[2.6] Blade of Solaris – CwC Blade Vortex, now with 2.6 Shaper video and PoB Code!

"
illidone wrote:
for bug abusing ofc

The build can easily be adapted if you'd prefer to play without the second utility BV. That is, if you're interested, and not merely talking shit.
If don't use BV stacks abusing bug, you will need to use Spell Echo as one of the Links. You will lose Quarter (probably more) of damage, but it's still will be more than enough for anything, because BV is still one of the most broken skills in the game with 5000 base damage (max stacks + 20 lvl) that hits five (or more?) times per second.

In that case you would need to use Wither Totem with Faster Casting + Incr. Duration. That would probably increase chaos / poison damage by a lot since you don't have duration as it is now.

Good thing it's pretty awful mapper. How big is explossion from Obliteration by the way?

For mapping one can also just use Abyssal Cry + Poison + Inc. Aoe + Void Manipulation. This thing would work like with any skill and here you even scale Chaos damage.

It's a perfectly capable mapping build. Dual Obliterations and a quicksilver are more than adequate for high clear speed. You can see Obliteration AOE in effect during the Chayula portion of the build video, but I may need a Strand demo to provide a better sense of how quickly the build can go.

We'll have to see how the 2.6 changes pan out. While we know that BV will be limited to a single instance, we don't know if using an alternatve BV will reset the stack counter. I expect I would use the CWC / Wither setup given in the build guide before I used echo.

Abyssal cry is, imo, overkill. Spare moments are better spent refreshing BV, and the AOE simply isn't needed.
If we started something like as a league starter, would it be viable to level as a standard pathfinder blade vortex? Set up the four link for stacking BV and a 4-5 link for damage, then just add flasks/items as we grind?
This should make an excellent league-starter. It gains all critical passives at relatively low level and is incredibly versatile. Opt for CI or hybrid early on to compensate for trashy gear.

Who knows what the patch notes will bring, but worst case scenario you'll have a standard BV Pathfinder, and it's hard to go wrong there.
Last edited by kechari on Feb 17, 2017, 11:59:57 AM
"
kechari wrote:
This should make an excellent league-starter. It gains all critical passives at relatively low level and is incredibly versatile. Opt for CI or hybrid early on to compensate for trashy gear.

Who knows what the patch notes will bring, but worst case scenario you'll have a standard BV Pathfinder, and it's hard to go wrong there.

Cheers, that's what I thought. Super excited, this seemed hyperscalable when I was reading your guide. Good job by the way. It's nicely formatted.
Thanks! Kind of you to mention it.
CI works just fine for a league starter. Personally I'd skip the Templar AOE nodes, but that's up to you.
I know how big Blade Vortex AOE with Gem and both AOE clusters (use it right now). Obliteration doesn't chain. It's gonna be really clunky without Radius enchant + Dying Sun Flask or at least just Dying Sun.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info