Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Zombies! An Umbilicus Baron Zombie build

The Baron Umbilicus Speedzombie Build: Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Zombies!

General Build Overview:
Spoiler
After the release of The Baron, or more specifically the discovery of it I decided I was no longer using Summon Raging Spirits and I was going fully into Raise Zombie. Disclaimer: the AI of zombies is absolutely garbage, at least as offensive summons. The good thing is applying potions to them fixes that (mostly). That's why I made it my goal to get 1000 strength and use umbilicus immortalis.

The Build gets 6 zombies through every passive (5), the base amount (3), the Baron (3), and an undying talisman (1).

With the flasks going you have zombies with 50% extra damage as chaos, that shock enemies around them, gain 130ish% movespeed and heal for 6.5% of their health a second. You also leech 2% of their damage so you become fairly tanky as well.

For spectres I use the bubble spectres as they grant me some tankiness as well and as golem I use chaos golem but you can use stone golem it might actually be better to be honest.

Skill Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAQSzCPQNzQ3iDlwRDxEtFCAVJxVQFm8YVho4GmwczhzcIvQkqicvKpgrUCycMZ4y0TbpOQs6WDrYOuE7DTwtPQ9Bh0QERUdFfkWdR4VIjkyzTblQR1NSVcZakV8qXz9mVGebaHRo8mpDaqxq-mvbbAttGXRVfIN8u30YgseDX4PMg9uFYIV7iECMsY6-jxqQM5BVksGa4JuKogCmV6aspwiofarErJiuPq9sr6e3Pr5Pv5fAVMBmxPbFisauyT3MvNAf0_vYvdkL2mLfsONq5FHr7uw47IrvDu_r8B_yHvJF99f56PqA_gr-VA==

Auras:
Spoiler
Only 2 auras are needed for this build so you don't actually have to spec into any aura nodes. Hatred and Purity of elements are enough for zombies to be tanky and deal tons of damage.

Gear:
Spoiler
This Build makes use of a few uniques,

All of them are relatively cheap except Grip of The Council, I had to farm them myself since it was early into the league.

Flasks:
It seems that either Overflowing Chalice is bugged using umbilicus or I am misunderstanding the text because it permanently gains charges even when in use. This leads to basically permanent Vinktar.

Jewels: 2 Efficient Training, 1-2 Brawn (if one use a flat 20-26 strength jewel), and 1 Violent Dead. I haven't tested with 2 violent dead to see if there is a damage increase but I doubt the nodes you have to drop would lead to a noticeable increase.

Full Gear List:

Synergies:
Spoiler
The main focus of this build is to supplement the loss of potions

with the leech of zombies
. This leads to extraordinarily powerful zombies and an extremely tanky witch. With the combination of our 1000 strength (500 flat health) and life on each gear piece its easy to reach 6k life by level 85

Links:
Spoiler

4L/5L/6L Raise Zombie:
RZ, Minion Damage, Melee Physical Damage, Faster Attacks, Added Fire Damage, Minion Speed/Minion Life, credit to first reply for reminding me to test faster attacks over multistrike.

4L Wither CWC Setup: Wither, Cast While Chanelling, Flesh Offering, Vulnerability/Elemental Weakness/Enfeeble/Temporal Chains

2-4L Utility: Convocation, Spirit Offering, Desecrate, Increased Duration

3L Golemspectre: Golem of choice, Raise Spectre, Minion Life

You'll want 20% quality for raise zombie for the movement speed and health. The others don't matter so much.

Auras: Hatred on Generosity and Purity by itself or linked to something that doesn't increase mana reserved.

Alternate Gear Pieces:
Spoiler
You can use meginord's vise gloves for 2% regen and 100 strength early on to start using zombies. I used them until I farmed GotC. It's hard to swap out any other gear because of all the strength needed.

Capabilities of the Build:
Spoiler
This build is capable of doing a few bosses including Ghosted Atziri and Uber Lab. However I have not yet made it to tier 16 bosses and I failed on uber-atziri. I do not think it is out of reach but it might take some more tanky support gems on the zombies to survive these bosses (like I said zombie AI is garbage and Convocation has an 8 second cooldown).

Maps are very easy to clear though however and you don't really have to do any work on your own the zombies just go off and do whatever and you leech a ton of health from them. I've stomped tier 13 maps so I assume the build can clear up to at least tier 15.

Sadness:
Spoiler
I couldn't record a video because I'm technologically inept apparently. Just imagine 6 strikingly handsome young men running across a field exploding everything in their path.

Last edited by NotBraedyn on Mar 8, 2017, 3:26:38 PM
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2017, 1:51:00 AM
Pro-tip, Multistrike drastically slows clear speed, use Faster Attacks (or Minion Speed) instead.
Last edited by Agent_Wesker on Mar 8, 2017, 3:16:28 PM
"
Agent_Wesker wrote:
Pro-tip, Multistrike drastically slows clear speed, use Faster Attacks (or Minion Speed) instead.
You know I was thinking about that and I never got around to testing it, thanks for the tip gonna try it now
How do you recommend leveling this build? Looks fun!

Also, bandits?
Last edited by superjack010 on Mar 8, 2017, 8:51:51 PM
"
superjack010 wrote:
How do you recommend leveling this build? Looks fun!

Also, bandits?

I used SRS and a bunch of zombies until I hit level 75ish, you basically have to use SRS until you can leech if you want to use umbilicus, you can also go without but less speedy zombies.

Oak, Eramir, Eramir for bandits

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info