(2.6 WiP)CI EK Pathfinder Theorycraft

Hey guys this is my first build so be gentle bb

So many of you have seen the new jewel coming up Ring of Blades (%Inc Phys, Nova)
I wanted to play something hopefully unique and not something common.

I've been able to run regular EK on T12's flawlessly and with more passive points I'll attempt higher. I will post gameplay soon.

Gearing
As of now i'm using a Consuming Dark w/ Shield but looking at ways to use other things like bows, Maybe Scourge?
I've also got a Voice of the Storm to buff up crit abit, im a wee bit concerned on the availability of it.
To avoid stuns i'm using a Valyrium
Everything else is your normal CI gear.

I've got about 9.7k Es and 25k unbuffed tooltip DPS using faster proj
Gear RN (stuff i have laying around not optimized)
Spoiler

Links
Main Skills
Mana hasn't been an issue

EK > Added Chaos > Spell Echo > Inc Crit Strike > Void Manip > Pierce
Im experimenting rn but its the setup i think will run best, you could substitute things such as Faster Casting, Faster Proj in

Orb of Storms > PCOC > COH > Assassins Mark (currently running 5 charges, will possibly be 6)

Wither > Spell Totem > Faster Cast

Movement is just based off if you want whirling blades or shield charge. Run fortify with either

Not too sure yet :)))
As for auras and cwdt setups i've just thrown things in so this is not finalized

Discipline > Warlord's Mark (Leech has been nice) > Blasphemy > Enlighten(Lvl 3)

CWDT > Vortex > Inc AOE > Inc Lightning (running Vinktars atm)

Other Classes and Ascendancy
PathfinderMaster Herbalist > Nature's Boon > Master Alchemist > Veteran Bowyer
This is the only one i've tested and it's been fantastic

Assassin- Ive considered using an Assassin due to the easily gained crit, but you wont poison like a pathfinder(easily solved however with a poison gem). If i were to go this route its very possible to go Life Based with Snakebites and possible Drillneck Quiver, it'd be very budget friendly i'd think. Overall they're very similar either would work great i'd think.

Occultist- I haven't thought about it too much but tree wise but shouldn't be different at all, the Ascendancy is the highlight however, you would use the Poison Gem here too.

The Plan
I'm currently very happy with the results even without the Nova and the use of no Jewels in general rn. It clears fairly fast as is, its about a 99% chance to play this at start. I will post a skill tree after patch notes. Any help or criticism is appreciated.

Last edited by Rushz on Feb 28, 2017, 9:49:20 PM
Last bumped on Feb 28, 2017, 8:40:32 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info