[2.5] Trypanon CoC Vortex (Budget friendly)

I'm trying to create a CoC build around Trypanon mace. What do you think about this one?

I chose Templar Inquisitor to get a lot of attack speed and spell damage + consecrated ground against bosses could be nice. Scion and Witch Elementalist could also work well.

Screenshots

INSANE EXP/HOUR (dried lake merciless)

HUGE AOE

Current Gear

Uniques required

Trypanon ("All Attacks with this Weapon are Critical Strikes")
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Trypanon

Pyre ("100% of Cold Damage Converted to Fire Damage"
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Pyre

Gem setup

6L: Cyclone - CoC - Vortex - Controlled Destruction - Inc AoE - Conc effect

3L: Blasphemy - Warlod's Mark - Elemental Weakness

3L: Cast when Damage Taken - Immortal Call - Inc Duration

Use Flame Golem to incraese damage

Bandits

Normal: Oak (+40 Life)

Cruel: Kraityn (+8% Attack Speed)

Merciless: Oak (+1 Endurance Charge) or Kraityn (+1 Frenzy Charge, if using Blood Dance boots)

Appreciate any suggestion on how to improve this build.

Last edited by Rohak on Feb 26, 2017, 12:48:59 PM
Last bumped on Mar 3, 2017, 12:49:38 AM
Just testing this build now. Level 45 at the moment.

Funny enough it works. It works very well with both, Firestorm and Vortex. With Vortex monsters instant die and with firestorm they slowly die, but die. I'm personally prefering Vortex. Maybe swap Firestorm + Conc Effect for bosses, but even so, the chill effect on bosses is a really nice extra defense layer.

Doing +50.000.000 exp/hour in Ledge Cruel. No real difference between Firestorm and Vortex in exp/hour.

The only problem I've encountered so far is running out of mana, even in a 4L, which still kills monsters perfectly fine and fast (viable). To counter this I've added Mana Leech in the 5L (using Tabula Rasa).

I try this combo Cyclone-CoC-Firestorm/vortex on t5-t10. And it works well but Firestorm looks better on mapclearing cause casting nearly area (All your screen with inc AOE). Vortex worse on trash cause casts under you.
CI version with zeloth oath will be nice i think.
Not sure about Scion but Elementalist/Berzek/Raider/Assasin/Trickster and even Slayer good for this build.
About your tree i think Berserking node below Scion's life nodes useless. You have Instruments of Virtue and thats enough AS u need. You wearing Pyre http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Pyre? I thats true you wanna go for Snowforged great boost your damage.
UPDATE:

So, I've learned several things in my leveling process. I'll share with you some of them:

- The bigger the AoE on Firestorm, the less chance it has to hit the same target several times, therefore less dps. You might also leave unkilled monsters behind.

- Firestorm interaction with Elemental Equilibrium is a problem as Firestorm hits will trigger EE and thus increase fire resistance on mobs.

- Vortex damage over time doesn't stack. This could even be considered good for our build, as Trypanon has a low attack speed and you will be casting 1 or 2 vortex per monster pack, therefore you can focus on damage instead of attack speed.

- Having multiple spells linked to Cast on Crit trigger in sequence, the first crit will trigger skill 1, second crit skill 2, third crit skill 3...they don't trigger all at the same time.

- Warlord's Mark momentarily solves mana problems + gives you Endurance Charges. Hexproof monsters can be a little trouble, but they are usually surrounded by normal minions from which you can leech mana from.

Firestorm vs Vortex

As Firestorm works better with "the more the better" and we are restricted by Trypanon attack speed and by not been able to use EE (50% more damage), I'll focus on Vortex at the moment.

Vortex + Pyre + EE = Overpowered interaction. With lightning damage on my weapon, on hit I reduce cold and fire resistance. Then Vortex (now fire explosion damage) hits the target with -50% fire res and then the fire reduces cold res, which is Vortex's second form of damage (the cold damage over time is not coverted to fire). Resulting in all damages hitting the target always with -50% resistance.

@AncorTm: Yes, I'll be using Pyre now. Snowforged is 7 points away from our route. Combining all the damage and dividing it by 7 results in 10 damage per point. I've also dropped the Berseking nodes. I have updated the skill tree to pick more cold damage nodes, including Frost Walker and Occultist's Dominion which gives us +60% cold damage with only 5 points (12 dmg per point).

Thanks for your comments, they help me a lot to understand better this game and this build.

Last edited by Rohak on Feb 25, 2017, 6:33:41 AM
Oops.. it duplicated the above post, don't know why.
Last edited by Rohak on Feb 25, 2017, 6:31:59 AM
UPDATE:

- Current Gear added
- Actually flying through acts
- One of the best exp/hour builds I've played
- Damage is really high
- Very fast mobility too

If you take Pious Path.. so in late it will be CI version or you wanna life/hybrid?
2 curses so you also may save 4-5 points(take DoT nodes nearly for expamle) and get Doedre's ring/boots.(Somebody please check Cospris Will i think it will be fun :D)
Also with carcass you got really great AoE/AoE dmg boost but it may kill you. So for HC i'll advise good rare armor with res and life or uniqs like Kaom's Heart or Cloak of Flame.
Last edited by AncorTm on Feb 25, 2017, 8:09:48 PM
you should pick up "Marylene's Fallacy" and drop EE, it synergies amazing with Trypanon.

Reason (RED = EE is better, the rest Crit/Multi is better)
http://i.imgur.com/9b9s6H0.png
!!! Sorry for my "bum english" !!!
Last edited by stexnex on Feb 26, 2017, 5:31:34 AM
"Remember the idea of this build is to make it as cheap as possible to get you as far as possible in the game"

"
AncorTm wrote:
If you take Pious Path.. so in late it will be CI version or you wanna life/hybrid?
2 curses so you also may save 4-5 points(take DoT nodes nearly for expamle) and get Doedre's ring/boots.(Somebody please check Cospris Will i think it will be fun :D)
Also with carcass you got really great AoE/AoE dmg boost but it may kill you. So for HC i'll advise good rare armor with res and life or uniqs like Kaom's Heart or Cloak of Flame.

Well, my initial plan was pure Life, but I'm kinda stuck at 4,000 HP and 20% physical reduction (+16% with endurance charges)... so not really sure what to do next... first I'd like to know the roof of this build and after we think how to improve it.

"
stexnex wrote:
you should pick up "Marylene's Fallacy" and drop EE, it synergies amazing with Trypanon.

Reason (RED = EE is better, the rest Crit/Multi is better)
http://i.imgur.com/9b9s6H0.png

Marylene's Fallacy seems a good idea but then you will have to heavily invest in crit chance and crit multiplier, which will make this build expensive. Of course dropping Trypanon and going full crit / crit multi will output much better dps, but again it's against the main idea of this build: "budget friendly"

Btw, what is RED?... don't understand when you say "RED = EE is better"

Thanks again for all the comments and suggestions, they are all taken into account.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info