[3.10] Bashtart's SPARK INQUISITOR * farming like a god! :)

I'll be streaming this build tomorrow through Sunday quite a bit. I'd be happy to help with any questions if possible. Plus you can see how effective it is if you are struggling or think it may not be as strong as advertised :D

www.twitch.tv/jthebes
"
Faliaty wrote:
Hey everybody,

on short question and I know someone already wrote this, but I can`t find anymore!

Where can I find Arachnoxia?

Thx 4 help

Hi, you find it on t5 toxic sewers.... by the way does somebody know all the maps we need top upgrade all our pantheons?
"
Lord_Amandus wrote:
Doing your build atm, but actually I don't know which body armour seems to be the best for it.
Belly, Perfect form, Inpulsas, random 6 link...? And which armour would be best for doing guardians and shaper?

Also I don't know if you shoult take Pious path instead of Instruments of Virtue.

At last did you ever try to run arcane surge on shield charge? Cause I never recast Blood Rage or Golem so arcane surge is never up, if it's linked to them :D

For other players get Doryanis Catalyst fast, makes mapping so much easier.

But good job, having lots of fun with this build and the clearspeed is pretty good :)

Well the perfect form and pious path will gives you the most survivability but f.e. Inpulsa will increase your farming speed quit a bit.
"
raiderjoe wrote:
Did you ever tried the Lightpoacher helmet with this build? Is it viable?

And what would you suggest for my Body armour? I have Tabula Rasa with +1 on socketed gems or

Inpulsa's Broken Heart as 5-Link

From the feedback I got Inpulsa is really strong for this build. In the meanwhile I tried it out and inpulsa is really good for clearspeed but I guess wenni have more currency I think I will go with the perfect form because of the survivability. It is just a bit expensive atm. No I have not tried the helmet yet because it is kinda expensive... what can you say about it?
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Dec 14, 2017, 11:02:42 AM
Hi BASHTART,

First of all, thank you for sharing this build, I absolutely love it.
I started out as dual totems then spec out into spark/bv once I get my first 5L, 2 spark threshold jewls, Call of the brotherhood and complete my first 2 labs.
At the moment, I only use heralds and not artic armour because I keep getting oom after getting 1 shot by rare/corrupted bosses.Would you please do a gear check and let me know if I can improve on anything because I want to take this build to end game content such as shaper and atziri? Should I have my flask set up as Vinktar/Chalice/Diamond Flask/Quicksilver/Atziri's?

I've been looking around on poetrade and there are gloves supported by x lvl faster projectiles, do you think this will be a viable option to run 5L spark on a glove?

This build is my league starter and by far my most favourite.

Once again, I greatly appreciate the effort you put into this build and the time to answer questions.

Last edited by DankPapii on Dec 13, 2017, 11:57:33 PM
I just wanted to add my experience with this build...

I recently asked bashtart how could I improve my damage, since I switched to Pious Path over Inevitable Judgement (still no uber lab) due to survivability issues, as I wanted to pick up MoM.
He suggested to get Kalisa's Grace over Hrimsorrow. That helped a lot adding the 5th link to Spark for faster clearing, but substantially weakened my BV. However, for 27c I was able to 5 link my Inpulsa's and added a Phys to Lightning, removed Elemental Focus and added 'Added cold damage'.

What I found out is that this build scales very well with each upgrade, kind of like the wander. My biggest grip with the build is Spark mechanic is a bit lame sometimes, and requires you to either walk around obstacles which is annoying, or spin up BV to kill mobs in narrow corridors.

+ with Lightning Golem + Blood rage + Arcange surge you get that massive attack speed for more comfortable Shield Charging.

So, I already am crushing stuff in T6, even bosses with BV. I have 4.5k life, 550 ES and ~600 unreserved mana - which makes it almost impossible to get one shotted in lower yellow maps.

