[2.5] Juggernaut Borat187's The Surrender Max Block Double BF (WIP)

Hi Folks,

I was pretty lucky on my first runs on Uul-Netol and got my Surrender:

As I've searched the forums for a nice build for it, I've found some builds who stated that The Surrender is nice but can't get as good as an Aegis Build. So my mind starts to work and here is what I've put together (please be informed that it is a Work in progress and some things need to be tweaked and input is highly appreciated; please be patient this is my first ever written guide and english is not my native language):

Idea

Defence:

The core mechanic of The Surrender is obviously "Recover 250 Life when you block". As it is a nice to have it is not "enough" to rely on. To push the Liferecovery to the next level i came across the Kingsguard Armour and it's Mod "Gain 100 Life when an Endurance Charge expires or is consumed".

To get the full potential out of the Armour we need a high amount of Endurance Charges and a high consumerate. To reach the high amount we ascend as Juggernaut (+1 max charges, gain charges when you get hit and 25% chance to get max charges instead of 1) and running a low level of Cast when Damage taken with low level of Discharge will grant the high consume rate (up to 4 times a second, reason is mentioned later on).
Now you might think "How we generate ECs?". Here is my first layer of chargegeneration: I hate the self cast Enduring Cry thing so i wanted to abuse the Juggernaut's 20% to gain an EC when hit thing and we'll use:

400% of our Mana spend is dealed as physical damage to us. That means that on each Mana drain there is a 20% chance to get an EC and a 5% Chance to get to full charges. That means: you can be on full charges whenever you want (precast before bossfights,...). Due to this mechanic we rely on Discharge as the consumer and not IC.
To solve the potential problem of not having an EC when Cwdt Discharge procs, we add:

Every non crit generates a Power Charge (we don't play crit, so its very often) and when Cwdt procs it will be consumed and Voll's Devotion generates an EC for it. That means that we've most of the time 3 ECs after Cwdt and a 75% of full charges after that (3*25% Chance).

Offence:

Due to the core item Scold's Bridle and the fact that we have to take many life nodes and block nodes on the passive tree, we use double BF (Blade Flurry Cast while Channeling Bladefall) with The Scourge as a Weapon. We can now use Minion Damage increase notes and stats on jewelery (for example Corruption on Amus) to push our damage on both BFs.

Pros + Cons

In the current state (Level 80, not all gems 20/20, 1-2 EC under max possible, Damage nodes to come the next levels,...):

Pro:
+ as long as many small blockable hits came in you are pretty much not to kill (survived Ephij with a butload of adds on a T16 Phoenix with 1 Damage Mod on Lvl 79)
+ reliable clears Trash (first cleared T15 Trash until Boss on Lvl 73)
+ Reflect is no problem

Cons:
- singletarget Damage against high life Mobs (to be tested on higher Levels, Change with Blade Vortex to be tested)
- high hits can oneshot you (currently 5.2k Life with my Gear)
- not that quick as clearspeed builds
- can be expensive due to the Uniques needed (haven't tested potential without Scold's and Voll's yet, to be tested).

Links

6 Link in Armour (Maindamage):
Blade Flurry - Cast while Channeling - Bladefall - Poison - Conc Effect - Void Manipulation

4 Link #1 (EC Consumer):
Cast when Damage taken - Discharge - Tempest Shield - X
I use Vortex here to help a bit in huge DPS incomming situations to get a bit of time to charge out of the mobs. But you are free to choose whatever you want.

3 Link in The Scourge (Movement):
Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify
When you prefer Whirling Blades ... use it.

