3.0 | Morphyne's Arctic Breath Elementalist [SC/HC Viable]

"
Sangohan wrote:
Hi, i have a question, what do you think about the new 3.1 patch ?

the "doon cuebiyari vaal sceptre" will not be possible to use in the 3.1 for witchs.. sceptres will only be able to be used for templars now..


If you're referring to this..
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931283

Those are not real patch notes :) Just a joke. The real 3.1 ones are not out yet.. but that is not a change that will be happening.
"
projectsix wrote:
"
Sangohan wrote:
Hi, i have a question, what do you think about the new 3.1 patch ?

the "doon cuebiyari vaal sceptre" will not be possible to use in the 3.1 for witchs.. sceptres will only be able to be used for templars now..


If you're referring to this..
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931283

Those are not real patch notes :) Just a joke. The real 3.1 ones are not out yet.. but that is not a change that will be happening.


I just realized this today, im sorry, i checked this post yesterday at 3 am when i was really tired and didn't realize it was an ironic thread and not official notes.



I have a question about this build, what can i do to be able to do the bosses more easily ? im trying to follow this build but im having a hard time killing bosses, i takes ages to kill them, is there anithing you recommend me to do, like some kind of skill just to be used for bosses ?
Last edited by Sangohan on Oct 25, 2017, 2:48:14 PM
"
Sangohan wrote:
"
projectsix wrote:
"
Sangohan wrote:
Hi, i have a question, what do you think about the new 3.1 patch ?

the "doon cuebiyari vaal sceptre" will not be possible to use in the 3.1 for witchs.. sceptres will only be able to be used for templars now..


If you're referring to this..
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931283

Those are not real patch notes :) Just a joke. The real 3.1 ones are not out yet.. but that is not a change that will be happening.


I just realized this today, im sorry, i checked this post yesterday at 3 am when i was really tired and didn't realize it was an ironic thread and not official notes.



I have a question about this build, what can i do to be able to do the bosses more easily ? im trying to follow this build but im having a hard time killing bosses, i takes ages to kill them, is there anithing you recommend me to do, like some kind of skill just to be used for bosses ?



You can switch over to Freezing Pulse and use that. It has one of the highest damaging numbers and will scale well with your passive nodes.
Perhaps a Leveling Guide?

LEVELING


If you don't have money for Frozen Trail, are SSF, or are starting the beginning of a league or event/race

LVL 1 - Freezing Pulse +Fire Trap (Get Frostbolt! Level frostbolt in a weapon in your weapons swap slot so it's ready to go when you swap to frostbolt)

LVL 2 - Grab Quicksilver flask. Use a transmute on it as soon as you can afford it. Be on the look out for more as you may wish to run two QS flask, two life, and one mana. (note you can "mule" a 2nd QS by leveling another character to lvl 2 and killing Hailrake)

LVL 4 - Frostbomb or Orb of Storms (or both)

LVL 8 - Freezing Pulse + Added Lightning

Lvl 10 - Flame Dash; Clarity

Lvl 12 - Switch to Firestorm+Added Lightning; & Firestorm + spell totem

LVL 16 - Heralds (ice and thunder if you have the dexterity)

LVL 18 - Firestorm+Faster cast+Controlled Destruction; Faster casting+Flame Dash; Firestorm Totem+controlled destruction or faster casting; Orb of storms + increased crit strikes (for more consistent Ele Overload procs)

LVL 24 - Frostbite (if you want)

LVL 28 - None - You can test other skills if you wish

LVL 31 - Siosa for all gems; Grab Cold Penetration and Fire Penetration. Link Fire pen with firestorm; You can pick up shield charge+faster attacks+fortify if you can use it. Cannot be used with wands.

LVL 34 - Fire golem or Lightning Golem or Stone Golem

LVL 38 - Spell Echo instead of faster attacks in firestorm. Note: You may wish to stick with faster casting as spell echo will lock you in place while it repeats the spell cast (Curse on hit/Cast When Damage Taken - you may have to get these from Petarus and Vanja in Act 4)

LVL 43 - Kill Avarius - Change to frostbolt (Get Frozen Trail from quest, buy 2nd Frozen Trail if you can)

Frostbolt+Faster Cast+Cold pen+controlled destruction


If you have Frozen Trail right away:

Lvl 10-15 - Rush to first socket, and switch to frostbolt. Use Frostbolt+faster cast+added cold, and Frostbolt totem+faster cast;

Lvl 18 - Frostbolt+Faster Cast+Controlled Destruction

LVl 31 - Frostbolt+Faster Cast+ Cont. Destr.+ Cold Pen

Lvl 38 - You can test spell echo if you want.

Leveling Uniques

Goldrim; Tabula Rasa; Lifesprig; Karui Ward (if leveling Frostbolt); Le Heup of All (if you have $$); Lochtonial Caress; Reverbation rod; Elreon's Rings (-7 or -8 mana cost per spell); Axiom Perpetum; Spine of the First Claimant
Hi, Brother
It's my first time playing path of exile and I liked the style of your build and copied it.
I'm playing in abyss league and I'm level 70. I have the complete setup gem and unique weapons.
And now? I've finished your build so far. Do you intend to end it? Or have you just not updated?
I await your response and thank you for sharing your build with us.
At what point can I switch from frostbolt to arctic breath?
Hello, is there any change for 3.1 ? ( im new player )
HI, Returning player, one question: did they bring shotgunning back? I noticed you mentioned position for shotgunning bosses?

When I last played shotgunning projectiles had been removed.
"
Khoranth wrote:
HI, Returning player, one question: did they bring shotgunning back? I noticed you mentioned position for shotgunning bosses?

When I last played shotgunning projectiles had been removed.


The "Shotgunning" displayed in this build is just the overlapping of explosions dealt by the projectiles. If you position bosses close to walls and thick objects, you can cause those projectiles to explode in small area, giving Arctic Breath more damage.
How much is this still viable for 3.1? Does the build require some changes or is it still good to go more or less?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info