Any zealot's oath righteous fire builds floating around yet?

I was theorycrafting a bit, and I was thinking about the possibility of using righteous fire strictly as a spell damage buff. Since the burn damage is based on max HP, I was thinking that there is probably a way to use Zealot's oath to offset the damage from righteous fire entirely.

The numbers I came up with are that 90% fire resist is achievable via saffel's flame, purity, and elemental adaptation, and 2.5% life regeneration is easily obtainable from the templar's starting location.

If one were to aim to have 4 times as much ES as health, then the 10% of total health taken as fire damage per second could be offset entirely by the 2.5% health regen. Given this, the main concern would just be maxing chaos resist and getting ES high enough, since elemental resistances will be plentiful given the build and equipment specifications.

It wouldnt even be necessary to aim for flat life regeneration mods on equipment.

Thoughts? Is it practical?
IGN: Iolar
invalesco.
IGN: hyperculler (torment)
fortunadus
IGN: Iolar
invalescos is really impressive can watch it on youtube

and i dont know how but he got insane rich again in just one month
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Feb 23, 2013, 4:03:25 AM
I'm running a righteous fire build and its the funnest thing i have ever done on a game so far.

Quick look at items needed or helps a whole lot.

The above gives you super life regen when you start getting low. The sword amplifies your damage a huge amount. The next thing you need is to keep you Fire Resist maxed and use the following set up on pots. This is the key.

The low on life bonus from the pots keep you alive. I also run 2 fire totems so im kickn some major but when i set them up and run around like a mad man. The speed boost is nice and helps me get through mobs fast.

I added increased AOE to Right Fire so i don't have to be standing next to the mobs to kill em.
I also run molten shield to absorb basic damage. Really helpful when health gets low. Enduring cry to through up endur charges helps as well.

I spent about 5gcp on the gear and shopped around a bit for about week before i got the stuff.
ign SeaSaint or DadSaint
btw the 5th pot is used to "turn of righteous fire so you dont get to low. you can also try throwing down a rejuv totem to help your health regen.
lets just say without the pots and the fire resist you will die very quickly. The problem with Righteous fire is that it works good untill chaos mobs show up and then ur screwed. Thats when flame totems are really handy.
ign SeaSaint or DadSaint

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info