[R.I.P.] life Mjolner done right by Rico - Juggernaut version - R.I.P. thx to "balancing" policy

"
smalltalk wrote:
How are you getting such a high APS for cyclone? Is it possible to hit that 5 dc breakpoint with only a 5L? Please feel free to take a look at my gear and tell me if im doing something stupid.. atm I dont have the currency to get a 16% cd belt yet, but from your graphs it shouldnt matter if I have such a low APS.

Thanks!
Devoto's and Undeniable do a lot of it, I also have attack speed on several jewels
Does blood rage work at all with this build? Or does it somehow interfere?

It would add frenzy charges which add cold damage to discharge. Also adds 20% attack speed to cyclone, and a little bit of leech from cyclone, blade vortex, and vengeance.

If you are not using RF, the degen shouldn't matter much.

I do wonder if the cold damage on discharge screws up the EE.

Edit: I had a 20/20 blood rage on another build, so I threw it on in place of blade vortex. My discharge damage in PoB increases 25% (for all 3 frenzy charges), and my cyclone attack speed goes from 4.3x to above 4.7.

However, I couldn't feel any difference on trash packs (they still explode immediately), and I don't currently have a high level map boss with which I can compare times with and without. I'm going to keep trying it for now, but would appreciate expert analysis. BTW, the degen is not noticeable, even though the skill pretty much stays up for the whole map once invoked.
Last edited by shrunn57 on Jul 11, 2018, 4:29:55 PM
After playing a while with blood rage, and realizing it did less for boss battles due to lack of frenzy charge generation, I decided to slot righteous fire back in and try with both. I was surprised that the degen was not really an issue with a boss I could facetank. A more evasive boss might make the degen more annoying, but the combined buffs add a lot of damage to discharge.

PoB says with RF I can get about 120k per discharge without frenzy charges, but some bosses have adds so I might get a little closer to the max of 150k sometimes.

The only timing reference I have is the "hammer" boss in ghetto, which I just did with both buffs. This battle took only about 5 seconds, and I remember him taking much longer than that.

The other problem with both RF and BR is that I am taking slots away from my CwDT cluster. So I got rid of increased duration and blade vortex to fit these in. Not sure if that was the best choice. Maybe immortal call without ID would be better off swapped in favor of blade vortex?

I'm still not sure about the blood rage, but after trying RF again in a few situations, I've decided it's not for me with this build. I do have a full RF build that works great, but I don't like the pressure it creates with this build.

After my discharge and arc gems got to 19, I did the elder and his guardians on T13-15. Elder was in basilica. This was difficult, and I needed most of the retries. When my purities and main damage gems get to 20 or 21, maybe it will be easier. But I did it, and I probably haven't had another build that could do this before.

Happily, I did get a rare Impresence amulet from the elder that I have wanted for another build for a long time and could not afford. So this already pays back everything I spent to put together this build.
Found something fun, although I doubt I am the first to try it.

MoM is only one point away in the tree, if you blood magic support your movement and cyclone, and use these together with RF
you get a long soul eater which makes general map clearing much faster.
Last edited by Nyarlathotepian on Jul 12, 2018, 1:36:11 PM
"
Found something fun, although I doubt I am the first to try it.

MoM is only one point away in the tree, if you blood magic support your movement and cyclone, and use these together with RF
you get a long soul eater which makes general map clearing much faster.

Nice! Though I doubt it is faster as everything dies instantly anyway.
Also capping resists will even be more complicated with this belt, at least it has some small resists and life, but not enough to compete with a rare belt.

We are already using a lot of unique items, we this belt we would only have 1 rare ring to cap our resist, not a simple task.

I never lose.
Either I win
Or I learn
- Nelson Mandela
I've been thinking about the trouble I had with T15 elder, and it seems that all of my deaths were caused by difficulty moving quickly after using cyclone. It seems that there is a long delay between lifting off of cyclone and actually being able to move with shield charge. Also, the first attempt at shield charge was usually ignored since the cyclone was not finished.

Is there another skill besides cyclone that could be used effectively on dangerous bosses to improve mobility? And of course not lose too much damage.

I could have avoided the one elder skill (siphon) that kept killing me very reliably if I didn't have to wait for cyclone to finish.
"
shrunn57 wrote:
I've been thinking about the trouble I had with T15 elder, and it seems that all of my deaths were caused by difficulty moving quickly after using cyclone. It seems that there is a long delay between lifting off of cyclone and actually being able to move with shield charge. Also, the first attempt at shield charge was usually ignored since the cyclone was not finished.

Is there another skill besides cyclone that could be used effectively on dangerous bosses to improve mobility? And of course not lose too much damage.

I could have avoided the one elder skill (siphon) that kept killing me very reliably if I didn't have to wait for cyclone to finish.
I took Unstoppable instead of Unbreakable just because elder slow is a thing, along with tar zombies in lab.

I'm not nearly an experienced with other mjolnier builds as Rico, but Lightning Strike and Molten strike might be worth looking at.
Reading the last few posts with people struggling with T15 elder makes me so confused, i've played this build every league for the past 3 leagues and i did T12-T15 elder deathless multiple times each league, i cant even remember me dying to elder once in those 3 leagues with this build, only content in the game i havent been able to do deathless is Phoenix and Uber Elder, every other content is just straight afk watching youtube or stream on the other screen while holding right click down.

Even last league i was buying a part of the Encounters challenge in trade chat, i cant remember what the exact challenge was but it was something you had to do on red elder, this guy did it with a T15 elder and sold it to me + 2 others, so it was a 4 man party, when the guy told us to join the instance, everyone in the party ( inc the guy selling this challenge thing ) died instantly besides me, i then had to solo kill a T15 elder in a 4 man party with no portals left from 40% hp, took me like 7 mins but was never even close to dying, so it seems wierd to me that people struggle especially if solo.
Last edited by Erikthethird on Jul 12, 2018, 10:21:41 PM
I'm not yet very familiar with the intricasies of mjollner builds, but I do remember seeing discussion in this thread of an alternate ascendancy mjollner build that used both lightning and molten strike.

I'm not sure how either of those work with EE though. Seems like they could diminish the subsequent discharge damage. Not sure what is different in that other build.

In any case, molten strike is out unless I recolor my 6-link kingsguard, which won't happen. It was very expensive to get it to 4 green 2 red. I'm also unsure of how lightning strike supports this build, but I could try it.

Looking at the other green attack skills, I can't really see any that are candidates for one reason or another, such as weapon requirements or enhanced crit or something else that is out for this build.

So maybe I am stuck with cyclone all the time, but will wait for any other opinions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info