clearing after getting both threshold jewels and slayer splash. You should definitely use Sunder for leveling, even for boss fights. You should probably make your first Heavy Strike attack after you start mapping.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info