2.6 poison trapper Bfall vs EK

Hey guys!

I've been mocking up some trapper builds to kick off legacy with. I'm using poebuilder for comparisons. Unfortunately it doesn't support the EK threshold jewel yet, but the 10 additional projectiles seems quite legit, as well as the proj speed it gives. I've also run some calculations on using decay mod on bows (easy to get colours) and it does a bit less damage than 2x obliteration, so its definitely viable to use instead of having to colour a vaal regalia early in the league with 4 off colours, unless of course you go eva/life.

Each build will be using 4x coated shrapnel.

EK trapper build (life based): http://poeurl.com/7cz
Bfall trapper (CI):http://poeurl.com/7cS
Bfall trapper life:http://poeurl.com/7cY

Best links for bfall damage:
Spoiler
Bfall - Trap - Trap and Mine damage - Cluster Trap - Conc effect - void manipulation.

Apparently added chaos at lvl 21 still isn't as good as void manipulation, this is true both for obliteration and decay bow. Decay + Avg dmg including poison about 40k. with 2xobliteration it is about 49k for the life version and about 53k, for the CI version. That is actually really high considering that is including cluster trap, which you can switch our for rapid decay during boss fights.

I didn't make a CI version for the EK build because there is no double dipping for projectiles around the witch area so life is the way to go for that.
Links for EK:
Spoiler
Ethereal knives - Trap - Cluster Trap - Trap and mine damage - Controlled destruction - void manipulation

Poebuilder tells me with lvl 20 gems, about 26k avg dmg including poison for EK. Now, I'm not sure if this is per projectile or not, if so it would be insane (EK fires 9 projectiles normally + 10 from threshold jewel). Additionally, having the projectiles fire in a nova makes clear speed much better, and translates proj speed directly into aoe.

Decay vs spell damage bow; only bows with 110+ spell damage perform equally well as a decay mod, up to you witch to use, 6L eva chests are usually fairly cheap to come by, if you go CI I would definitely start out using a spell damage/decay bow.
Last edited by thevdende on Mar 3, 2017, 9:18:09 AM
Last bumped on Mar 16, 2017, 7:21:37 PM
Due to traps working more as a one hit wonder kind of play style and they disregard spell cast time, I would say bladefall for sure. EK does have higher base damage, and the nova might play out quite nicely, but bladefall with conc. effect will be able to hit the same target on multiple waves for an extremely high damage potential compared to EK that can not shotgun. You might end up seeing higher map clear speed with EK (thought I doubt it even after AoE nerf), but for bosses and tougher enemies bladefall will blow it out of the water.
hi i love this build leveling is ez and i am trying to get ring of blades so i can try ek nova
I have been wanting to make a BF trap build and this looks nice.. any suggestions on other auras to use and what not? weapons and all that?
-.----
Last edited by Metallica290 on Mar 4, 2017, 8:08:50 PM
been wondering hows ur bould going since a while, i also started the league with an ek nova trapper, using bino as a weapon right now (still all in shit tier gear) and been wondering if switching to a delirium bow would make a big difference. Ek nova trap is a blast so far!
Currently running EK cluster traps with ring of blades jewel (scaling poison/chaos). Will report back on how it works in maps. So far I'm lvl 52 and after getting chain reaction, the damage is stupid good compared to a lot of other spells in traps. Oh, and remember how every one was QQ about the aoe nerfs?

Lol, this build with the Karui Ward amulet and taking sniper node on the tree basically covers the entire screen. Once I get a 6l, I'll throw in faster proj and start killing things off screen too. I nabbed the pierce nodes + pierce gem and and also running a sunblast belt. (trying to get duration down to almost nothing to force detonation to being close to immediate; I wanna get poison stacks going fast)

Also leveling with the new buffed asenath's gentle touch gloves. With the 100% chance to pierce, I'm cursing everything on screen with temp chains. Once I can take whispers of doom on the tree and buy a witchfire brew, I'll be able to really buff my deeps.

All in all, while not quite as gg as bladefall traps, it's still friggin amazing and fun thus far. I'm calling the build "the pipebomber". :D
( I plan to make a build guide if I can get this build up to red maps comfortably)
Last edited by tacotiklah on Mar 10, 2017, 10:36:08 AM
My build guide for the EK nova trapper is up if anyone wants to view/critique it.
"
tacotiklah wrote:
Currently running EK cluster traps with ring of blades jewel (scaling poison/chaos). Will report back on how it works in maps. So far I'm lvl 52 and after getting chain reaction, the damage is stupid good compared to a lot of other spells in traps. Oh, and remember how every one was QQ about the aoe nerfs?

Lol, this build with the Karui Ward amulet and taking sniper node on the tree basically covers the entire screen. Once I get a 6l, I'll throw in faster proj and start killing things off screen too. I nabbed the pierce nodes + pierce gem and and also running a sunblast belt. (trying to get duration down to almost nothing to force detonation to being close to immediate; I wanna get poison stacks going fast)

Also leveling with the new buffed asenath's gentle touch gloves. With the 100% chance to pierce, I'm cursing everything on screen with temp chains. Once I can take whispers of doom on the tree and buy a witchfire brew, I'll be able to really buff my deeps.

All in all, while not quite as gg as bladefall traps, it's still friggin amazing and fun thus far. I'm calling the build "the pipebomber". :D
( I plan to make a build guide if I can get this build up to red maps comfortably)

nice! i played bladefall after all, got to t15s easy after that poison immune gaurdians are pretty much no go. I dont think you need to run a sunblast as saboteur, if you plan on going sunblast and cheap construction jewels you are probably better off with another class or ascendacy, i think deadeye for EK might be interesting. Pathfinder will be good too for the free poison.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info