Would this work? Oro's Frost Blade Crit

Hi, I was wondering if someone could tell me if this build will work.

What I have in mind is a Frost Blades (possibly swap for dual strike for single target DPS) build that uses the insane DPS of oro's Sacrifice along with having perma frenzy charges due to critchance constantly igniting.

Heres the skill tree. (mostly stolen from other builds):

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAADuApYEswUtBbUGIAaiC2EMUgzyD6sVIBa_F9wZihm0Go8i6iSLJP0mlSmlKgsqOCpNLOktgy5TMHwyATWSPC0-zz8nQzFDyEd-SshM_08EUUdRTFVLV-JaGlugXfJfsGHiYqxlTWjyapNsCGyMbqpvJ3BScql0oHTtdPF35XrvfA59W4Kbg1-DzITFhNmGs4nTjDaNv49gkm6SfZhvmmqbtZx7naqiAKXLp1WouaxHr2yyGbTFtfK3PrxWvTa95r6nwuzDM8M6xPbGrspKz3rSfNNv1FLWWNi92sHb59wj4J_hc-XP51To1u0g7WHwH_GK9tr3MvsJ_gr_3g==

since phys damage is pointless with oro's ive gone with a lot of crit and crit multi. But I'm not sure how that will play out with only having:
34% ele dmg with weaps and 86% elemental damage for a total of 120% (+12% attack damage)

I've went with inquisitor, as to ignore resistance on crits (inevitable judgement)

Support gems would be:

Frost Blades, Multi, WED, Faster, Crit chance, and Lastly: Added Light/chaos/cold or chain for clearing.

I picked up iron reflexes in the hopes that with enough evasion rating i'd have a decent enough physical damage to not get 1 shot.

Life % is only 143% (might have to get a hold of Kaom's Heart to not get one hit?)

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated, will this build work?
will it be capable of doing T14? 15? 16?
would its damage outright suck? (even with a lot of weapon ele dmg on gear?)

Thank you for your time.
Last bumped on Mar 5, 2017, 11:47:16 AM
I don't think this will work. You might get enough damage to kill the monsters, but you're spending ~40 skill points to travel all the way across the tree. Even though you got some life, your defenses are sorely lacking. Without significant boosters to armor, iron reflexes is meaningless.

Oro's is widely considered subpar, though the new meta may change that, considering a good deal of leech nodes are now universal damage, rather than physical only.

Here's my take on an Oro's Sacrifice build: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAOXPmG89PpJ93CN65kbXcYVj_ayqQKB25yKvOFN8uCku8azyLxo-9zK77ZHOlmyRK18EA3US4ZLQPfyMz_ZIxFgkqjbpFm_janIPcqmLjO0ggpuaO62NdqzPfqcwOlJboHwOp1Ut0pBVGjgnLwGRVamXtGoBJd8b-qQZCfbUfAYOeu8FLXTtzGaUXEqYGJEUTbyf_EvAZu98n988BVhjxthfP8T28FVPBPndFkCFffrSXhNmnqIA8B8Es-8OUEcUIFfid-UyiRRxn8tZ8_jrJ-0abJ2uhmBDyDrYDjzqGFcNYVIB5-9OMn5o8vJB2XyCBwAAAAA=

I'd also not recommend Frost Blades. If you're partial to frost blades then go for it, but it's too finicky for my taste. As soon as a monster rushes you you're in a pickle, as frost blades projectiles don't aim towards you after you got an enemy. And since your melee range is huge, and you're using multistrike, it'll probably randomly select less desirable targets more often than it's worth. I'd much rather recommend infernal blow with melee splash for packs, and molten strike for single target.

I'd say your best bet for scaling damage is to stack critical chance wherever you can on your gear, and then do
Molten strike - multistrike - elemental damage - elemental focus - concentrated effect - point blank
Infernal blow - melee splash - faster attacks - increased AoE
Leap slam - faster attacks - power charge on crit - fortify support

This would keep you swimming in power/frenzy charges from the leap slam (which will ignite, but not for very long). For your remaining sockets you could go with ancestral protector / scorching ray totem, CWDT+immortal call etc. Probably worth getting the flask that gives you one of each charge for sustain against bosses.

We don't have to worry too much about crit multiplier, as if we crit we're penetrating. This means elemental focus is a double bonus for us: more elemental damage, and 100% crit chance through the ascendancy. This could be pretty viable with Oro's now that I think about it. Kinda wanna try it out myself now...

edits: Auto-correct is a pain in the duck.
Last edited by xingtheking on Mar 5, 2017, 7:29:54 PM
thanks for responding, yeah i think you have a really good point about travelling too far, your build looks tight as, very nice.

I can see the problem with oro's and I did end up going frost blades, but not with oro's lol.

I think for oro's frost blades to work you need The Taming, to stack a lot of ignites (50-100?) and get 500-1000% increased damage, to get those numbers you need a lot of attack speed and increased burning duration and ofc. I think you I could drop the crit all together and just get some ignite passives/gear/supports. But that's one to try when I go back to standard.

I really like your molten strike build, that sounds like it could have potential there, if you do try it and see great results drop me a line.

Thanks again for your help.

Good luck in the new league :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info