[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

Hehehe those deaths were totally avoidable. Anyway nice try overall :)
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2904155
3.7 CI CoC Discharge: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2605608
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Hi, guys.
Thank you Rico for this build, I used to play Mjölner builds sometime last year and got back to it after I read Rico´s original post.
Everything went well, all content including guardians was doable.
Now, when it came to Shaper, it really took me a lot of tweaking around.
I started at 6.7 k life, was capable to tank the slam and all, but had no dps.
Then I did numerous tries with different setups and I am proud to say that Shaper is down (not deathless though).
My setup included very high chaos resistance, against damage over time, also took all the damage nodes and gave up the life ones on the wheel.
So I took Shaper down with 5.6 k life, RF on almost all the time.
Flasks : 1 life of dousing, 1 ruby of heat, Atziri´s promise, Taste of Hate and 1 topaz of adrenaline.
Pantheon: Soul of Arakaali + Soul of Gruthkul.
I hope it helps, I know there are many of you who struggle with Shaper, due to lack of dps basically.

I will sellout many of the items that I crafted for taking down Shaper, so please message me if you are interested in rings, belts, boots, Kingsguard etc.

Have fun everybody !
Last edited by dickinson90poe on Oct 12, 2017, 3:50:04 PM
Hey Rico I have made a massive discovery after some theory crafting and testing around what to do with my old cospris malice character and if I could use terminus est with flicker strike for a 6 linked movement skill discharge crit build but I did not want to have to wear Voll's protector.
So what I found is that Romira's functions in way that you can use cyclone faster attacks cast on crit discharge and it still functions to discharge all available charges including any power just generated (I thought it would remove the charges before being able to discharge them but its order of operations is hit mob gain charge discharge on crit dump any left over power charges) I tested this by removing voll's devotion and was still able to see a second discharge effect. So while my Mjolner discharge fires off I can also cast a second discharge linked to cyclone and faster attacks every .43seconds I can see it working as I own the discharge mtx so I get 1 discharge of mtx version and 1 discharge of the normal non mtx version every now and again while cycloning through mobs. This gives us a single target boost on paper it shows around 300k at peak but of course you know it will more likely be 50-100k damage added but this is massive gains for single target even with just a 20% crit chance. I will probably switch to a non corrupt romiras so I help it fire off more often I wont run diamond flask as it will start to effect power charge generation too much if we make our critical strike chance too high.
Since you don't use kaoms chest this leaves you a bigger option to add more supports to your cyclone to boost coc discharges damage but even just on a 4link cyclone faster attacks cast on crit discharge brings something extra to the table.
Sorry for making you try to sort out your cyclone links again I know how much of a pain it is deciding what to drop out lol.(Also look in to using lycosidae for 100% hit chance and freeing you up to take different ascendancy options or just freeing up attack speed points in tree. It's much easier to play without saffaels due to the reflect pantheon giving -25% reflect, just purities seem to be fine to support me. Though if I run -max res 9%-12% I can kill myself to reflect but my damage is getting quite big now with all the extra charges including frenzy's but with flasks up I was safe.)
"
_KaOtiC_ wrote:
Hey Rico I have made a massive discovery after some theory crafting and testing around what to do with my old cospris malice character and if I could use terminus est with flicker strike for a 6 linked movement skill discharge crit build but I did not want to have to wear Voll's protector.
So what I found is that Romira's functions in way that you can use cyclone faster attacks cast on crit discharge and it still functions to discharge all available charges including any power just generated (I thought it would remove the charges before being able to discharge them but its order of operations is hit mob gain charge discharge on crit dump any left over power charges) I tested this by removing voll's devotion and was still able to see a second discharge effect. So while my Mjolner discharge fires off I can also cast a second discharge linked to cyclone and faster attacks every .43seconds I can see it working as I own the discharge mtx so I get 1 discharge of mtx version and 1 discharge of the normal non mtx version every now and again while cycloning through mobs. This gives us a single target boost on paper it shows around 300k at peak but of course you know it will more likely be 50-100k damage added but this is massive gains for single target even with just a 20% crit chance. I will probably switch to a non corrupt romiras so I help it fire off more often I wont run diamond flask as it will start to effect power charge generation too much if we make our critical strike chance too high.
Since you don't use kaoms chest this leaves you a bigger option to add more supports to your cyclone to boost coc discharges damage but even just on a 4link cyclone faster attacks cast on crit discharge brings something extra to the table.
Sorry for making you try to sort out your cyclone links again I know how much of a pain it is deciding what to drop out lol.(Also look in to using lycosidae for 100% hit chance and freeing you up to take different ascendancy options or just freeing up attack speed points in tree. It's much easier to play without saffaels due to the reflect pantheon giving -25% reflect, just purities seem to be fine to support me. Though if I run -max res 9%-12% I can kill myself to reflect but my damage is getting quite big now with all the extra charges including frenzy's but with flasks up I was safe.)

So, you're saying that two discharge gems work independly, one with Mjolner cooldown, the other with coc cooldown? Devs where saying something different in the patch notes... that gems cooldown is global and shared with any other gem copy or instance. Are you sure about that? I mean observing two different graphic effects is quite a proof but it might be glitch or smtg. Can you "feel" more dps? Or can you meassure it somehow?
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
3.7 Juggernaut life Mjolner: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1846362
Is your The Flow Untethered belt the item that keeps RF from melting your HP? I still can't stabilize RF even with 79 fire res and 351 life regen.
"
RicoKGB wrote:
"
_KaOtiC_ wrote:

So, you're saying that two discharge gems work independly, one with Mjolner cooldown, the other with coc cooldown? Devs where saying something different in the patch notes... that gems cooldown is global and shared with any other gem copy or instance. Are you sure about that? I mean observing two different graphic effects is quite a proof but it might be glitch or smtg. Can you "feel" more dps? Or can you meassure it somehow?

