Tempest Shield

"
Jemades wrote:
I am currently using Tempest Shield along with the 12% of Block chance converted to Spell Block node and I am wearing Stone of Lazhwar. I would expect to gain roughly 2% spell block increase from activating Tempest Shield, but I don't. Does Tempest shield not work in conjunction with Block to Spell Block converting items and nodes?

Thanks
It should work fine, but it may be an update issue.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Jemades wrote:
I am currently using Tempest Shield along with the 12% of Block chance converted to Spell Block node and I am wearing Stone of Lazhwar. I would expect to gain roughly 2% spell block increase from activating Tempest Shield, but I don't. Does Tempest shield not work in conjunction with Block to Spell Block converting items and nodes?
What's your chance to block attacks and chance to block spells listed in the character screen before and after activating tempest shield?
Mana reservation are very high, and i hope it will be reduced. 25% rly high, even 15% look high for 4% chance to block.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
Mana reservation are very high, and i hope it will be reduced. 25% rly high, even 15% look high for 4% chance to block.
If you're at 71% chance to block tShield is 25% mana reservation for 16% more effective HP. Plus whatever you have linked to it / some DPS to attackers.

If it was reduced it shouldn't be more than to 20%, but as it stands it is VERY fairly priced and isn't unduly taxing on mana availability.
I'd say it should be switched to flat mana reserved like Clarity to make it easier to use supports with it.
Last edited by werezompire on Aug 9, 2014, 8:13:40 AM
Clarity retained flat reservation because it's effectively mandatory for all mana builds, not for any other reason.

Tempest is neither mandatory nor particularly weak and is subject to accelerating defensive returns. It really doesn't need to be trivialized.
The skill description on the gem "..lashes out to deal lightning damage to attackers when you block their *attacks*." do not match what the skill actually do as it in reality also triggers on blocked spells.

Personally I would kinda want it to be only attacks to prevent tempest shield damage loops in pvp instantly killing the player with the weaker tempest shield and block chance. But I am kinda biased. Either way either the skill description should change or the gem should only deal damage when blocking attacks.
I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 16, 2014, 11:41:42 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
I'm pretty sure that doesn't happen.
Even if it did it's got severe diminishing returns and would quickly burn itself out.
This Gem need some kind of buff. Make the quality dmg global or something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info