Shields are usless?

This one for energy shield and spell dmg not, but all other shields look so crapy, i even try to find build for tempest shield on http://www.timtips.com/buildbrowser/#/list this skill gem is not on the list :D
One good build for using shield with i know is shield charge with face breakers, meaby someone know other playable builds?
This can be good point for changes after 3.0.0 patch
Last bumped on Feb 25, 2017, 6:02:58 PM
Ever tried to play a block based build without one?
TBH I never played a dual wield build ... so my offhand has always been a shield lol. I'd say they've never been useless.
† You were a good man in a bad situation, Fairgraves. †
See what I am currently after here: 1767138
Thanks Chris! 2797098
Yes but the point are shields not all block base builds.
Last edited by Ognik on Feb 23, 2017, 8:27:53 PM
I don't get what you mean then... shields are for blocking, for the most part.

I would like to see a few more specialized shields for summoners with NA.
There are a few good shields here and there.

If you're the type of person that likes to go full DPS, there's a decent shield for Facebreakers:

Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I almost always use a shield, I feel like the extra defense, life roll and resists are just too important. You can get more damage to the point of being ridiculous by upgrading your weapon. Theres only so many life nodes and life rolls you can fit in, you simply run out of sources of life, and you can never have enough life.

I see dual wield as often a budget thing, you make a defensively compromised character to get enough damage because you couldnt get the items to have enough damage otherwise or you are making a glass cannon because you just love deeps and dont give a shit about your triple figure /deaths.

Its a bit like resist rings, very few GG setups use resist rings. You use coral rings or diamond rings, for a life build usually coral rings because again its the life thing, thats 60 flat life you simply cant get without using them. A non crit es build can justify using res rings because it frees suffixes to get int which = % es that is better than moonstones. But most of the time if you use resist rings its because you dont have min/maxed gear.

Same deal, you go binos + deaths hand for the unholy might and pcoc, but at the point when you have a loath bane you use a shield and maybe skyforths or some other pc generator.
Ever heard of RF life builds?
"
Ognik wrote:
Shields are usless?

What are you talking about? Shields are awesome! But when you ever find a useless "Tukohama's Fortress" shield just feel free to donate it to me! ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"

Shields suck. Yup.
U MAD?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info