Bandwidth requirements?

Hi, I'm Baccaruse, and I'm probably just as excited about this game as everyone else on this forum.

I have a question for the developers :
How fast (in terms of bandwidth) does my internet connection need to be in order to provide an enjoyable gaming experience?

I live in a rather rural part of Germany, and while I'm not on dial-up, my connection can't really be called "broadband" (which doesn't stop my ISP from doing so) ... it's rather slow by today's standards.

So, any word on the minimum bandwidth requirement?
Last bumped on Feb 10, 2014, 8:04:01 PM
Like the rest of our hardware requirements, they're not finalised yet (we'll know when we're in beta).

The game currently doesn't use huge amounts of bandwidth. It may not be playable on dial-up, but at a guess I'd say it's probably going to be fine on 128kbit.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Thanks for your reply, Chris!

Looks like I'm good to go for now.
Thats good cuz my internets not good. thx for info.
SuuuuPER Necroooo!, honestly, how do you manage to find a thread 3 years old and resurrect it? cant you just read the information without bumping this and getting people excited that GGG made another post today?
[/IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/emojis/562190846305239040.png?v=1[/IMG]
oh sorry :( i used forum search. i didn't look at date of post. i should be more looking next time.
Thank you for your fresh post Chris This game is going to be amazing after beta :D
Well It is already very good . Very necro Much jokes on you many kbit wow desync wow

I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
But since we're already speaking ... how much you wish to see on your F1 "latency" value to feel safe?
IGN STD Ajax_Deadeye| Nathaniel_Corwin| Itane_Shira| Tetra_Mayani| Arkanis_Gath
[Build] TK's CoC Crit Shadow aka THE WELDER /view-thread/787487
[Shop] TK's Adventurers Pawnshop /view-thread/570071
"
Thorien_Kell wrote:
But since we're already speaking ... how much you wish to see on your F1 "latency" value to feel safe?

less than 100ms is usually fine.
Tech guy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info