[2.6][VIDEO] Currency Farmer - Insanity EK Totems

How does this build survive against chaos damage?
"
zeromuzuki wrote:
How does this build survive against chaos damage?

It doesn't. :P
Hi

Tested this build for the two week to see if i wanted to play it 3.0

First i wanted to say pretty solid no real complaints here , I like builds made to do something specific and this one does what its designed for very well.

My notes

I decided to use a shield over a second dagger mostly for the ability to block a lot of damage and just make the character a little more tanky, you can get ok spell\life shields dirt cheap because life is a dead stat on es shields and it fine for this build.

It is slightly unfortunate that you can not get spell damage or crit on any armour based shield but I started out with a pretty shitty one , 20 spell damage and some crit , but ended up with a really nice one that came up for next to nothing . (ignore gems was just storing them in there)

I got pretty lucky with the helm , I only needed one essence and i was pretty happy with that.

I feel once you get the helm and have 2 totems from using the skill in the helm its worth dropping ancestral bond , this allows you to have 2 totems and also do damage yourself.

--

Late game though the damage even with self casting and the totems started to be a little bit less than needed , fine for farming strand and stuff but a bit less than you need to do beyond etc so i had to make the decision to at a point drop totems and convert to a self cast ek build .

I continued with just a rare helm and 6l ek with the spell shield to about 95 or so, then in the two week saw i was 3rd just from playing a lot , so I decided to make the character a bit more tanky because the dps was more than enough so ended up running the surrender for fun with a rumi to add a bit of spell block, this was great in breeches and beyond. Looking back, i prob should have got a pair of the spell block boots and run them but I didn't think of them at the time and when I did I was too high level and didn't have time to go get the leech enchant.

I had incorrectly though when i switched from totems to self cast i could change ascendency to either slayer for the cull or gladiator for the spell block but apparently even ascendent can not change ascendency tree during the 2 week (i had assumed scion was considered 1 ascendency so i would be free to switch between trees).

--

Anyway solid build for the start of the league , getting the essence and the helmet is the only slight issue because it can take a while for one to come up pretty cheap (i believe day 3, but you can run it in a 5l with 2 totems until a point you get the helm) ; I can def recommend playing it even if ek gets nerfed in damage this totem variant will likely stay viable for a league starter.

My final gear (currently looks like i will end up number 2 or 3 scion in the race)

Spoiler

Can reccomend build , at this point ive played enough ek in the two week to satisfy me for a year so i dont think ill play it again any time soon , but if i had not played it so much and if ek does not get nerfed into the ground this would be the league starter i play 3.0
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
Last edited by colwyn on Jul 28, 2017, 9:25:42 AM
Is this build still viable as of now?
I mean just in terms for farming easy, not really for endgame.
Maybe it can do lab as well?
Last edited by UcigaToaca on Feb 12, 2018, 5:49:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info