[2.6] Overpowered dagger crit reave build

Hey guys have you ever wondered where all the reave builds went since bladeflurry came out ? Well so did I . I've been playing it with a random homemade build for a few seasons now but this season I decided to actually put some effort into making it as strong as possible . I've taken my inspiration from ZiggyD's old southpaw reave build and seen people asking for an updated version so I updated it but with daggers and added my little touch , so props goes to Ziggy .

I've never made a build post so forgive me if it's incomplete feel free to give me some advice to make it better

This build is extremely powerful and fast-paced and even thought right now I only have 4.3k hp and using abyssus , it's survivability is quite good . I've been running T8-10 maps without dying for 2 nights now , I rarely go under 50% hp . I can already hear people saying but it's just T10 ! Well trust me it would destroy T11+ just as easily . Right now with charges up tooltip goes up well over 100k and if I use atziri I am at 150k but with a few more levels and min-maxing it will easily go over 200k dps .

Here is the tree that I am using :

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAAAGAF4DhwSxBS0FtQguDHMNjQ5IES8RlhHVEvEV9ha_FyYZjhutI_Yk_SaVKgss4S1NLlMvcjBxMHw2PTfUOkI-z0HQQzFHBkd-Sn1LeEz_TZJOKlFHVUtW9VeXW69d8mBBYeJieWKsY3BlTWuQbAhsjHBScFZ07XX9eoR7FH3jhG-E2Yd2idOMNo19jb-OipVml9CaE5uNnaqjiqR4rGaxs7TFtUi5Pr02vea-p8HVwuzDM9Ct02_TftQj1ELYdtrB227b1Nvn3aje-OdU62PtP-2D7g7xivzF_94=

Currently it's made for level 91 , but the next steps would either be extra power charge/sleight of hand/more hp . I tried getting as much damage/crit/survivability as possible , balancing them all to a point where I don't think something better could be done . There is a few places where you could remove some hp/evasion/resistances to get even more damage/crit but overall this build really has everything you need to faceroll maps like never before .

As for the ascendancy well I don't think I need to explain that one , the raider choice and skill points to pick are kind of obvious .

For my items well it's not a really complicated setup but it isn't that cheap either right now I have about 3-4 ex into my gear but it is easy to start a league with this build because it is still strong without the proper gear but once you put money into it this is where it really shines .

Here's my current setup :

As you can see most items are regular evasion rare with life and resists , as well as 1 hp/res ring and 1 diamond ring that is more of a damage ring ( I have + attributes to be able to wear my current weapon I have 150 intel with it and it requires 149 ) . Resistances all over 100 are good to have but you might have noticed that I don't have chaos resist except from atziri well chaos damage is rare and once you know what deals it and how to handle it , it isn't a problem . The death's hand is a must for off-hand weapon in this build for many reasons but mostly for damage and it combines well with atziri for decent life leech

Now as for the gem setup , reave's link has to be on our body armor and the 5l without a doubt has to be reave > multi > melee phys > faster atk > inc aoe .

The second setup is a 4l which is the whirling blade setup in my gloves , pretty straight forward whirling blade > faster atk > blood magic > fortify

Third setup is a 3l in my boots , herald of ice > curse on hit > assassin's mark and a solo hatred to complete . This is also straight forward as it gives a constant power charge supply along with death's hands 30% chance on stun

Fourth setup in my rare dagger is the vaal reave one , doesn't need much explaining , vaal reave is very useful to boost our range obviously , even thought with the 2.6 changes it has less of an impact since the base 4 stack range on itself is alot better now .

The cwdt setup in my helm is where I had a problem . I didn't want to run the warlord's mark one and manually cast immortal call like Ziggy does , I wanted something easier to play with so I decided to go with molten shell and immortal call . Yes I am using IC without endurance charges . Before you laugh here's why : Literally one of the only 2 things that was killing me this season was phys reflect , and sometimes I wouldn't even see it attacking from far away and 2-3 shotting the rare and myself in the process . But surprisingly the 0.4 second the IC gives procs after the first reflected hit damages me and since the hits are so fast it will block the rest of my multi-strikes from reave and allow me to kill the rare before the reflect kills me . And if it happens to survive well molten shell is there to tank an extra 310 physical damage . I am of course using basalt still if I do see the physical reflect and I facetank it just fine since i've changed to this . The enfeeble is kind of meh I didn't know what else to put in there , it does help a little bit against map bosses if they do land a hit because it reduces their accuracy which basicly boosts my evasion and reduces their damage as well .

The last setup is a Vaal grace setup coupled with increased duration and a solo ice golem . The only other thing that killed me this season were certain bosses that had the potential to one shot me , so the 10 seconds vaal grace combined with acrobatic's dodges and evasion gives me 10 second of pretty much invulnerability to melt them before they can even touch me

I hope you guys like this build as much as I do ! Let me know what you think

Last edited by TheChouits on Mar 11, 2017, 12:45:50 PM
Last bumped on Apr 6, 2017, 5:56:37 PM
Plain text, make it a little more structured.
Give a link in the end to your acc and character for other ppl to see updated version.
In general not bad, my friend is using this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info