Pure Aegis Aurora Gladiator - Full tank mode

Just wanted to document this character here.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHcAecGiwm7CiYLYQz3DXwV1xcvGS4aPhv6HNwdFB8YIOMhYCL0Jd8n7Sj6KS4ppSy_L2826DwtQKBDY0SeRrdJ1VH7UilTu1WpVdZV4FZjVw1XyVhaWK9Z814TX9phUmTnZlRmnmhYaGVo8moBbAts2G87cLtxTXIPcql08XfjeTl8uH7if8aApINfhmCGronYjHaPGo9GkveTJ5Rvl7Saz548ns2fo5_LoS-kGacIpzCnn6luqZWsqqyvr2y0DLYstzG4k7kdvni-isAawL_BxcT2xq7K080W02_XltkT2WHp1eq66-7sGO9O8azzb_Ob-AL60g==

All jewel sockets with Grand spectrum armour.

At level 92 i'm sitting at:

9800 ES (got best es nodes in game coming next levels)
110k Armour

Now in legacy league with relic aegis i switched passives around so at lvl 92 i am sitting at
11k ES
84k Armour

I can do almost anything super easily. I die exclusively when i make some big huge mistake, i never tried this safe a character before. I didn't get to try this one yet in the top content, but im certain it will absolutely faceroll guardians, im more concerned with uber atziri and shaper, but think shaper will also be easy. Easy, not fast, this one is a tank first and foremost. Finally after many many adjustments i now have decent damage for soloing, even top maps don't feel too slow.

It is aegis - it turns almost all monsters into sources of healing, and defensively it has never been stronger. Gladiator is a perfect match really, when used like this it really shines and while i initially was sad about gladiator i now see that it's insane for aegis.

I can just afk in the nastiest shit ever, lolled around in a double core malachai -max res etc and don't even die without really trying. Like really, i don't fear death penalty at all. My xp just keeps rising and rising whenever i do whatever, and this character is really crazy relaxing to play because of that, the only downside is low damage.

Mind you - next league will see the return of legacy aegis which at 110k armour would then restore 4400 es per block, with 78% block chance, but i think i will respecc some jewels to more ES.

Videos:

Got a few videos from legacy league. Some have music, others are laggy, sorry for that it got recorded that way for whatever reasons.

Abaxoth facetank - no special hard mods or anything, just to show

Hall of Grandmasters - Lagfest + bug, faceroll

Vaal Temple easy mods - Aegis Aurora CI Tank

The end! Gonna do a proper guide later this is just for show.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Mar 31, 2017, 6:37:15 PM
Last bumped on Jun 21, 2018, 3:29:53 AM
Rewriting this as guide in this post..

Build Concept:

The build is meant to be based purely around Aegis Aurora,

Strengths and weaknesses

Essential itemization

Increased Damage sources

Sources of block

Videos

I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Mar 31, 2017, 4:03:48 AM
hi , i want to try your build , it's seem perfect for tank , but i had two questions ;
- what is your bandits rewards choice ?
- do you have any leveling advice ?
Skill points for all bandits.

For leveling go for life nodes and some weapon damage nodes and respecc later at higher levels. Wings of entropy is really good in conjunction with gladiator block. Super cheap, and quite strong early weapon that can last into endgame. At lower levels just buy the op weapons if you can, like the cauteriser which is just crazy.

Last edited by Crackmonster on Mar 9, 2017, 7:49:50 AM
Thank for your's answers :)
I have buy a good leagacy wings of entropy for 1c ;) but , to be able to use it , i am looking for a body armor who can help until i take chaos innocculation . maybe 4l carcass jack...
thx

One important thing ; take Grand spectrum , the earlier and more you can ! that cost nothing and change everything . I haven't . that was painfull .

Now at lvl 63 , it's impressive how it's "tanky" , never see that !

