[2.5] SSF not very lucky RNG Lacerate Slayer build :D

Salam alaykom. Hello everyone and welcome to my SSF not very lucky RNG Lacerate guide :D

Introduction:

I decided to go SSF for breach league and I Found it really enjoyable and challengig. It makes you learn more about the game and appreciate the trash items you find xD It may also make you happier when you find something interesting or achieve your goals by your own.
I may not be an experienced player/build maker but I hope you like my build as I enjoyed it a lot :D Any advice is welcome.

So when you play SSF, you should adapt your build or reroll a character to make maximum profit out of items you find.

I started the league as a MF SRS witch, but found it unable to compete with the breach monster density and power. I was lucky to find Wings of entropy, so I decided to make a Slayer Duelist with Lacerate as main skill.

While leveling I found some interesting 2H uniques that helped me grind fast.
Prophecies are also very usefull as they provide usefull uniques and other stuff. You should also know some usefull divination cards and where they drop as they might make your life easier.

Skill choice:

I find lacerate pretty fun to play. It also provides good DPS amounts and AoE which makes you feel more safe. It also goes well with WoE.

I got a 40% increased cyclone damage on helmet. I tryed cyclone (inc AoE/ Conc Effect to replace multistrike ) but found lacerate more fluid to play. However, I may use it to fight some bosses.

Class and Ascendancy choice:

I think a Slayer Duelist is a very solid choice for such a build. It provides huge DPS boosts (20% more damage, Onslaught, AoE, Culling strike at 20% which is equivalent to 25% more damage...) and defence mechanismes (50% reduced physical dmg reflexion, life leech sustain and immunity to stun...)

The overcap leech makes you very strong agains degen and damage over time. For example you can easily stand still on lava in the Trial of Burning Rage without loosing a single HP :p

Skill tree (110):

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQBAAHcBLMFLQd1CZYMcBNMFCAV7BfhGjghVSFgJvgnLyefKaUshS5TMZ4yiTWSNe85DjrYOuE67Tu2PAU9_ECgRJ5Hfk3jTjJQR1O7V-JYY1nzWhpeE18_YEFjcGRSZU1oZWjybztyqXTtdPF2rHfjd-V4DXloeu982YFBgpuE2YTvhVKFp4a0h2qK8IzPkFWQbJHOl3miAKU1plepJ6luqZSsqq2NsoC18rkdu-29Nr6nwBrAZsCmwQTBi8SCypDPftNv2L3ZYdrB3D3hc-RR6UbqGOsJ7SDvDu988B_yRfPd9WH2SPcy-Ov-Cv6P

Passive attributes:

+373 to Strength
+83 to Dexterity
+54 to Intelligence
+61 to maximum Mana
+308.5 to maximum Life
Evasion Rating: 53
+4 to Maximum Endurance Charges
+4 to Maximum Frenzy Charges
+3 to Maximum Power Charges
4% Additional Elemental Resistance per Endurance Charge
4% Physical Damage Reduction per Endurance Charge
4% Attack Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
4% Cast Speed Increase per Frenzy Charge
4% More Damage per Frenzy Charge
50% Critical Strike Chance Increase per Power Charge
190% increased maximum Life
5.4% of Life Regenerated per second
150% increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons
30% increased Attack Speed with Two Handed Melee Weapons
Gain Onslaught for 20 seconds when you Kill a Rare or Unique Enemy
Kill Enemies that have 20% or lower Life when Hit by your Skills
92% increased Physical Damage with Axes
26% increased Physical Damage with Attacks
+10% of maximum Life per second to maximum Life Leech rate
100% increased Life Leeched per second
Cannot be Stunned while Leeching
You are Immune to Bleeding while Leeching
Converts all Evasion Rating to Armour. Dexterity provides no bonus to Evasion Rating
18% increased Frenzy Charge Duration
12% increased Physical Damage
+10 to Armour
44% increased Elemental Damage with Weapons
68% increased Physical Weapon Damage while Dual Wielding
12% increased Attack Speed while Dual Wielding
26% increased Attack Damage with Main Hand
20% increased Attack Speed with Off Hand
26% increased Attack Speed
56% increased Damage with Two Handed Weapons
10% increased Radius of Area Skills
50% increased Armour
78% increased Evasion Rating and Armour
+33% to all Elemental Resistances
20% increased Stun Threshold
2% additional Block Chance while Dual Wielding
+3 Jewel Socket
10% increased maximum Energy Shield
Your hits can't be Evaded
Never deal Critical Strikes
26% increased Elemental Damage
5% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite
56% increased Melee Physical Damage
+2 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed range
0.4% of Attack Damage Leeched as Life
20% of Overkill Damage is Leeched as Life
Life Leech effects are not removed at Full Life
20% increased Accuracy Rating with Two Handed Melee Weapons
3% increased effect of Non-Curse Auras you Cast
0.2% of maximum Life Regenerated per second per Endurance Charge
20% increased Accuracy Rating
Ignore all Movement Penalties from Armour
14% increased Spell Damage
14% increased Melee Damage
5% increased Attack and Cast Speed
+1% to maximum Fire Resistance
+8% to Fire Resistance
4% increased Melee Attack Speed
+20 to Accuracy Rating
20% increased Area Damage
50% reduced Reflected Physical Damage taken
20% more Damage if you've Killed Recently
15% increased Radius of Area Skills if you've Killed Recently
11% increased maximum Energy Shield from Intelligence
75% increased Melee Physical Damage from Strength
+164 Accuracy Rating
17% increased Evasion Rating from Dexterity
16% Additional Elemental Resistance with all Endurance Charges
16% Physical Damage Reduction with all Endurance Charges
16% Attack Speed Increase with all Frenzy Charges
16% Cast Speed Increase with all Frenzy Charges
16% More Damage with all Frenzy Charges
150% Critical Strike Chance Increase with all Power Charges
0.8% of maximum Life Regenerated per second with all Endurance Charges

