[2.6] Doing everything wrong. Cyclawne + Life Leech

OOPS had the wrong skill tree linked... fixed.

Not a lot to say about this. It's cyclone with LL. Basically I got the weird idea that I wanted to do a hyper aggressive claw character that tanks through armor and LL. I tried this out in 2.5 and if I wasn't attacking I was dead, however, while attacking I was able to regen and tank everything. I only got to 55 but the results were fairly good so I'm going to bring it into 2.6 with some revisions to take advantage of changes they've made. I doubt this is shaper viable but it was a lot of fun and really easy to build and gear.

I've changed some things around for 2.6 compared to the 2.5 build and it's even better than it was so while it won't win any "Best in Meta" awards I think it's solid.

www.poeurl.com/5KG

Basic idea is: cyclone + add chaos + phys + attackspeed + poison + cull. This gives around 40kdps using a Bloodseeker for instant regen and a Scourge because holy crap the damage boost. If my numbers are right I'm looking at something like 4k life regen per second. Won't save you from being one shot, you probably won't be face tanking shaper without manual dodge, but for 95% of the content I think it will be quite good.

Using: Poach(via blasphemy) + Blood Rage + Haste + Flame Golem, gives a decent boost to mana regen and life while helping build max frenzy charges and boosting damage.

Ascendency: Raider with Slaughter and Chase. These are not going to be as good as Slayer, however, slayer is horrible for claws. Win some Lose some.

In fact the only weakness I found was Hex Proof, as I'm using FAR too much MP to sustain without the mana on hit (@90 i'm looking at 9.7 APS) but caveat, I didn't get to maps so I'm sure there's a lot more that can toast this build.

No real itemization yet as their are so many reworked and new uniques but you will need: +int (claws are int+dex and passive pathing offers little chance to gain in on the tree) +life (as much as you can get) and +resist. After that anything you like should be fine but clearly avoid things this build does not use.

Basically this is just an alternative to popular builds at the moment that requires very little hard to get gear and I think will be a fun way to get currency at the start of the league. There are better LL builds, there are better Cyclone builds, there are better claw builds but if you want to do all three and do something different I think this will work out fine.

I mostly wanted to try and build a claw build that wasn't HoWA and this is how it turned out. Thanks for reading, sorry the formatting isn't super professional, and have a great day. #spin2win

edit: realized there was a good pun for the title.
Edit2: doing some math in PoB using two scourge+cosplay will you can get just under 100kdps. I feel like that's silly good for what's basically a "for fun" build.
Last edited by PerfectLife on Mar 2, 2017, 8:51:44 AM
Last bumped on Mar 2, 2017, 7:17:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info