[2.6 Raider] Frost Blades Dreamfeather SC

Last edited by claydbp on Mar 2, 2017, 1:47:28 PM
Last bumped on Mar 9, 2017, 2:41:13 AM
Try this.

Raider is beastly, but Frost Blades kinda sucks without chain, so I'd play as Deadeye instead. The Blood Dance (highly recommended) and Blood Rage will get you frenzy charges. If you decide against The Blood Dance, consider dropping Master of the Arena and taking Vaal Pact instead. Lots of projectile speed here, watch how far those blades shoot.

Herald of Ice + Grace + Arctic Armour.

Frost Blades + Multistrike + Added Cold + Cold Penetration + Faster Attacks + Weapon Elemental Damage. Use Queen of the Forest or Hyrri's Ire.

Life is a problem. You just can't get enough of it to be truly safe with a dodge/evasion melee Ranger while volatile enemies and corpse explosions exist as they do, so I recommend playing softcore.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Last edited by Tempada on Mar 2, 2017, 2:56:35 PM
Hey ty Tempada, i was planning to go softcore anyway, ty for the help, i was thinking in get vall pact too. Even for bosses deadeye is better than raider? What about a raider with Touch of Anguish? I can drop the two dreamfeather get some claw nodes and go raider.
Last edited by claydbp on Mar 2, 2017, 3:01:33 PM
"
claydbp wrote:
Hey ty Tempada, i was planning to go softcore anyway, ty for the help, i was thinking in get ci too. Even for bosses deadeye is better than raider? What about a raider with Touch of Anguish? I can drop the two dreamfeather get some claw nodes and go raider.

I don't think I've ever seen a CI Dreamfeather character, and that's because stacking both evasion and ES is a waste when ES on its own is in a great place right now.

Deadeye is fine against bosses if you have mobs to kill (to keep charges up). Vaal Breach helps with that problem.

Yes, Touch of Anguish would allow you to play as Raider. I'm not certain how that performs by comparison.
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
i type ci by mistake, i was trying to say vaal pact.But ty anywat i will do some research.
I'm planning on doing a Frost Blades build as well. I've been debating between DF/QotF and Touch of Anguish/Rare Dagger/Sword builds.

I think Dreamfeather has too many requirements and too many drawbacks to be really successful with this build. Dreamfeather doesn't work very well with Crit, and Resolute Technique isn't an option. DF/Lycosidae is possible, but I don't know how much it hurts the DPS output over DW.

Another issue is with DF/QoTF you really need to run Grace, which leaves you with even fewer offensive options, unless you spec heavily in mana reserve reduction, which there aren't really a lot of points for.

Finally, life is an issue as well. Life is still tough to come by on the Ranger side, and going to the Scion life wheel takes a lot of skill points.

I've not done all the research, but I feel like going with Dreamfeather stretches the build too thin.

With Touch of Anguish/Claws, going Crit makes more sense, since the base crit is much higher. It also frees up the armor slot for something like Belly of the Beast, easing some of the life concerns. ToA also gives you more cold damage and a bonus chain at max frenzy charges (which are a joke to generate and maintain as Raider). The higher base physical damage opens up some options as well, since we do full conversion to cold.

I think ToA Raider will be more efficient and probably more powerful.
"
claydbp wrote:

Tree looks pretty strong. Only critique is I think you need to get the Claw tree in the Shadow area. Damage, crit, and dual leech (all attack damage now, not just phys) is really, really strong.

This is the tree I think I'm going to work with.

Assassination, Heart Seeker, Soul Raker, Claws of the Pride, and Twin Terrors bumps up the crit a lot. ToA has a solid base crit chance, so those changes should get crit chance at minimum over 50%. I don't think the Duelist leech cluster is necessary.

Touch of Anguish implicits plus Blood Drinker and Soul Raker should give you plenty of sustain. I dropped Nullification/Sniper as well to make up the needed points.

Null feels like wasted points just to get 5% life and Sniper only affects the projectiles, which should have plenty enough damage for trash clearing. Single target is where FB lacks right now. Moving heavier into crit should help with both initial attack and projectiles.

I don't have Path of Building in front of me to double check this all, but I think this would be the most efficient pathing. I would probably take the two points to get Flash Freeze last since the tree tops out at 92, and 90+ levels are a pain.
Last edited by nEgativezEro89 on Mar 3, 2017, 11:57:32 AM
Hi, was thinking to go daggers, what about this http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAPUSKwB4r-sB0cSiu-P-un11034AXhmO7YPveu4OgawzkkMT5GqpeVb6fyv9bn7dePmNuTB8UUc-z73mN9TtP42_1COXBhmKwzoyAbIZz3okiw-rFr8mlWHiVUuMNhEvd9fjn2egh3ZKfRR1yMzvj99vTip6U2Hr62M2PZ2qbIxirI19I_ZNkluvAx4fQQgum40i6psm3UZjpxGBVEemvp7EXfIrClWFpcu1SHX94tXtQUrIPycqTRc-FI7AdgDuLOmGsxUg3Q2PYCPTbyeaauCfBWZuqrXyNZLYvf6PTeOmVzGeKjgXJnqE0K1B0F9wg208vtjVAAAAAAA= if not using claws
Last edited by nerkyos on Mar 4, 2017, 6:30:51 PM
You had picked so many dual wielding block nodes, i know they got nice physical damage but with acrobatics those are totally wasted :/

if you still want to go with Acro i would try maybe something like this :

http://poeplanner.com/AAYAAPsSKwB7r-vEov66fXXTfgBeGY7tg-967g6BrDOSQxPkaql5Vvp_K_1uft14-Y25MHzUUsv1MbDcvecPUUc-z73mN9TtP42_1CPDOpu1hMUi6ujW6xQyAbIZz3okiw-rFr8mlWHiVUuMNlRHpr4RL-tjd9fjn2egh3ZKfRR1yMzvj99vGNt08Y9gbyeaaloadO0FLdNvIWDBi4FBNe867Y19I_ZNknrvQKBGtyyFBbUB0WHrelObJt1GY6cRgXX9hG_i1e1BtUhirGyMnao2PaXLVYXYYEkP1y0ILpuNu-P665LzXkXUQkSeU7sXJnqE0K1B0F9wg208vtjVAAAAAAA=

115 points
156% max life
269% evasion wchich due to dreamfeathers go to damage

u had at 106 point only 115% max life and 159% evasion

queen of forest is pretty nice, other uniques i would suggest - atziri step for boots and starkonja's head as for helmet - good life, good evasion, nice stats :)

EDIT - made clickable link

P.S. i dont really understand why everyone picking projectile damage as it dont goes for single target damage wchich is biggest struggle
Better dont quote me - often editing right after posting:)
Last edited by Evil_Kon on Mar 9, 2017, 2:50:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info