Are bows 2 handed?

As there's a specific stat which says 2h melee weapons I presume 2h untyped mods apply to bows?
Last bumped on Feb 16, 2018, 7:26:41 PM
As far as I'm aware they do not apply to bows.
"
Malice wrote:
As far as I'm aware they do not apply to bows.

I had a hunch it didn't, it would seem most of the untyped 2H mods are close to the melee ones. It would probably be a good idea to let all of them say 2h melee for the sake of clarity, as far as I know there's no ranged 2h weapons that aren't melee for which the mods apply?
I believe bows are one-handed, because you can equip quivers in second hand.
Last edited by Skelecross on Feb 8, 2012, 5:13:34 AM
Bows are not 1H or 2H weapons. They are unique and only referred to as Bow, regarding passives and mods, in that they do not benefit from any weapon type mod other than Bow, specifically.

Projectile and arrow mods, however, DO compliment each other, and harmonize with bow and physical dmg increase.
The 2h passives once applied to bows (thats why, some of the nodes still show a Bow) but it no longer does.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
I have updated the stat descriptions to make it clear they apply only to melee weapons - I thought that had already happened, but evidently not.

Technically, within the game bows are considered two-handed weapons, but it never matters because we don't have any bonuses which apply to all two handed weapons, only to two-handed melee weapons. The descriptions of those stats now reflect this.
The only actual consequence at the moment of them being two-handed is you can't dual-wield bows (and I'm pretty sure that if we do end up implementing dual-wielding of two handed weapons, that will be limited to melee as well) or use bow+shield. Quivers are a special exception which can be used with a bow but not other two-handed weapons.
you could let bows be 2-handed ranged weapons and let wands be the ranged equivalent of a 1-handed, dual wield or 1-hand shield combo :D
Call bows 1.5-handed weapons.

ahh the necro
IRON MAN
Last edited by Dreggon on Mar 25, 2013, 5:51:49 AM
Now that the Slayer has *Damage with 2-Handed Weapons*, are we back to Bows being 2-Hand Weapons for these stats?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info