GGG, I need help

After 3 years I'm to assume It's just me. That perhaps I just suck at PvP. So I want to outline my approach here and would appreciate any guidance you could provide me. You apparently think the current PvP state is fine so it has to be on my end, right?

Ok so I log in,

-Queue to 1v1
-Adjust all my gear, keep an inventory of useful/intelligent swaps for certain match ups
-Enter match
-Leap slam toward my opponent, scope out what they are all about..download the situation.
-Make any adjustments necessary
-Start re-approach and get a solid namelock (ya I got those and ya I'm the only one really moving here...all the time)

-Die....hmm wait I died in 1 hit across the screen with 9k+++ life, Fortify, min-maxed everything before I got into melee range
-Re-start match, equip Brass Dome to negate the possible crit that 1 shot me
-Repeat the first few steps...
-Die...hmm wait I died even in melee range in 1 hit even with Brass Dome on, 8k life, Fortify, min-maxed everything.

So the question is, what can I do guys? Do I need 2x the life I have now? Do I need 20k life with Kaoms on and 16-17k life with Brass Dome so I can withstand 2-3 hits from Lightning Arrow, Zerphi's/Scolds Cwdt cheese, Explosive arrow? I really have to know, how can I deal with this awesomeness you call my "opponent" on the other end of the arena. Should I put in 1/4 of the work, just stand in place and hold attack? Maybe that's the secret? Maybe that's why I die, because moving and actually trying to play has a passive debuff on my character/account? GGG I desperately need your guidance, this part of the game is so refined that you haven't had to even pay attention to it so it has to be me...just has to be "holds knife over wrist"...it's me....I suck...."slit"...aaaaaaarghhhhh........dead again, nothing new.

Lapiz I tried using Belt of the Deceiver, I know you said its a hard counter man!!! The belt to move worlds you said, instant wins over everyone you said....best in slot!!!!

GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Feb 22, 2017, 9:39:45 PM
Last bumped on Apr 3, 2017, 5:03:39 AM
vs one LA 9k life and 6.5k life are same(both brass dome), both 2 shot. only barrage can one shot 6.5k+ life which is clunky to use vs melee.

you gotta kill them before they kill you. still, its broken. well vs melee almost everything is broken.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
GGG official answer after looking at your supporter tag

Spoiler
"
IceDeal wrote:
GGG official answer after looking at your supporter tag

Spoiler

Ha true
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
To be fair pvp reached it's all time low lately and it seems that 2.6 will change nothing about it (maybe a T value on scorching ray).
It'll be 3.0 or never, that's for sure
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Ahfack wrote:

Indeed, no news from chris by the way ?
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:

Nope, but frankly haven't asked since the xbox announcement. He did confirm xbox will have pvp as well (but I assume of course no cross-server integration). I imagine if I ask again it'll be the same sort of "We are hopeful, but no guarantees" but put in slightly different wording.

However, he has made it completely clear to me that he does want pvp to be fixed and he does want it to get better and I do believe him. But given how much they have on their plate, it's obvious to why it hasn't gotten the attention it deserves. For the record, I don't think it's okay but unfortunately that's how it is atm. :/
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Ahfack wrote:
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
Ahfack wrote:

Nope, but frankly haven't asked since the xbox announcement. He did confirm xbox will have pvp as well (but I assume of course no cross-server integration). I imagine if I ask again it'll be the same sort of "We are hopeful, but no guarantees" but put in slightly different wording.

However, he has made it completely clear to me that he does want pvp to be fixed and he does want it to get better and I do believe him. But given how much they have on their plate, it's obvious to why it hasn't gotten the attention it deserves. For the record, I don't think it's okay but unfortunately that's how it is atm. :/

It was also during this time PT started his pvp streaming. IMO Chris seen a streamer interested in pvp and though "why not" but now PT is gone and pvp streamer hype down again I bet he will go again in his "we don t do pvp anymore" mood.

From all I seen, Chris seem to be the kind of guy going with the flow of streamers. If no streamer adv pvp he will not care at all.

Money and twitch advertizing is all they want.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Feb 25, 2017, 4:31:32 AM
I think there is something very wrong with Brass Dome in PVP. It looks like "Take no extra damage from critical strike" does not work at all. People still get one-shot while using Brass Dome against Critical Strike Builds like Lightning Arrow and Traps. IMO, legacy Critical Flicker Strike build was the only melee build to kill these builds. It was one-shot war of course xD.

There are very few people investing in PVP right now. But most of people like PVE, which is the main success of POE. GGG may skip PVP if they want to ^^

Relax man, listen to some epic musics, forget about PVP, play PVE as much as u want to, and remember the new acts are coming in 3.0.0. You may find something even much better than PVP. It is not the only way to enjoy in this game as you know. Don't hope PVP to become better one day. Just move on, time will heal our pain and disappointment :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info