[2.6] SRS Blood Magic Regen Necromancer - Feedback/Ideas wanted!

I've been working on an interesting twist to Yoji's SRS summoner build after abandoning zombies and I'd say I'm about 80% there. I'd love to share what I've found and also get some feedback/ideas for some things I'm trying to figure out.

The gist of Yoji's build is to use SRS along with Anger and Hatred to have 20 cuties nibbling away at enemies with fire and cold damage for single target/cleanup while flame sentinel spectres provide aoe. Since any flat damage added to SRS is added 20 times, the recently updated Covenant armor caught my eye as it applies lvl 15 added chaos damage which would be a nice addition to the fire/cold/physical. So I got me a covenant and it turned into a new build :). So far it's a ton of fun!

Summary
Spoiler
Damage
- SRS (minion damage/melee damage/multistrike/echo/melee splash) + Added chaos
- Flame Sentinel Spectres (echo/GMP/minion damage)
- Meat shield zombies w/Violent Dead jewel
- Flesh Offering
- Victario's Charity w/necromantic aegis for charges
- Hatred & Anger for ice/cold damage auras
- Commander of Darkness
- Lightning golem for cast speed buff

Survivability
- Mind over matter supported by low lvl clarity gem
- Lots of life/mana + regen passives
- Resists from rare gear and Commander of Darkness
- Voll's vision for health and a huge boost to life regen

Overall the regen has significantly boosted my survivability since I can outheal chip damage and damage over time long enough to get myself out of trouble especially with MoM mitigation. My only concern now is being one shotted... though I'm geared above my map level at the moment (damn maps won't drop) and haven't been able to test it in truly challenging fights yet.

Essential Gear
Spoiler

The covenant adds chaos damage to SRS which is great. Blood magic for a spammy spell like SRS is a challenge.

Voll's vision is a good way to counteract the blood magic. Instead of % life regen, it offers a flat 100 per second. The value of flat 100 regen is even greater with mind over matter. With life regen passives I'm currently at 234 life regen per second so I can spam SRS without any issues. Worst case I run around for 2 sec and I'm topped off.

Victario's charity provides an insane boost to your army by giving them frenzy/power charges.

Essence worms allow you to have Anger and Hatred while leaving your mana mostly unreserved for mind over matter.

Boots = another flame sentinel destroying all the things. Bonus zombie meat shield too.

Resists and str/dex come from rares.

Passive Tree
Spoiler
Key Passives
- Necromantic Aegis: gives your army charges via Victario's
- Skill duration/Potency of Will: great for flesh offering and SRS
- All the major clusters with minion life and damage
- Max life and life regen

Rest is up for debate... here's the tree so far as of lvl 85
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAPuBAcEswceCPQNfBGWFScVUBZvGmwbJRzcHaodviL0JKoo-iqYMtEzhzbpOlhFR0WdRnFJT0lRSbFLV0uuTLNNuVNSVcZXyVqRW6BfKmjyakNqrGvbbAttGW-efA59GH_GgseDCYPbhTKFYIhAjLGPGpAzkyeVLpctmuCbiqEvogCmrKcIp1WofarErJiwd7QMuJO8qr5Pvoq_l8BUwGbA48k9ytPMvNAf0_vXz9kL2Vva3d-K4YjjaukC6rrr5Ovu7IrviO_r8B_w1fGz8h731_k3-ej6gP5J

Things I'm Trying to Figure Out
Spoiler
1. Weapon - Yoji's build uses an Aurumvorax for the resists and pretty much nothing else. I challenged myself to get resists from passives, rares and commander of darkness and I'm pretty close to capped out. There are too many strong offensive options, I couldn't give up the weapon slot just for resists. Here's what I'm working with:

Right now I'm going with Midnight Bargain because it has the biggest offensive impact with another zombie, spectre, minion speed and minion damage. But dat life reserve is 4real. Montreguls would turn my 9 zombies into 4 (I'd lose the 9th which doesn't feel great) and wouldn't help my SRS or spectres which are the bulk of my damage. Clayshaper is the defensive option. Or maybe there's a hot rare combo?

2. Jewels - I currently have 3 jewel slots with the following jewels:

Honestly, nothing stands out as amazing... Violent Dead 15% damage is strong but it also buffs zombies which are just meat shields. Unending Hunger isn't as great with 4 flame sentinels who have to share souls and are often out of range. Last one is a filler. Any recommendations on these or other jewels?

3. Mana passives - I literally don't use mana anymore. With SRS covered by blood magic and Anger/Hatred reserving no mana, I only occasionally cast flesh offering (41 mana), desecrate (19 mana) and convocation (12 mana). Currently sitting at:

Life: 3351 (2345 unreserved when using Midnight Bargain)
Life Regen: 234 per second

Energy Shield: 1821
Energy Shield Regen: 400 per second

Mana: 1980 (1778 with clarity on)
Mana Regen: 136.9 per second

I'm thinking of stripping my mana passives and finding other uses for those points since I have more than I need for effective MoM mitigation... any ideas? There's also the possibility of adding a 4th aura and keeping the mana passives. Though that aura would have an 80% increase in mana reserve due to the two essence worms =\.

4. Anything else? I've kind of been working on this build on the fly and I'm relatively new to POE so any other suggestions/feedback are welcome. So far I'm loving this direction!

This is my first post/guide and I'm still fairly new to the game, go easy on me :)
Last edited by hekate1 on Mar 16, 2017, 1:22:04 AM
Last bumped on Mar 21, 2017, 2:37:59 PM
interested to see what you do with this..
Was looking for possible SSF builds and came across this.. I have the covenant an some of the other stuff already so I may try it out once I get another piece or 2. What upsets me is that i got rid of a victarios this morning lol

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info