Since Ignite is probably gonna suck in 3.0..

...Id like to do a Emberwake(maybe +Taming) build before it all goes down the drain. So what Id like to know is:
Lets say I use Spark, convert it to fire and flood the screen with sparks, do you think I can ramp up the damage fast enough to actually deal acceptable damage just based on the ignites? I know, acceptable is a big word, what I mean is that I want to run red maps with it. No Guardians or anything since the singletarget is going to suck hairy balls anyway. If it is able to do T13 comfortably Id consider such a stupid design a success.

Also, Im talking selfcast here, my original idea was mjölner flicker raider for phasing and voidwalker for free pierce but who am I kidding, mjölner is dead and this idea tells me I was drunk when I came up with it.

Aside from the damage Id have to get enough ignite chance,pierce, a ton of proj. speed, more projectiles and all of this has to fit in a build with at least decent survivability and EVEN IF i manage to do so Im still not convinced that the damage would be okay. For the first time with a build I dont even know where to start.
Last edited by Pyrollusion on Feb 20, 2017, 6:36:06 PM
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2017, 6:58:12 AM
Just do the math. Flameblast is a good benchmark. 10stack level 20 does 3300 base damage. Spark does 440. Then you have /5 from Emberwake. So you'd have to hit roughly 38 times over the ignite duration to break even. You can do this math for various skills. But your dps is gonna have a ramp up time compared to a regular ignite build.

Btw how do you convert lightning to fire without Call of the Brotherhood? (ring slot problems)

Oh jesus youre right. Id have to loose taming to even make it possible and there goes most of my damage.

rip that one I guess.
Case closed
Well. You can still do other skills. Flame Totem, Incinerate and Fire Nova Mine are good options that have good synergy with Emberwake. Or the Nagamuku Cyclone build with the meatballs. Maybe even Firestorm, for single target. Similar to a chaos Firestorm build.

Spark + anger + elementalist conflux

Spark + added cold + hrimburn

BV + added cold + hatred + moonbender + hrimburn

Damage could be meh but since you didn't care if it can go beyond T13 then I guess they are options too.
The T13 threshold isnt what I usually have in mind, I was just thinking about what I can realistically get with a build like this.

That hrimburn option though, that thing...sparked my interest. (Sometimes I hate myself)
Ill theorycraft for a while to see where I can go with it, maybe I can make something happen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info