[2.6]ShatterChain crit claw Frostblades from A-Z. Starter to endgame. All Guardians and Shaper down.

"
shukolade wrote:
Very well written!

I went ahead and copied this one on my salvaged ranger. Holy cow awesomeness :-)
One question, why added cold damage over cold penetration? Path of Building gives me around 15k more dps with cold penetration.
Also, what do you think about using a linked warchief totem instead of the 2nd cwdt setup with frostbomb?

Penetration has an efficiency curve. Check out from Wiki Link. In short, when you already penetrate all or almost all enemy's resistance, it's better to get more added damage than penetration. I feel that they have about the same damage increase though but it's hard to test. It'd be nice to have a dps dummy.. If you don't have a 20/20 added cold then I'd 100% suggest using Cold Pen.

I am using 3 auras and have only 66 mana after reservation so I couldn't use a better linked totem. If I get more mana somehow I'd use more link for totem but for now I am happy with it being just an utility. Frost Bomb is quite big if you think about it and I feel cwdt frostbomb make life much easier than self cast. It is 20% more cold damage and reduce regen is niche against high regen mobs and especially in Hall of the Grandmasters.

Bull's PoE Build compilation: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639201
Any thoughts on chaging gloves/claws later to continue progression?
"
Pyroboom wrote:
Any thoughts on chaging gloves/claws later to continue progression?

I'm trying to craft a rare claw to substitute for 1 Touch of Anguish in big boss fights but no luck so far.

Gloves is hard to change since not many option can give a better bundle of damage, life and resist. I can also corrupt them for temp chain on hit.
Bull's PoE Build compilation: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1639201
Hey!

First of all, congratulations on the best guide I've seen in a while. Very well written, very well formatted.

I'm currently leveling a char to play your build. I know doing progression trees is a massive pain in the ass, but could you at least let me know where we should be at say level 70 in regards to the tree? That way it would be much easier to follow. Thank you!

EDIT: Also, with Southbound, I had a look on the wiki and any damage applied by hits cannot kill, so I don't understand how the Chaos damage on the jewel helps. Since that chaos damage is added to attacks (Hits). It does say DOT (Poison) can kill non frozen enemies, and you have Master Herbalist, so are you sure it isn't that that's killing non frozen enemies?
Last edited by m0onknight on Mar 24, 2017, 4:01:39 PM
"
m0onknight wrote:
Hey!

First of all, congratulations on the best guide I've seen in a while. Very well written, very well formatted.

I'm currently leveling a char to play your build. I know doing progression trees is a massive pain in the ass, but could you at least let me know where we should be at say level 70 in regards to the tree? That way it would be much easier to follow. Thank you!

EDIT: Also, with Southbound, I had a look on the wiki and any damage applied by hits cannot kill, so I don't understand how the Chaos damage on the jewel helps. Since that chaos damage is added to attacks (Hits). It does say DOT (Poison) can kill non frozen enemies, and you have Master Herbalist, so are you sure it isn't that that's killing non frozen enemies?

At lvl 70 the tree should look something like this

From this point onward you can get to scion life wheel first (at least take Constitution) before heading to marauder's section. Some note: No vaal pact and no point blank. Life gain on hit and leech from claw is enough to survive reflect. Other stuffs are frozen and shatter anyway. When you get more damage, take vaal pact.

About Southbound, I do very little poison damage to kill off enemies that are not frozen. It is achieved by using a corrupted jewel and having Master Herbalist. I do understand your concern and I will upload something to show. I can tell you that no freeze maps are definitely possible to do thanks to the light poison.

Edit: you can check video footage for an example of map that is more difficult to freeze to show that I can still kill with Southbound.
Last edited by F4F_Lucifer on Mar 27, 2017, 9:05:33 AM
"
F4F_Lucifer wrote:
Point Blank works with the projectile part of the skill. The distance is counted from the target where the chained projectile originated from.

You are wrong, sir. From the wiki: "A projectile which pierces, chains or forks is still considered the same projectile, and its total travel distance is used."
Hi, im really liking the build, but i notice u dont have any acurracy from gears.. i have 85% chance to hit.. and sometimes i feel like im not hiting shit.. what do i do to improve that?
"
lussiano wrote:
"
F4F_Lucifer wrote:
Point Blank works with the projectile part of the skill. The distance is counted from the target where the chained projectile originated from.

You are wrong, sir. From the wiki: "A projectile which pierces, chains or forks is still considered the same projectile, and its total travel distance is used."

Good catch. I am gonna fix it in the main thread.
"
Coamenel wrote:
Hi, im really liking the build, but i notice u dont have any acurracy from gears.. i have 85% chance to hit.. and sometimes i feel like im not hiting shit.. what do i do to improve that?

It's up to your liking really. Accuracy on the character sheet is kinda deceiving since it's calculated based on the highest lvl enemy so if you are for example lvl 85 the accuracy is calculated against shaper or uber atziri. For normal mapping, you most probably have more accuracy than 85%.

I have 86% chance to hit and I feel fine since I hit very fast anyway. Sometime there would be Shroud Walker jump on me and that really make the hit chance abysmal but I can just whirl out of the cloud and kill it.

If you really want to improve hit chance, use ice golem or get accuracy on gear. There is also poacher's mark that reduce a lot of enemy evasion thus make your hit more reliable. Curse on hit, blasphemy whatever you like and that alone will solve all of your accuracy problem.
Nice build, i had the same idea about frostblades and chain since my standard character wasnt doing that much damage. I didnt know anything about the deadhand talisman though seems great.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info