[2.6] Nova EK Pathfinder Non-Crit Frenzy Poison [Budet, Huge DPS, Amazing Clear Speed, Uber Lab]

Hi everyone, after hours of theorycrafting and big help from Path of Building, I've finally created my first working build from a scratch, got it to 90, seen it working and decided to share it with you, maybe someone will try it and have real fun like I did, and learn some piano skills spamming those 1-5 keyboard buttons :)

There are still some things I need to test to see which ones are better.

=============================
UPDATE SECTION: (New and to be added stuff)
Added T13 Gorge run
Updated all sections
-----------------------------------------------------
Will expand sections
Will record Uber Izaro and other end game content soon.

Videos

Don't mind my mistakes, this can easly be done a lot faster, I'm just enjoying a bit slower pace.

Twinned T13 Gorge with 40% Monster Health
T2 Ivory Temple with 40% Phys Damage Reduction and 25% Chaos Res (only 4 essence monster and boss)

------------------------------
Older videos below will be replaced soon.
------------------------------
T6 Strand
Shaped T7 Beach
T9 Coves - Breach

Pros/Cons (Just my opinion from my experience playing it)

Pros:
- Very Fast Clear
- Huge DPS
- Over 6k Life @90, 7k @ 100 possible more
- Very tanky (Temp Chains / Enfeeble, Arctic Armour, 74 Dodge/64 Spell Dodge with Vaal Grace up)
- Amazing for breaches
- Very cheap to start with
- Uber Lab viable (today finished my first uber lab doing full hard mode with all gargoyles and golems up)
- Cleared T14 Shrine pretty easly (no higher maps tried so far, will update in future)
- Easy to overcap resists, get chaos resist

Cons:
- 212 int requirement for weapons, mostly from gear
- Phys reflect
- No Leech maps
- Life leech could be useful sometimes (fixable through lab enchant / warlords)
- Mana management can be annoying early game
- Uber Lab trials can be annoying because we can't leech from traps, tough doable

DPS and Defense tooltips

- DPS (not counting Poison which is vast majority of dps with Temporal Chains and Vulnerability + up to 70% increased DoT from Witchfire Brew Flask and Wither Totem)

- Defense (not counting Arctic Armour and Temporal Chains or Enfeeble for hard hitters (possibly both with some lucky +1 curse neck corruption)) ** Forgot to use Witchfire which gives Blind + 100% increased evasion.

Required items

- Ring of Blades treshold Jewel for EK

Items below aren't necessary but too good to pass (they're not that expensive too)

- Winds of Change to drop Faster Projectiles while still having whole screen range

- Windscream boots only if you have Witchfire flask for 2nd curse

Life Recovery without leech

Thanks to Zerphi's Last Breath flask we can recover huge amount of life instantly without leech each time we spend mana. This synergize perfectly with Apep's Rage wands giving us 80% more mana cost of skills => more health recovered per cast.

Level 20 EK with proposed links cost 117 mana per cast so each time you cast EK during Zerphi effect you're recovering around 1200 HP (with spell echo only first cast is taken into the account).

Try to avoid using Zerphi on full mana since its effect vanishes instantly, always use EK once or twice before popping it.

*** I will test it with Warlord's Mark soon to test how it would work with leech.

Leveling, Talent Tree, Bandits, Ascendancy

You don't need to follow this to the letter, pick whatever you feel you actually need at the moment. This is the way I leveled myself.

Bandits

- Normal: Oak for Life

- Cruel: Kill all for passive (you can pick Oak for Physical Damage or Alira for Cast Speed too)

- Merciless: Kraityn for Frenzy Charge

Ascendancy Class Points

- Normal Lab: Master Herbalist

- Cruel Lab: Nature's Boon

- Merciless Lab: Master Alchemist

- Uber Lab: Veteran Bowyer or Nature's Adrenaline (both are fine)

Personally I took Veteran Bowyer as my 4th point to get some slight damage increase and synergize Master Alchemist 20% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite while using a Flask with Veteran Bowyer 100% increased Flask Charges gained from killing Chilled/Frozen, Ignited or Shocked enemies.

