Melee Builds 2.6

I've played melee pretty much every league and hope to continue to do so, what changes have been made that would effect melee builds as a whole.

If you have a particular build in mind please post it I would like to see everyone's choices and opinions on it :)
Last bumped on Mar 1, 2017, 12:33:05 PM
One thing I will definitely be trying (although wont be my first build) is dual wield Brutus' Lead Sprinklers:

"
Brutus' Lead Sprinkler: No longer has Added Fire Damage against Ignited enemies. Now Adds 2-4 Fire Damage to Attacks per 10 Strength.

Not yet sure whether I will be going Inquisitor or Chieftain, obviously Inquisitor is better damage, but I'll be playing hc so Chieftain would be much tankier.

At the very top end it's unlikely to quite compete with HoWA, but I think it'll still be extremely strong.
Hi Grimmhammer,

I'm really interested in a Brutus' Lead Sprinkler build.

How would you build it and what skills could be best for it? And do you think it is scale able to beat guardian + shaper.
"
Grimmhammer wrote:
At the very top end it's unlikely to quite compete with HoWA, but I think it'll still be extremely strong.

My thoughts exactly, if you manage to stack 1k strength, that's 400-800 fire damage per hit. Including the dual wield bonus and high crit chance, it should blow Oro out of the water. Sure, stacking 1k STR isn't easy but you're also getting 500 base life for your trouble so it's worth it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 1, 2017, 9:56:21 AM
"
Bumbledore wrote:
Hi Grimmhammer,

I'm really interested in a Brutus' Lead Sprinkler build.

How would you build it and what skills could be best for it? And do you think it is scale able to beat guardian + shaper.

Hard to theorycraft without the new passive tree but:

Off the top of my head I think the Inquisitor Version would likely stick to the top of the tree, going through witch and shadow to get crit. Use int>strength conversion jewels where they work, use Brawn (+%strength) in spots where they dont. Probably do it as hybrid, using the newly buffed Geoffri's Sanctuary chest to get ES from strength. Maybe buffed shaper's touch gloves too? Not sure yet.

Chieftain version would be similar to Pillar of the Caged God or Iron Will builds, focusing around marauder area, dipping round to duelist start using one or two dex>str gems, again Brawn in other slots. Pickup scion life, and maybe pop up to templar aoe. Major differences would be taking crit wheels rather than RT, and things like dual wield crit cluster near duelist.

In terms of skills, spectral throw will likely be highest clearspeed, but EQ is obviously still strong and gives big ignites. Cyclone is always good. Sunder may even be strong with the rebalance, or 100% fire Ice Crash even.

In terms of other gear, Xoph's Blood will be strong for the fire pen and strength scaling, but may not outweigh a good crit neck. Emberwake Taming combo is obviously to be considered, if resistances allow.
Last edited by Grimmhammer on Mar 1, 2017, 11:31:39 AM
Taming + Emberwake, Xoph Blood. All these screams ignite.
My builds:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1809378 - Lazor Inqusitor
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1781498 - Burning Arrow Raider
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1800999 - Perfect Formless Inferno Slayer
Emberwake kills your crit multi, probably not the best idea with a weapon that has such high crit chance. Xoph's Blood is beast though.

Any opinions on Cyclone, Wild Strike?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info