High tier map drops!?

Hello!!!

I'm Currently sitting at 98/126 atlas completion I believe.

Have done the shrine several times and that's the highest tier and the only t14 I've done so far, the rest just wouldn't drop...

So the question is, does getting 100/126 guarantee that the next tier will actually drop?

Thanks!!!

Last bumped on Feb 23, 2017, 3:42:01 PM
"
D3isdead wrote:
So the question is, does getting 100/126 guarantee that the next tier will actually drop?

No, it doesn't!

Official Path of Exile Wiki
"
Wiki wrote:
Each completed map base type also gives a 1% chance to upgrade the tier of a map, with values over 100% giving a chance to increase the tier a second time. The maximum map tier however can not bypass drop restrictions, even if it would have been upgraded.

In other words, the 100% bonus garantees that when a map drops, it will be 1 tier higher that it should have been (capped by restrictions). Let's say you run your T14, you kill a monster and it rolls a T10 map drop. You will get instead a T11.

"
Wiki wrote:
For example, a rare monster in a tier 6 map with 125% completion bonus:

- a rare monster can drop +1 maps, as such it can drop tier 1 to 7 maps
- it will only drop maps that are adjacent or already unlocked on the atlas
- a tier 5 drop would be upgraded to tier 6, with a 25% chance to be upgraded to tier 7
- a tier 6 drop would be upgraded to tier 7, but can't be upgraded any further
- a tier 7 is already the highest possible drop, and can't be upgraded any further

For more informations, look at the wiki page!
█▀▀▄ █▀▀▄ █▀▀ ▄▀▀▄ █▀▄▀█ ▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀▄
█░░█ █▄▄▀ █▀▀ █▀▀█ █░█░█ ▄▀░ █░░█ █▄▄▀
█▄▄▀ ▀░▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀░░░▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀░▀▀
Last edited by Dreamzor on Feb 23, 2017, 8:50:11 AM
I dont know how knowledgeable you are D3isdead, but things you can do to increase your chance at getting map drops:

Roll Pack Size on your map.
Chisel the map to 20% quality.
Use Sextants on the map and the surrounding maps.
Add a Zana mod to the map.

There might be something I have forgotten, but the more stuff you add, the better. It costs currency though, so it depends on your priorities. It might also be worth buying some of the maps you are missing to fill in gaps to increase the atlas bonus. If you arent already, buying maps from Zana that you are missing is generally worth it, you could also trade maps with other people that are also struggling to find their missing maps. Also upgrading 3 maps to 1 of the next tier might be worth it in some cases as well.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Last edited by CrazylikE on Feb 23, 2017, 3:42:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info