Otherwise you can go for Nature's Adrenaline for 8% flask duration and 15% Movement Speed during flask effect.

32 POINTS

>> TALENT TREE <<

Nodes: Finesse => Heart of Oak => Primal Spirit => Herbalism => Blood Drinker => Piercing Shots

Pick Jewel socket as soon as you can afford Ring of Blades treshold jewel for EK

Pick Druidic Rite whenever you have mana problems, otherwise pick last

50 POINTS

>> TALENT TREE <<

Nodes: Nullification => Fangs of the Viper => Entropy => Coordination => Blood Siphon => Art of the Gladiator => Bravery

Go through Entropy if you're going to do Normal Lab early otherwise you can go through Will of Blades and respec later.

79 POINTS

>> TALENT TREE <<

Nodes: Acrobatics => Phase Acrobatics => Fury Bolts => Golem's Blood => Master of the Arena => Warrior's Blood => Heart of the Warrior => Constitution => Jewel

You can pick Acrobatics / Phase Acrobatics whenever, tough I recommend picking it early it really helps during leveling.

Pick Jewel whenever you get anything worthy to put inside, you can skip it for later too.

92 POINTS

>> TALENT TREE <<

Nodes: Ballistic Mastery => Sniper => Fatal Toxins => All 5% Life nodes near Scion

Start with Life if you feel your damage is enough.

104 POINTS

>> TALENT TREE <<

Nodes: Fervour => Frenetic => Savagery => Jewel Socket above Blood Drinker => 3x 5% Life nodes remaining near Heart of thr Warrior, Golem's Blood and Blood Siphon

Pick your Frenzy charges and remaining Life nodes.

Pick your Jewel above Blood Drinker any time you need more Intelligence to wear dual Apep's (212 INT required) and to have easier time with int on gear.

111 POINTS (LEVEL 90 - My Current Tree)

>> TALENT TREE <<

Nodes: All Physical and Chaos Damage nodes from Shadow startin area => Duelist Jewel socket => Jewel socket between Duelist and Ranger

After taking all Shadow Phys and Chaos Damage nodes as soon as I hit level I removed 1 5% Life node to pick up Jewel slot since I had ones with 7% Life and 12% Projectile Damage, did the same with second Jewel.

121 POINTS (LEVEL 100)

>> TALENT TREE <<

Nodes: Both 5% Life nodes I removed earlier to pick Jewel Sockets => Life and Armour nodes in Marauder starting area => 16% Projectile Damage node in Ranger starting area => Jewel socket above Acrobatics

Gems and Links

6-Link - Body Armour - 4x Green 2x Blue

6L: (1) Ethereal Knives => (2) Spell Echo => (3) Pierce => (4) Controlled Destruction => (5) Void Manipulation => (6) Mana Leech

5L: Drop (5) Void Manipulation
4L: Drop (5) Void Manipulation and (4) Controlled Destruction

*** If you don't have Winds of Change gloves you can run Faster Projectiles

4-Link - Helmet - 2x Green 2x Blue

4L: (1) Temporal Chains => (2) Blasphemy => (3) Arctic Armour => (4) Enfeeble

Switch Temporal Chains to Enfeeble for hard hitting bosses (for example Uber Izaro)

4-Link - Gloves - 3x Red 1x Green

4L: (1) Cast when Damage Taken => (2) Immortal Call => (3) Increased Duration => (4) Vaal Grace

You can take Vaal Haste instead of Vaal Grace for faster mapping.

