Phatman's Blood Magic Fire Trap/Molten Shell build

I'm level 23 on HC right now, owning stuff in normal! WOOT! Anyways I know its going to be a long, hard road through the rest but looking for any feedback or suggestions. I know 111 point tree, boo-who get over it.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_f4XM8Be0g73xG14M4nYAUTWBtBLOiAPAfgW8CcZ48TdiMdjrY7DgpTxo45CKCm6eEGmyQVZ2uGYXAGqcIEmkkqmaeWfPYJI9GuJMXHDbpqZVxTayqNsXQ0Ax9cXnjanB9UWCazyftHwI22M9lEH9PfUNjGS4EB5wt8WxVxsaegFa3MdlhTLOHZexVWPVXDWoeLR-vt5eFncTSIagYbRlJG57N8i_B86cwud2CHhQgFHHvDtsLUEcGDqSsA8Zj_YwG_QslrSkuCfZ8uD38WGNQUMbYjM_2SF8_
Last edited by Phatman on Feb 28, 2013, 5:38:34 PM
Everything is going quite well. I'm in the Barracks Act 3 normal. 75% all resists, 1.3k health, 300 mana running level 1 clarity. Gather up mobs (doesn't matter which, cause its normal) Cast Flammability, cast Molten Shell (amazing). Fire trap here Fire Trap there. Rain down the firestorm. Fireball any stragglers. Can't wait to see what Cruel and beyond is going to be like.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_fPAXvfIM4nYAUTWBtBLOiAPAfgW8CcZ48TdiMdjrY7DgaOKeEkFUZhcAaJKpmnlnzNumpleNqcH1RYE99gFb60g==
Last edited by Phatman on Feb 23, 2013, 8:48:04 PM
Just cruzin' along in Cruel. I'm on Piety's level but I'm going to farm for a bit before facing her. Currently level 54, 2.6k life 400 es, max resists, -10% chaos, 3k dps on molten shell. I have very few close calls or impossible situations. Allies regen life is really my only downfall currently as well as excessive chaos damage. Here is my current passive skill tree and gear. Please all feedback is welcome.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_fPAXvfIM4nYAUTWBtBLOiAPAfgW8CcZ48TdiMdjrY7DgaOKeEkFUZhcAaJKpmnlnzNumpleNqcH1RYE99gFb60qyqJ-0ZLtSPud3vDudSVElfP_ZIjM9QUFhjxtjdBX1TGmydrqcI2t2PRtDQz2VVxhZv2CQ2xTbY8WzsVQ==

Last edited by Phatman on Feb 26, 2013, 4:19:18 PM
Killed Piety this morning... although a fellow group mate died... poor, poor witch. Up to level 55 now 2.9k life, 677 Es, 500 mana. Got to the lower passage WP in merciless but I skipped the Medicine chest(lvl 58) and the Fetid pools(lvl ?) for now due to the increase level of the maps. I threw a couple points into resists to make sure I was still capped in Merciless. I also did some rolling and found some new gear.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjJ_fPAXvfIM4nYAUTWBtBLOiAPAfgW8CcZ48TdiMdjrY7DgaOKeEkFUZhcAaJKpmnlnzNumpleNqcH1RYE99gFb60qyqJ-0ZLtSPud3vDudSVElfP_ZIjM9QUFhjxtjdBX1TGmydrqcI2t2PRtDQz2VVxhZv2CQ2xTbY8WzsVfIvROfz3Q==

PS: If anyone has wand for sale that is better than mine, I'm definitely interested. I'm tired of looking at this one. Looking for similar spell damage and maybe some cast speed.
Last edited by Phatman on Feb 27, 2013, 3:44:14 PM
Awesome changes have made things a little bit easier for me. I had a conversation with one of my friends about my build and the problems that I've been having. I mentioned that I just don't have enough mana to support my skills. I talked about how I wanted to head towards EB like I originally wanted but it was 8 points away and felt out of reach with the difficulty I am currently having in Merciless.

I contemplated re-rolling because we all know melee/being in melee range is very underpowered. I told him what each of my skills costs and between fire trap(45 mana), molten shell(130 mana), fireball(32), firestorm(42), and flammability(62) I would run out of mana so fast and spam flasks like crazy to try and stay alive. He asked what my life regen was and it was at 95/sec. He said why don't you just go blood magic.

CHA-CHING! Back in business. I had all the respec points I needed to take out a bunch of damage nodes and got to Blood Magic. I cruised through the rest of Act 1. I was able to get all the side quests that I couldn't before. Very few close calls. Brutus was cake, Merviel also cake.
Currently level 58, 3.4k health, 95 life regen/sec, molten shell at 3.5k dps, fire trap at 550 dps. Things are going great.

Here is my current passive tree.

Here is my current gear.
Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info