No it has always been separate for coc and items like mjolner or cospris malice. This is the way cospri malice and 6link volls protector worked for 2 discharges, but I always assumed romiras would consume the power charges before discharging them not after. When you wear volls protector it gives power charges for every monster hit so inya's isn't as needed on that build and you can feed double discharge on coc much better this way with a charge per monster hit. But say you equip 2 mjolner or 2 malice then you would only get 1 discharge working.
So after some testing yes it definitely is more damage. I non stop discharge now while attacking normally when I crit it would be dry for a tiny amount of time, now the only time I wont discharge is if i have 0 charges and crit first so have not been able to create a single charge yet. But once I have bv going plus cyclone and not consuming my discharges would be around 7 a second now.
After reading about romira's on the wiki this is where I figured my idea would work the wiki states: Lose all Power Charges on Critical Strike: This effect occurs after any power charges are otherwise consumed or gained. When used in conjunction with Cast On Critical Strike Support and Cold Snap, for example, Cold Snap will consume a power charge to bypass its cooldown, after which Romira's Banquet will remove any remaining power charges. So you see the item even has been programmed to function this way and use power charges to feed any skills prior to removing them from the character.
Last edited by _KaOtiC_ on Oct 15, 2017, 5:03:05 PM
"
Punknificent wrote:
Is your The Flow Untethered belt the item that keeps RF from melting your HP? I still can't stabilize RF even with 79 fire res and 351 life regen.

No, you need 84% fire res, 7/8 endurances up (0.2 regen per endurance node), summon stone golem up also helps you, and +700 life regen, ps read first page of the build.

(\ /)
( . .)♥
c(”)(”)
"
_KaOtiC_ wrote:

No it has always been separate for coc and items like mjolner or cospris malice. This is the way cospri malice and 6link volls protector worked for 2 discharges, but I always assumed romiras would consume the power charges before discharging them not after. When you wear volls protector it gives power charges for every monster hit so inya's isn't as needed on that build and you can feed double discharge on coc much better this way with a charge per monster hit. But say you equip 2 mjolner or 2 malice then you would only get 1 discharge working.
So after some testing yes it definitely is more damage. I non stop discharge now while attacking normally when I crit it would be dry for a tiny amount of time, now the only time I wont discharge is if i have 0 charges and crit first so have not been able to create a single charge yet. But once I have bv going plus cyclone and not consuming my discharges would be around 7 a second now.
After reading about romira's on the wiki this is where I figured my idea would work the wiki states: Lose all Power Charges on Critical Strike: This effect occurs after any power charges are otherwise consumed or gained. When used in conjunction with Cast On Critical Strike Support and Cold Snap, for example, Cold Snap will consume a power charge to bypass its cooldown, after which Romira's Banquet will remove any remaining power charges. So you see the item even has been programmed to function this way and use power charges to feed any skills prior to removing them from the character.

W8 w8... in case of Cyclone-CoC-Diacharge: Cyclone is a trigger for both CoC and Romiras on critical hit right? So when you crit with Cyclone all power charges are lost before CoC triggers Discharge or after? So we Discharge with endurance charges only or with power and endurance and than power chatges are removed? Anyway in anycase this might be still worth it with. Especially with Juggernaut - up to max 8 endurance charges, healing via endurance charges with Kingsguard, 6l Cyclone setup without the need for additional accuracy gem (Undeniable). Some dmg boost yes but mostly because of healing with secound Discharge setup. In theory thats 7 Discharge/s - close to what we had before 2.4 (with legacy mjolner). Im gonna give it a shot.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:
Last edited by RicoKGB on Oct 16, 2017, 3:35:30 AM
"
RicoKGB wrote:

W8 w8... in case of Cyclone-CoC-Diacharge: Cyclone is a trigger for both CoC and Romiras on critical hit right? So when you crit with Cyclone all power charges are lost before CoC triggers Discharge or after? So we Discharge with endurance charges only or with power and endurance and than power chatges are removed? Anyway in anycase this might be still worth it with. Especially with Juggernaut - up to max 8 endurance charges, healing via endurance charges with Kingsguard, 6l Cyclone setup without the need for additional accuracy gem (Undeniable). Some dmg boost yes but mostly because of healing with secound Discharge setup. In theory thats 7 Discharge/s - close to what we had before 2.4 (with legacy mjolner). Im gonna give it a shot.

Coc triggers before romiras removes the power charges, so we get a full discharge again from this at whatever damage support you give it rather than just losing all your power charges you will now discharge them when you crit via coc. I have roughly 22% crit chance so I would count it as at least 1 more discharge per second rng sometimes going to give you more but mostly it will be 6 a second still a big gain and yes for you it's another amount of endurance charges discharged to heal yourself. Since coc has 20% more multiplier and there isn't -35% like mjolner, you roughly have a discharge at +55% more damage so about the same as a conc effect without any other damage supports on it as well as it has a bit more range as there is no less aoe effect from conc effect. But since you have 6 links possible to play with you could support it (even more then me having it on a 4 link) with controlled destruction/conc effect etc also.
Last edited by _KaOtiC_ on Oct 16, 2017, 4:14:48 AM
"
_KaOtiC_ wrote:

Coc triggers before romiras removes the power charges ...

Holy mother of Thor! This is ground breaking!

If so I can go Cyclone-FA-CoC-Discharge-IncCrit-EleFocus/ConcEff and move fortify to shield charge.
Latest guides:
3.11 Loki's Rainbownuke:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info