VIDEOS
T16 Forge of The Phoenix safe roll
Breachlord boss fight Uul-Netol

-----

Pros :
- Fun, cheap, can facetank a lot of content
- Heavy dps aoe with decent cleanspeed
- Ignore elemental resist on crit
- Can do Atziri, Guardians, and probably uber and Shaper considerind hitpoints, dps and crit deep
- Amazing Gang's Momentum Unique 3D themed, to transfer to your boots with micro ^^

Cons :
- Delay between spell cast and hit, 0.5s, short window of time without leech
- Elemental Reflect can be dangerous for Inquisitor selfcast, see below for mitigation strategy
- You dont like Hexproof and elemental reflect, or -max rez on reflect monster

DPS 6 LINK with 21/20 Gem

+ 5 Power Charge and Ascendency

+ Atziri Flask

With concentrated effect & updated gear

___

--------------
Passive

Bandits : Life, Cast-Speed, Power Charge

Mandatory Jewels !

x2

Passive Tree Lv 91

___

Explanation with Crit = 80-85%+ crit chance

Inquisitor Ascendency
-> Criticals ignore elemental resistance
-> +100% Crit chance on ennemy that are not affected by elemental status
-> +45% Crit multiplier against ennemy affected by elemental status
Then use Elemental Focus if you want more crit chance or controlled destruction if you want more critical multiplier, or combine both gems for 2x more spell dmg and no crit penalty, or use concentrated effect on bosses for more spell dmg and no crit/ignite penalty.

Use Assassins mark curse for the ~+10% crit chance and the ~+20% crit multi

My actual crit chance is 67.5% with 5 power charge +7% from ascendency +10% from curse, thats close from 85% crit chance, the build can go up to 85-90%+ crit chance maybe.

Power charges are generated with assassins mark on packs, and with Orb of storms linked to Power charge on crit vs bosses.

My Tri-Curse setup

With double curse on hit ball of lightning :
1 -> Assassins mark for the additionnal crit chance and crit multi
2 -> Warlord's Mark for life leech, mana Leech and endurance charge

With Blasphemy for permanent defensive aura :
3-> Enfeeble

Curses are very effective considering that you get +10% curse effect with passive and +10% curse effect from quality blasphemy gem or curse on hit.

One optimal setup would be to wear amulet with +1 curse, to allow to free one slot ring with HP or to free 5 passive points.

How to deal with reflect

Inquisitor got a lot of damage with criticals that ignore elemental resistance, but no point to mitigate elemental reflect, so thats why you want to apply Warlord's Mark to leech with Vaal pact. Even with some leech you can die if you go full dps setup and that the monster got too much life, then you have to use fire flask. Sybil's Lament ring can be usefull in Breach when you cant anticipate the spawn of reflect monster, or if you want safer leveling or AFK brain gameplay.

About Vaal Pact and Mind over matter

5500+ life and 1850+ unreserved mana (You only use blasphemy enfeeble aura) for a virtual 7500+ Hitpoints
7500+ hitpoints mitigated with enfeeble aura for ~35% gives you a virtual tanking capacity close to 10000 hitpoints for one burst hit.

Thats enough hitpoints to facetank with leech from warlord mark and Vaal Pact.

Others defensive aspects come from endurance charges with physical reduction and longer immortal call, and a molten shell on cast when damage taken for the bonus armor and the damage mitigation.

Current gear

Suggestions welcome !

[WORK IN PROGRESS]
More to test : Shaper, Uber

Last edited by Trifaldin on Apr 2, 2017, 8:39:08 AM
Last bumped on Feb 23, 2018, 3:14:17 AM
cool man i like this one
Up with a video

Safe roll mod, but good enough to showcase the build.
Been wanting to try magma orb. I may play this on my next character. Thanks for the post.
Thanks for the feedback !

Its still a very cheap build and very effective, a stronger version could be made with a low life Shavronne for +30% more damage to spell (passive Pain Attunement) but +20 exa budget, so i like my lifebase version, 200k dps with resist deep is enough for quite all content.

I will probably update with some more videos further on.
"
Trifaldin wrote:

Its still a very cheap build and very effective, a stronger version could be made with a low life Shavronne for +30% more damage to spell (passive Pain Attunement) but +20 exa budget, so i like my lifebase version, 200k dps with resist deep is enough for quite all content.

I would def check out more in depth videos. Both beginner gear and geared out if you take it that far. I got the magma orb mtx and I need an excuse to play it xP
"
Trifaldin wrote:

Could you provide a LL tree for now ? Having a Shavs and would go for this build.

Edit: Just skip life nodes for ES nodes i guess :)

http://poeurl.com/bdur Something like this.
Last edited by engelswut on Mar 25, 2017, 6:39:12 AM
Last edited by bombinside on Mar 27, 2017, 2:57:30 PM
"
bombinside wrote:

Consuming Dark would probably require reworking the build a bunch. You miss out on crit chance/multi on your weapons which would hurt. However, added chaos+void manip + multiple hits per cast (due to bounces) might be able to stack poison pretty well? I'd imagine it would be stronger on an Occultist for the -chaos res and the curse shenannigans.

To OP, I'm assuming for the lab enchant, you would want the "# of chains" enchant for more bounces for better overall clear. Is that correct?

Also, what are your thoughts on going 5b1g, taking out controlled destruction for slower proj (single target), with pierce or faster projectiles to swap to for generic clearing.

You would only lose ~20k dps for generic clearing with Pierce (more multi), and ~10k dps with slower projectiles, but (I imagine) you should be hitting bosses more often with each cast due to both the AoE per bounce, and smaller distance between bounces.

"
Then use Elemental Focus if you want more crit chance or controlled destruction if you want more critical multiplier, or combine both gems for 2x more spell dmg and no crit penalty, or use concentrated effect on bosses for more spell dmg and no crit/ignite penalty.

As for this, I'd imagine that you would almost always have the crit multiplier for bosses due to Ball Lightning/Orb of Storms causing ignites, due to various added fire dmg to spells sources.

@engelswut : Low Life build will anyway be much more powerfull, can build more hitpoints overall, and why not keeping the mind over matter option for more tankyness. I will not test the low life version this league, lazy sitting on my life gear ^^

@bombinside : Consuming Dark is a good dagger, but you will play a non-crit build with, so you wont go Inquisitor. I dont know, maybe a Berseker one could be very op with more dmg on top of the life/mana leech inside.

@ctZerO : For the enchant on helmet, i rather choosed the +40% increased damage, because some more chains just give more range for the spell, but has no big use vs boss, and i dont feel to need more range/aoe for maps, even with a conc-effect, aoe is brutal with off screen range. Projectiles always pierce, and they "chain" with the ground, strange yeah, but they dont chain on monsters ^^ And we dont want too much range than offscreen, we dont want to hit mysterious elemental reflect 2 screens away without cursing it with warlord mark or using our fire flask : faster proj and more chain is good for Elementalist that is protected vs reflect. Inquisitor got much more deep damage on boss for a bit slower map clean.

The slower projectile can be considered, that gives maybe more chance for the same projectile to hit twice the hitbox of a monster ; i choosed 6x Blue sockets for more variablity, and concentrated effect gives more damage than slower proj - but maybe slower projectile allows to hit twice the same monster with the same projectile and that thing would be op ... means double damage overall ... Good idea to test !

We got way too much dps for random monsters in maps with that build, so we can work on single boss focus :)

WIll update post soon, was playing for challenges the past two weeks, gona try now to record some fights this week-end.
Last edited by Trifaldin on Mar 31, 2017, 7:12:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info