Bandits:

- Life
- Attack Speed
- Frenzy Charge

Gems and links:

Main skill:
Lacerate - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - FasterAttacks - Added Fire Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage.

Support skill:
Ancestral Protector - Melee Physical Damage - FasterAttacks - Added Fire Damage - Weapon Elemental Damage.

Movement skill:
Leap Slam - Faster Attack - Fortify - Blood Magic

Defence skill:
CWDT - Immortal Call - Summon Flame Totem - Increased Duration

Auras and utility:
Hatred
Herald of ash
Vaal Haste - Blood Rage - Increased Duration

Gear:

I was lucky ( extremely lucky :D ) as I successfully 6linked a Daresso's Defiance unique body armour, with only about 40 jeweller's and 20 fusing orbs.
I also vaaled +1 to endurance charges on a Meginord's Girdle.

I went with WoE and kept looking for a good rare 2H weapon, but couldn't find any, so I kept playing with them as they are very suitable for lacerate.As WoE base physical damage is not very high, I relyed on a mixture of physical and elemental damage.

I successfully completed the prophecy chain to obtain Voidheart, but despite having an added chaos gem, the lack of pdmg made it less efficient to go with it, also because i couldn't overcap my resistances as I couldn't find appropriate rares.

My other stuff is just some rares far from being optimised as SSF is very RNG based xD I could't find better items but they do their job for now.

A Lion's Roar would be a very welcome addition, but I didn't find any one, nor the divination cards that could provide it.

Stats:

- DPS at town:

- PDS Full Buffs (5 frenzy charges, vaal hast, flame golem, atziri's promise, onslaught...)

- Defence at town:

- Defence full buff (5 endurance charges, granite flask, fortify not taken in accout by tooltip):

League achievements:

My goal was to get the portal effect since I have no one :D I ended up with 26 challenges and I got the protal with some of the totem parts.

I also defeated Xoph, Tull and Esh. I could not afford enough splinters for Chayula and Uul Netol.
This league was my most successful one, as I luckily found 6 exalts and many other currency, I 6 linked a Daresso's Defiance when it was about 6 exalts.

The hardest part I think, in addition to gearing xD, was fulfilling the atlas objectives. Zana is very usefull for this, but i couldn't manage to complete more then 79 maps, with a max tier of 13.

I did atziri multiple times but coudn't manage to collect all pieces needed for Uber atziri :/

Conclusion:

I enjoyed SSF alot and I recommand anyone looking for a more challenging gameplay to try it :)

Last edited by fjtheknight on Feb 20, 2017, 11:20:45 AM
Last bumped on Feb 20, 2017, 11:03:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info