3 Link in The Surrender (QoL and Damagesupport when Dual Curse is available):
Curse on Hit - Vulnerability - Life gain on hit

4 Sock (2L - 2L, Damage push, QoL):
Spell Totem - Wither
Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark

4 Link (Defence)
Arctic Armour - X - X - X
Here you can add whatever you want (Golems, Vaal Skills,...)

Passive Tree
http://poeplanner.com/AAUAAP0RAAB8AZEB5wQHBLMFLQthES0S4RQgFE0YahiRGj4aVRzcJy8snC3SLlMvzDGeMtE26DlSOlg62DrhPAU8LT38RUdHfkyzTUZQR1KvVcZXDVgHWGNfP2EhYuxlTWZUZ5tn_GhlaPJr23TteTl8g3y7fuKCB4Nfg8yD24TZhO-Fe4zPjxqQVZHOlmyboZ7NogCi6qZXpzCsmK2Nrj6vbLc-u028n702vqfAZsGCxYrGrsbYz37QH9Ih02_Yvdlh2sHdX-RR6dXr7uw47IrvDu987-vwH_JB8kXzm_ZI99f8S_4KPQ8GOfuq8wZRYAbGXaTAAcse0jjd1fON9IMAAAAAAA==

Ascendancy

Unflinching > Unrelenting > Unyelding > Unbreakable (The last choice is up to you what ever you think you need)

Bandits

Oak (Life), Oak (Phys Damage), Oak (+EC)

Gear

Shield (Core):

2b1r: Easy on Vorici mastercrafting.

Armour (Core):

Colours 4g2b: Best way according to Vorici Calculater: 3G Recipe and ~2.250 Chromes

Weapon:

I'd say it is the best all around weapon for this build in achievable range which supports both BFs.
Colours: 2r1g - Shield Charge; 2g1r - Whirling Blades

Helm:
QoL we use

Colours: 1r3b

If you can't afford a Scold's you can use a Rare Armour with high Life and Res Helm.

Gloves:
Here you can get high Life, Resistances and the missing Dex (the rest see on Jewel section).

If you are really rich you can try to get the Vulnerability on hit corruption here and change the Links in the Shield (EC on Meleestuns or something like that).

Boots:
At the moment I use Rainbowstrides for the Res and Block to Spells (that I only need 4 Reckless Defence Jewels to achieve 100% conversion to Spellblock).

Maybe I'll test Death's Door the next time with an additional 5th Reckless Defense on Passivetree (+1 EC, All Res and anti bleed is always nice)

Amu:
QoL for the rich:

Minion Damage will be the best choice in my opinion (due to lag of many Damage nodes in the passive and The Scourge), but Block / Spellblock or +1 Curse for the super rich is good too. If you can't afford the Voll's you can always use an Anvil (3%+ to max Block, Block chance,...) or a Rare (high Life, Res, Chaos Damage with Essence of Envy,...):

Ignore the Corruption here.

Rings:
QoL (when Voll's owned):

The 2nd Ring (or both Rings without Voll's):
Rare Life, Resistances, %Chaos Damage (Essence of Envy), +flat Chaos Damage and Stats if needed

Belt:
High Life, Resistances

Flasks:
Core:
To achieve Max Block we use a Rumi's:

QoL:
Due to the fact that we have a small ES Puffer (my actual Gear gives me ~730 ES without Uber Lab done. With Uber Lab done it should raise up to ~1k ES) we use a Sorrow of the Divine and our ES replenishes with our Liferegen.

The Rest is up to you. I use 2 Life Flasks (Freeze, Bleed) and 1 Quicksilver at the moment.

Jewels:
Core: In the current State i use 4 Reckless Defence Jewels to achieve Max Block and Spellblock (best rolls are 4%/7%).

Due to the fact that our passive tree lacks much Dex we use 1 Fluid Motion Jewel on the bottom right of the Passivetree near Golem's Blood (total of 64 Dex added).

When we use just 4 Reckless Jewels and Rainbowstrides we can use the last Socet to get Max Life and double dipping Damage mods (Minion damage, Area Damage,...).

Off/Def-Stats (not yet done)

I have to get the Gems and Char leveled to get a better understanding of the potential.

Videos (not yet done)

Test, Problems and Wishes

- The Singletarget Damage has to be tested when advancing in Levels. It's a bit off track at mom. Maybe test a whole new offence Skill? Input here is highly appreciated.
- When League ends my "optimal" affordable Gear gets together, then I can give an Update to Def/Offstats, and so on.
- Videos? Never done that before, so maybe you have a good advise in programs for me.
- Lastly: Please give us 3D-Art of The Surrender!
Last edited by Borat187 on Feb 27, 2017, 11:09:28 AM
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2017, 10:49:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info