I can't stand being level 90 ;)
Last edited by loickos on Mar 7, 2017, 4:10:15 PM
I have awakened this one once again now with relic aegis :)

Shall be glorious - this league i will have time to play this for long.
I would love to know if u can make a leveling tree. Thx in advance.

P.S. what is your name IG to contact you?
Hello Crackmonster, thanks for sharing your build ! :)

I like a lot block build, and never thought about using grand spectrum + aegis combo ! haha this game never stop to surprise and enjoy me ! ;)

I don't know how to start the build, i meant not really how to level it (it's not difficult to respect a life build into a CI one), but rather how to gather so many specific and expensive item. We need high dext, high ES, elreon ring, high level enlighten gem etc... I only got 120 chaos in bank lol (Sc legacy), but i already have a legacy Aegis waiting to block nasty hit :p

For exemple, do you think your build is playable on a 5L ? I fear that it will be very painfull for the clear speed (specificaly because it's a "tank build" ). What do you think ?

Thanks again ! : ))

Uff, a 5L is going to hurt precisely because i only feel really by pushing all tiny sources we can get, that we can get just decent damage.

It's never been cheap to maximize an aegis build.. but the core most expensive item certainly is that chest. I guess it would be possible and not even weak to go with only a decently high rolled es chest and 5L until you can afford a proper one, and maybe switching that fortify over to another skill so you won't lose out on damage. Probably by making sacrifices on various es rolls you can end up on 7k es without paying too much, and i rarely dip that low tbh.

Still, i think it's not going to be so pleasant to play this without good items. What i can tell you is that it is extremely safe to play when you do have it built.

Love to hear how it goes if you try!
Last edited by Crackmonster on Mar 24, 2017, 6:21:29 PM
"
ad09min80 wrote:
I would love to know if u can make a leveling tree. Thx in advance.

P.S. what is your name IG to contact you?

My IGN is Chumpstomper atm, but may rename this char soon - dont fancy the name for non-marauder.

For leveling i suggest you do any regular build like cyclone, but do take ascendancy points in gladiator and dont take any bandits, go for skill points. That way the respecc cost is around 1ex which is in my opinion the easiest way to do it. Considering the cost of items i think its a fair choice. I respecced from some generic cycloner to this at 82, today. Could easily do it a bit earlier.

For level 82:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHcAecGiwomC2EM9w18FdcXLxkuGj4b-hzcHRQg4yFgJ-0o-ikuKaUsvy9vNug8LUCgQ2NEnka3U7tVqVXWVmNXDVfJWK9Z814TX9phUmTnZlRmnmhYaGVo8moBbNhvO3C7cU1yD3KpdPF343k5fLh82X7if8aApINfhmCGronYjHaPGo9GkveTJ5Rvl7Saz548ns2fo5_LoS-kGacIpzCnn6luqZWsqqyvr2y0DLYstzG4k7kdvni-isAawL_BxcT2xq7K09Nv15bZE9lh6dXquuvu7BjvTvGs85v3MvgC-tI=

Actually looking at this i think ill spend one point in diamond skin for almost full protection against ele weakness in my current gear.

----

towards level 100:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHcAecGiwomC2EM9w18EVAV1xcvGS4aPhslG_oc3B0UIOMhYCL0J-0o-ikuKaUsvy9vNbk26DwtQKBDY0SeRrdLrlIpU7tVqVXWVeBWY1cNV8lYWlivWfNca14TX9phUmTnZlRmnmhYaGVo8moBbAts2G0Zbztwu3FNcg9yqXTxd-N5OXy4fNl-4n_GgKSDX4RIhmCGronYjHaPGo9GkveTJ5Rvl7Saz5uhnjyezZ-jn8uhL6QZpwinK6cwp5-pbqmVrKqsr69stAy2LLcxuJO5Hb54vorAGsC_wcXDbcT2xq7K09Nv15bZE9lb2WHpAunV6rrr7uwY707xrPOb9zL31_gC-tI=
Last edited by Crackmonster on Mar 24, 2017, 6:31:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info