Necromancer "Beef Cake" Build (Baron + 1000 Strength)

As soon a I saw the Baron I knew I wanted to make the Beefiest Beef cake that ever was a witch. Here is my progress now that I have hit 1000 Strength.

Here is my current gear:
Spoiler

Current Skill tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAASzBkkLYQ18EJcTbBQgFScVUBZvGyUc3B0UHaofxyL0Jy8nqSj6KpgtizLROtg8LUQERUdGcUuuTblQR1fJWpFfP2ZUZ5to8mqsa9tsC20ZfLt9GH_GgpuCx4VghXuIQIyxjxqPRpAzkFWTJ5uKm6GhL6IApqynCKh9qsSuPq9ssHe0DLiTvk--ir-XwGbFisauyT3K08y80_vZC9lb34rhiONq5FHpAuq66-7sOOyK7w7wH_Ie98H31_no-oD60v5J?accountName=LittleKnownGiant&characterName=NercoFriends

SO far I'm loving this build and I want other to try it but I thought I would come here and ask for some advice about what direction to go next.

This is my current strategy

Hybrid build, lots of health and shield
-take advantage of super high es regeneration from zealots oath
-health will be regenerated by your zombies at a insane rate

Lots of zombies
-11 current Zombies, built for damage to maximize leach effect
-may add another with more strength or master craft on a body armor

Baron
-More Zombies, super high leach

Victario's Charity
- paired with Nercomantic Aegis this give you and your minions free frenzy and power charges

Doon Cuebiyari
- Used for its nice strength boost, but I socket Spectres in it. Which thanks to the Baron each have 1000+ strength. 1000 strength + lvl 30 iron will = like 250% increased spell damage

Alberon's Warpath
- Used for its 15%-18% increased strength

Meginord's Vise
- Huge bonus to strength plus an extra 2% regeneration

What now

I would love feedback from the community on this build for one but my current goals are to stack a lot more health, and maybe Armour. The minions already seem immortal and have super heavy damage.

In the future I would like to swap out the gloves for a Shapers touch for the huge es gain. I also think it would be fun to try to use the Scourge unique with this build.
Last bumped on Apr 22, 2017, 11:02:42 AM
Doing more or less the exact same build. All I can say is it's ridiculously strong of the investment. My gear cost me less than 100 Chaos and I deleted Atziri and Xoph with it so far. I use Spectral Scoundrels in my Doon with Elemental Focus. (Scoundres have 50% phys>light conversion which applies AFTER they already gain the extra damage from Hatred.)

No idea how far this build can go, but probably up to Guardians at least. Stopped leveling my 6 Zombie gems in my swap for now to level Disciplines to try and make some currency instead. (Although I made about 7-8 Ex today so not sure that's necessary...)

I figured there'd be other people doing the same build so I didn't bother making a build thread.

Anyway if anyone wants to know something I'll try to keep an eye on the thread.

Oh and let me just add that SRS does MAJOR damage when socketed in your Baron. REALLY synergizes well with the Zombies for clear speed as well as single-target.
Last edited by DB42 on Mar 9, 2017, 4:20:34 AM
I am still using SRS in the helmet as main damage source, zombies as tanks /w fortify. How much does the SRS gain from teh Baron ... any ideea?
What spectre can you use that utilises spell damage and phys -> fire conversion?
"
allana wrote:
What spectre can you use that utilises spell damage and phys -> fire conversion?
Evangelists?
"
Jonmcdonald wrote:
"
allana wrote:
Evangelists?

but with gmp?
"
allana wrote:
"
Jonmcdonald wrote:
"
allana wrote:
Evangelists?

but with gmp?

Only think I can think of that would actually be worth 2 shits as a spectre are the horrors from dried lake, but the fire conversion would take away from their bleed scaling so not sure if there's really any ranged spectre worth using that for.
Honestly this build looks hella squishy. The overreliance on uniques that have no life roll (except for Charity) means that, despite your life gains from str, you're going to have really good rolls on your jewelry/belt to get even 4k life, and then you need res (again, charity helping out here) and str. The geofri's sanctuary/shaper's touch would be a more defensive combo and give you like 8k ehp. I dunno, I'm going to follow a general tree path for this and see where it gets me.
What do you think of getting two of these jewels?

I think you'd need the witch jewel node, and the one northwest of scion.
"
Tonkafluff wrote:
What do you think of getting two of these jewels?

I think you'd need the witch jewel node, and the one northwest of scion.

Here's a helpful picture to show where you can place your threshold jewels:

http://i.imgur.com/8JWfL3b.png

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info