*** Don't know if CWDT and Immortal Call is worth it in certain situations (Need to test it more)

4-Link - Boots - 2x Blue 2x Red

4L: (1) Wither => (2) Spell Totem => (3) Faster Casting => (4) Increased Duration

Use for bosses and very tough rares (like multi Essence mobs)

3-Link - Weapon 1 - 2x Blue 1x Red

4L: (1) Vaal Lightning Trap => (2) Enduring Cry => (3) Lightning Warp

3-Link - Weapon 2 - 2x Blue 1x Green

4L: (1) Righteous Fire => (2) Blood Rage => (3) Summon Lightning Golem

*** Im testing RF at the moment, we can outheal RF damage with Zerphi flask pretty easly and it's almost doubling our damage output. Can be dangerous for some hard hitting mobs.

Noticable uniques / luxury items / Flasks / Lab enchants / Jewels

Not required at all but it's amazing for this build.

- Belly of the Beast
- Sin's Rebirth

Lab Enchants

Helmet enchant:
- 40% increased Ethereal Knives Damage

Gloves enchant:
- Cast Commandment of Blades on Hit

Boots enchant (need to test which one will be best overall):
- 16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently
- Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently
- 0.6% of Damage Leeched as Life and Mana if you've Killed Recently

Item Corruptions

+1 curse corruption on neck would allow us to run 3rd curse (Enfeeble or even Warlord's Mark)
+1 frenzy corruption on boots would be amazing

Cannot be cursed with Silence on jewel corruption is amazing too

Jewels

Those two are most important:

7% increased Maximum Life
12% increased Projectile Damage

Other usefull mods:
- Spell Damage, Physical Damage, Cast Speed, Chaos Damage, Damage over Time, All Resists

Current Gear

Last edited by Eli86x on Mar 15, 2017, 10:39:16 AM
Last bumped on Apr 5, 2017, 7:41:08 AM
Reserved just in case I will need it :) Lots more coming tomorrow and next days.
Edit:

What I've done so far:
So I'm liking this build a lot so far. I've leveled to 90 pretty damn easily. The deeps are pretty real, though we do lose out on that nice tooltip compared to traditional phys/crit EK builds. But, damn does it feel good in game.

Have you tried working with getting the leech enchant on your boots? I managed to get the Merc Lab .05 leech. I'm going to bounce between running these two setups to see what ends up being better.
1. Vulnerability+Warlords+faster/slower proj instead of mana leech.
This setup has allowed me to drop mana leech since I have warlords and leech from boots. Map clearing it great, bosses I'll occasionally run out of mana, but not often.

2. Vulnerability+Temp chains + mana leech instead of slower/faster proj.
This setup will bring back in guaranteed mana, but lose a dmg support gem for temp chains.

The other thing I may try doing is just dropping the Windscreams for Brinerot Whalers and going more phys focused. Just run hatred/vulnerability on either blasph or herald of ice. Will be something I test after 90.

You should update your jewel section. This is my first build that I've been unable to find a decent 4 stat jewel for a good price. I've had more success with finding jewels with phys dmg, proj dmg + resist or int. Getting resists or int or both on jewels has helped open up my gear. With int/res on jewels I'm able to get cast speed, spell dmg and life on amy/rings more easily.

Something else that worked well for me was sniping a 40% ek dmg helm enchant off poe.trade. I was able to get mine for like 30c. I just used an essence of scorn to get some stun immunity. The top essence will give 31-34% chance to avoid being stunned. Plus heart of oak cluster gives another 36%. That gets you close to being stun immune in the event of a mob getting close enough to hit you. :P
On my command, unleash hell.
Last edited by IamLordeShadow on Mar 22, 2017, 12:22:02 PM
Welp, so I ripped this character today (first in HC). Only got to level 47 with it. Think it was probably my lack of understanding on how to gear properly around eva. Something oneshot me offscreen, no idea how I died -_-

Had a lot of fun with the build though, will probably make a totem chara next for safety (boring as hell), get some currency going and then reroll this.

Many thanks for the guide!
POE Links is down. nm
Last edited by Boombaklat on Apr 5, 2017, 7:47:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info