Ancestral Warchief Mechanics Question

i was just wondering if ancestral warchief applies effects that normal you would apply such as the bleed and poison from voidheart, the ascendancy nodes: first to strike, last to fall, Bane of Legends, Noxious Strikes, or any other effects that you would be able to apply such as temporal chains from asenath's touch. I heard there is a unique case with Bane of legends where the totem does cull a monster but does not recieve the onslaught buff buff since it only obtains its stats from the character which has no onslaught. Also, if you could give any other unique examples (mainly its interaction with the berserker ascendancy node, Rite of Ruins) to help me understand this gems mechanics that would be great =). Thanks.

Last edited by Xcuted on Feb 21, 2017, 4:55:29 PM
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2017, 8:18:20 PM
I am not too sure about Bane of Legends, but Totems pretty much uses the player's stats along with charges and buffs. As long there is something that benefits the player be it from gears, tree, ascedancy, and etc, it should apply to the totem as well. Of course, there could be exceptions, but I am not aware of them at the moment.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

What the developers have told us is that Totems use your character's offensive stats and only your character's offensive stats, while they use their own defensive stats and only their offensive stats, and in all cases are their own entities.

However, there are cases where it is weird and or buggy. There is a very old bug that has forced the developers to give kill credit to the character if the enemy has been killed by Damage over Time inflicted by a Totem, and it seems there are no on-kill effects that can be caused by Totems if not by the Damage over Time bug workaround.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
In general, on-hit effects will be applied since the totem inherits all your on-hit effects, like culling or bleed/poison. On-kill effects that apply a buff to the killer would apply a buff to the totem instead, which is useless. Unless you kill with damage over time, which is attributed to the player instead of the totem for coding reasons I imagine. Not sure if there are other exceptions.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info