To do:

1. Uber lab for Inevitable Judgement - more spark damage and more BV damage due to ele conversion - can switch back to Hrimsorrow for crazy Phys to Cold conversion
2. Helm enchant (Spark damage or Spark projectiles) - more clear speed, better clear at higher maps
3. Boots/Glove enchants (sure are some good ones, like crit chance if you haven't killed recently, or attack speed, for boss fights). Possibly get some essence gloves over Hrimsorrow. (Hrimburn ignite not worth it??)
4. Eventually get gems to 20/20 (possibly 21/20 for BV and some others)
5. Better flasks (should boost both Spark and BV damage
6. Definitely need better jewels, but at the moment, they're not that cheap, and it's hard to get perfect 4 stat jewels at all
7. Still only level 84, I can easily reach 95 with reasonable amounts of gameplay, that's a lot more passives including one jewel slot
8. Choir amulet
9. My shield is meh
10. My 2-stone ring could be better
11. 6 link Inpulsa's

As you can see, so much room to grow, same as any build, but the fact that I can already do T6 easy, it's reassuring.

I still may switch the build to a ES BF, but the stronger I get with this build, the less I think I will end up doing it.

This is just my own reflection on this build and overall mapping experience, but it could help anyone who's had similar problems like me.

Thanks again to bashtart for helping out and good luck to everyone!
Last edited by shabanotti on Dec 14, 2017, 12:11:33 AM
Uploaded some 4k quality videos of the build in action at level 84. I still have to do the final Labs for Pious Path so no MoM for now.

Port - T3 - Shaper influenced
Waste Pool - T9
Nostrademous
Last edited by Nostrademous on Dec 14, 2017, 12:44:52 AM
"
DankPapii wrote:
Hi BASHTART,

First of all, thank you for sharing this build, I absolutely love it.
I started out as dual totems then spec out into spark/bv once I get my first 5L, 2 spark threshold jewls, Call of the brotherhood and complete my first 2 labs.
At the moment, I only use heralds and not artic armour because I keep getting oom after getting 1 shot by rare/corrupted bosses.Would you please do a gear check and let me know if I can improve on anything because I want to take this build to end game content such as shaper and atziri? Should I have my flask set up as Vinktar/Chalice/Diamond Flask/Quicksilver/Atziri's?

I've been looking around on poetrade and there are gloves supported by x lvl faster projectiles, do you think this will be a viable option to run 5L spark on a glove?

This build is my league starter and by far my most favourite.

Once again, I greatly appreciate the effort you put into this build and the time to answer questions.

I still feel that the perfect form is the way to go to contest the endgame because this chest gives just so much survivability but atm it is very expensive. Flasks... maybe a life flask with instant heal while one low life for scarry situations. I would also try to get doryani's catalyst sometime because it works just great for this build. It seems you are on a good way just farm and upgrade piece by piece and you can tackle the endgame soon.

The more you will progress in level and gear the better the synergies from the build will work. And yes the gloves with faster projectiles should definitely be a visble option for the endgame.
[3.2] Bashtart's Spark Inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1838569
[3.2] Oni-Goroshi Frost Blades Trickster: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077486
Last edited by bashtart on Dec 14, 2017, 1:03:57 AM
This is my current setup.

I'm tempted to try and clear all content with only Spark, although it will be quite challenging without BV on bosses.

Thanks again for the build guide.

Currently lvl 89. Pushing late yellow maps atm.
Last edited by Tomalom on Dec 14, 2017, 1:21:34 AM
could you please explain to me why you use the deceiver belt ? thanks
"
xiongjipeng wrote:
could you please explain to me why you use the deceiver belt ? thanks

I no longer use this belt... last saison the belt also worked for spells but the patched it.
"
bashtart wrote:
"
Fallub wrote:
Dear Bashtart,

since the good old days of ZiggyD's Voltaxic Spark scion I was dying to play another spark build. Finally tried yours this league. Im having a lot of fun so far (77 atm and used spark from 55 onwards).

I just got my Pious Path ascendancy unlocked and the MoM + Dreamer nodes. Ill be using Arctic + 1 Herald from now on (using both heralds so far). Which one do you think is better to keep onslaught rolling? Ice or Thunder?

Many thanks for making a usable spark build btw. - still one of my favorite playstyles of all time.

I m glad that you already enjoying it because imo it only gets better from now on. I am pretty sure it is HoI because of the shatter effect. And does your MoM setup work? Because I got some feedback that people had so problems sustaining the mana with it.

What I did is running both Heralds +AA on Trash and switching to AA+clarity on bosses (no Heralds). That gives high damage on trash and high survivability (AA + high unreserved mana and great mana regen.) on bosses.

For everyone struggling with survivability: just keep playing. After Pious Path ascendancy + MoM and Dreamer survivability is really strong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info