[2.6] Blade of Solaris – CwC Blade Vortex, now with 2.6 Shaper video and PoB Code!

"

Full Shaper Run [2.6]

Video Reel Featuring all End-Game Content [2.5]

This is a Wither / Blade Vortex CwC build which takes advantage of Extra Chaos scaling on both Elemental and Physical Damage sources. It is a bullet-proof boss killer and very capable mapper.

Know what you're doing? Skip right to my Profile Page (character name: Tiamatic). If you're a Path of Building user, here's the Build Code.

"

- Added Path of Building Code

- Tweaked glove links

- How to Level section has been added

- Incandescent Heart references have been removed, due to nullifiers

- Item links have been updated and corrected to match gem section

"

Entry-Level Items

The build's name-sake. Two perfect rolls translate to 40% of Elemental Damage gained as Chaos Damage. Use these for murdering bosses.

In addition to gaining 30% Physical Damage as Extra Chaos, these wands provide all the AOE we'll need. Use these for general clearing.

QOL and damage.

Flask Effectiveness scales the Unholy Might effect. This adds a lot of effective leech.

More Extra Chaos Scaling, on both Elemental and Physical. Perfect rolls are both cheap and worthwhile.

Stun immunity

"

Advanced Items (Ordered Roughly By Priority)

Blade Vortex Duration adds considerable quality of life.

Presence of Chayula provides a much-needed ES boost to help compensate for dual wands and low life.

Physical to lightning conversion is best. Flat lightning damage to spells will work well, too.

Damage and defense all in one bottle. Try for a high roll.

Essence of Horror Gloves. The additional 3.5% base critical strike aids with Elemental Overload / Shade of Solaris procs.

+ES % rings (Get lots of resistance here)

120% Increased Critical Chance boot enchant. Using this enchant in conjunction with Essence of Horror gloves will result in an Orb of Storms crit rate that oscillates at roughly the optimal speed for Shade of Solaris' spell damage proc.

Death's Door bleed immunity opens up a flask slot / suffix, along with a much-needed STR / resist boost. This item is highly recommended if you're doing Uber Atziri.

"

Chest:

Level 1 Wither. 5L: Drop Controlled Destruction.

Gloves

Orb of Storms to consistently trigger Shade of Solaris and Elemental Overload procs.

For Clarity, you want a) Enough mana regen to maintain Wither constantly, and b) enough unreserved mana to summon Fire Golem. If you have enough regen without Clarity, drop this for Increased Duration. Make sure this is separate from the Orb of Storm links, or increased AOE will boost the mana cost.

Boots

Herald of Ash can only be activated after lvl 3 Enlighten and Charisma.

Helm

Shade of Solaris #1

Shade of Solaris #2

Obliteration #1 & 2

Up to you, but I like to level gems here. I've also found a spare Vaal Discipline to be handy.

"

Passive Tree

Duration Nodes > Elemental Focus > Ghost Reaver & Vaal Pact > Charisma

Invest in ES and damage at your discretion while leveling.

Bandits: Kill all.

"

In Order of Acquisition

- Master Herbalist
- Master Alchemist
- Veteran Bowyer

"

If you do not have Death's Door, roll Staunching on your quicksilver for bleed immunity.

"

Use Spell Echo and Vaal Clarity

Once you are low life, your duration nodes are in place, and your Cast When Channeling gem is at least level 18, you can swap to the CwC setup.

Use Warlord's Mark and Cast When Damage Taken

Until you can go low life and run Blasphemy Vulnerability, this will help keep you alive and your mana topped off.

Level Multiple BV gems and Enlighten

Level 21 BV is very good, and level 3 Enlighten is essential for optimizing your auras.

"

Q: My leech / cast speed feel bad. Is this normal?
A: Make sure you aren't using CwC before you cross the thresholds described in the How to Level section. To maximize your leech for end-game, you will need Sin's Rebirth.

Last edited by kechari on May 9, 2017, 2:13:30 AM
Last bumped on May 23, 2017, 5:48:48 PM
nothing new but good build lets admit

btw i dont think flask effectiveness scales non-numeric values such as with sin's rebirth
● HideYourCurrency
I remember Mathil mentioning in one of his videos, that flask nodes scale bonuses from flasks like onslaught etc. Didn't try to confirm it myself but i don't think anything changed
"
YarrakKafasi wrote:
btw i dont think flask effectiveness scales non-numeric values such as with sin's rebirth

I was surprised by this myself. My guess as to why Flask Effectiveness works would be that Unholy Might has a numerical value (30%). I've confirmed the scaling through toggling flask effectiveness nodes and activating Sin's Rebirth alone.

Insofar as this is a Blade Vortex Pathfinder build, I agree that it's nothing new – but there are enough interesting wrinkles here in terms of gearing and mechanics that push it into new territory.
After using Righteous fire how do you regen life ?
Please explain whats for level 1 BV.
"
mousetf2 wrote:

I guess he uses it only on bosses where he can facetank instaleech and then turn it off with a ruby flask.
"
Crimsonyd wrote:
"
mousetf2 wrote:

I guess he uses it only on bosses where he can facetank instaleech and then turn it off with a ruby flask.

Thanks

What tree for a level 100 ?
"
mousetf2 wrote:

So long as you don't allow Righteous Fire to burn through your ES it's not a problem. I keep a low level health flask in my inventory just in case. Sin's Rebirth turns off RF.

"
Crimsonyd wrote:

Level 1 BV is for quickly and cheaply reaching / sustaining 20 stacks of BV, and for triggering Elemental Overload / Shade of Solaris.

"
Crimsonyd wrote:
What tree for a level 100 ?

For level 100 I'd likely do this tree.

Last edited by kechari on Feb 15, 2017, 10:38:49 PM
"
Crimsonyd wrote:

for bug abusing ofc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type