Could you please fix your servers?

"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
You also need to have a decent gaming rig: 3.0 GHz quad-core cpu or better, 8 GB ram or more. 64-bit Windows 7 or higher, and a modern enough GPU (a real graphics card... integrated gpu in the cpu doesn't count and is crap for gaming) to play any game on before you can ramp about how laggy PoE is and thus sucks to play.

I'm not sure if you are serious? I play this game since 5 YEARS and my rig was always good enough and now because I had connection issues yesterday you question my rig after 5 YEARS of playing? It simply was like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMxITJkY-8s

Of course I have no way of knowing what computer hardware you have. A 5 year old computer is outdated by todays performance standards. Besides that, PoE has become hugely more complex in the last 5 year and thus the code is vastly more complex and thus requires a more powerful cpu to process everything. That means more processing on both the client and the server and thus without knowing more from you about the client side is it impossible to put all the blame on GGG and the server side of PoE processing. Now having stated this I am fully aware that GGG is way behind the power creep and more players per day curve and thus the quantity of server side cpus available to run the server simulation is woefully insufficient and thus on most days (especially weekends) we clearly experience major lag. If you experience more lag on weekends or other times of high player totals then it is pretty obvious that GGG doesn't have enough server side processing to handle all game sessions and we are lagged out.

I've experienced more lag deaths since the start of Breach League so I, like you, am very unhappy that GGG isn't addressing this problem fast enough. If GGG can put some major financial resources into a dev team to produce an Xbox One version of PoE then they should also put more financial resources into adding more realm servers so these kinds of posts aren't necessary.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
You also need to have a decent gaming rig: 3.0 GHz quad-core cpu or better, 8 GB ram or more. 64-bit Windows 7 or higher, and a modern enough GPU (a real graphics card... integrated gpu in the cpu doesn't count and is crap for gaming) to play any game on before you can ramp about how laggy PoE is and thus sucks to play.

I'm not sure if you are serious? I play this game since 5 YEARS and my rig was always good enough and now because I had connection issues yesterday you question my rig after 5 YEARS of playing? It simply was like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMxITJkY-8s

Of course I have no way of knowing what computer hardware you have. A 5 year old computer is outdated by todays performance standards. Besides that, PoE has become hugely more complex in the last 5 year and thus the code is vastly more complex and thus requires a more powerful cpu to process everything......

Of course the rig became outdated two days ago and became perfectly fine again after that one day! ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Last edited by 666lol666 on Feb 25, 2017, 6:40:25 AM
^LuL

Spoiler
Aliens!

:'), it's fixed now i presume? Just a bad connection day or is it still a problem?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
^LuL

Spoiler
Aliens!

:'), it's fixed now i presume? Just a bad connection day or is it still a problem?

Peace,

-Boem-

Everything is fine again. I encounter one of these days about once every 2-3 month. It's only a few hours but my nerdragemeter goes from 0 to 360 within an instant every time. ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
it's not neccessarily aliens, just take ddos attacks for example.

they take from several hours to several days and slow down routers along their way, providers playing cat and mouse with attackers but the data are there and need to be handled.

most ddos attacks don't reach the official news if the victims pay in time after it's obvious that the attackers are serious in their blackmailing...

---

or take hardware failures, it also can take days before a main router showing early symptoms is exchanged. if this router is on a high tier exchange point it can do noticable harm.

---

the internet is full of companies who are competitors to each other. strategies to handle some the oponent's data to force their own agenda or apply perssure to an opponent to get better conditions in the next contract, contracts for data exchange which run out and aren't renewed for strategic reasons resulting in different routings, companies getting bancrupt ...

the "internet" is a battlefield. you just don't know it until your data is delayed.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
^Well reality is that it could very well be on your end, between your end and GGG and on GGG's end....

A lot of moving parts are involved, i think we all experience the drawbacks of that from time to time and
"deal with it".

I'm mostly content if they don't persist for a huge amount of time.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info