2.5 Sunder guardian (chaos) - Frostbreath + Deidbellow [BHC] MoM RT

Hey there !

I'm getting pretty satisfied with my BHC solo guardian ( lvl 94 atm ), so I took couple of videos and I am sharing it here !
I can basically run any map mod, it's very tanky ( life tho ), and has a correct dps ( chaos helps a lot with single target dps ).

Some videos

Heigh guardens (t13)
23% more rare monsters with Nemesis
Elemental Equilibrium
30% reduced flask charge gained
25% less area of effect

Pretty easy, the quality roll is a bit low but there is 30% inc pack size so ....

Shaped rampart (t11)
Rare unid ( it also has two sextant mods : Areas contain hunted traitors and Players and Monsters have Onslaught if they have been Hit Recently
100% increased effect of Onslaught on Players and Monsters ).
There "players cannot take reflected damage" I think too, not sure anymore

I took this one with a non optimized elemental setup ! ( gems are not even level 20, and there is no Weapon Elemental Damage because I did not want to change the colors of the chest ).
It is here to show that it's perfectly possible to use elemental damage instead.

Shaped promenade (t14)
29% more rare monsters with Nemesis
Temp chains
Ele weakness
26% inc monster move speed
45% inc monster attack speed
39% inc monster cast speed
18% physical reflect
Monsters take 38% reduced damage from critical strikes

The build uses 5 unique items, the 2 mains are :

Skill three at level 93
Alternative website for the three
I should ideally take a +30 dext instead of that +2% spell block, so that I can upgrade one of my ring and eventually my belt with it.

Bandits :
- Life
- Attack speed
- Endurance charge

The gear

I am not really sure what would be ideal for the hybrid flask. It's mainly there for no-regen maps.

Jewels

Try to prioritize :
- life ( if hardcore )
- increase damage
- increase area damage
- increase chaos damage
- increase attack speed
- resistances if you need to fill some up.

How does it work
Offense

Frostbreath

Well that's obvious, the point is to chill enemies and hit them then.
To chill, couple of options :
- Glove enchantment (Decree of spite)
- Aquamarine flask
- CwdT setup (vortex, arctic breath and increased duration for me)
- Ice golem
- Arctic armour
(I am using all of them.)

This allows to scale whatever damage we want, for this char I picked : Chaos.

Main skill setup
- Sunder
- Added chaos damage
- Poison
- Concentrated effect ( main area is not reduced, the secondary AOE is though, but the damage increase is well worth it)
- Faster attacks
- Void Manipulation

This is being farther boosted by an obvious ......... Wither totem !
Wither + spell totem + faster casting.

Scaling the damage
To boost that damage now, only few options from the three :
- inc area damage ( from the three )
- inc melee damage ( from the three, the gloves and the helmet )
- inc chaos damage ( and poison too, a bit from the three )
- inc damage ( hello rallying cry )

Inc melee damage is the only one that does not double dip, and we have a fair amount of it ( 84% I think ). Basically, the point is not to stack double dipping modifier to break the game, it's just to scale chaos damage with what we can do ( fuck double dipping, I hope that GGG will balance it soon), and those means are pretty limited.

Our raw sources of chaos damage are :
- Added chaos damage gem ( of course, ideally lvl 21, I'll buy one later )
- Jewellery with Elreon's mods (
)
- Boots enchantement

Since we need 3 gems to have the base damage .... We have less sockets for supports, which means that the difference between 5L and 6L is actually BIG here.
I mean, it's playable without 6L, but it's a really big boost.

Leveling with it
For leveling, using added lightning/cold gems or just nice rare weapons will do just fine.
From Frostbreath ... well added elemental gems are doing well until level ~80 on a 4L or 5L.

Note : It is also possible to just play full elemental damage, the setup will be slightly different though.
I put a video with a non optimized elemental setup (I just swapped 3 gems) in a shapped rampart.
The single target damage is low, but it's non optimized.
Anyway, chaos is better for single target, mainly because wither totem is .... pretty broken with how double dipping works at the moment.

Attack and Move speed, from using warcries
Prayer of Glory
-Using Warcries is Instant
-You and nearby allies have 15% increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed if you've used a Warcry Recently
-Warcries cost no Mana
+

Every time a warcry is being used => big attack and movement speed boost ( That makes shield charge really fast, I am not using quicksilver flasks anymore ).
This + Faster Attacks is basically all the attack speed that I am using ( plus some jewels, a bit ), so no real need to invest in attack speed ( not a big fan of attacking too fast anyway, but that's personal ).

Misc
Increase duration increase a bit our dps with the poison, and the wither totem.
It also makes rallying cry easier to sustain.

I am leveling a culling strike gem to get it to 20% quality, to see if it's worth permanantly replacing the faster attacks for the shield charge setup. It makes the golem and shield charge cull which is very nice. I am swapping it for Uber Izaro or big bosses already.
I am also playing with a culling weapon in off hand, to switch and cul big targets :

Defense

Some mechanics used offensively also give significant defensive boosts :

Warcries and Mind over Matter
- Warcries : Rallying cry and Enduring cry.
Enduring cry gives a nice regeneration boost, and well ... endurance charges obviously.
Rallying cry, aside from extra dps, is being used with one unique jewel :

I am using only two of them, the corruption on my amulet gives me 6 extra percents, that's pretty much enough.
Baiscally, everytime I get hit, 26% of the hit is converted to mana, and then 30% of the hit is taken from mana before life.
-> Tt's almost a permanent 30% damage reduction from hits ( when Energy Shield is depleted ).

Let's note that the movement speed provided by using warcries (thanks to Deibellow, and Prayer of Glory of course ) is also a key element of survivability.

High block + Aegis aurora
Bastion of Hope is a passive that gives us a lot of block every 5 seconds, for one second. It also grant us stun immunity most of the time, this makes the character very tanky with Aegis, for cheap.
Using Rumy still is very good in all situations to boost up the spell block too.

Aegis is a very, very, very strong unique.
I have ~10k armour without flasks 20k+ with Rumy, which is quite significant.
Having a good chest piece is pretty important here.

Shock immunity

( and it gives us damage, perfect ! )

Passive regeneration and curse removal + status ailment removal
Time of need
This is very, very strong.
Since the character blocks a lot and is overall pretty tanky, with MoM making raw health more effective, this passive is really really good.
It also makes Lab pretty easy.

Chilling ennemies
All of the chilling effects also increase the survivability, and obviously Arctic armour is a nice defensive boost on top of that.

Temporal chain on block
In the shield, a trigger setup :
- Reckoning
- Curse on Hit
- Temp chains ( defense AND offense because it makes poison last longer )

Misc
Inc duration from the three helps with arctic armour, vortex and I guess temporal chains too.
It increases the duration of the regeneration effect from enduring cry also.

Character stats

Sunder (unbuffed)

Sunder (buffed in the city of Sarn. Boots enchant not proced)

Keep in mind that those values get doubled if the targets are chilled, and apply poison on top of it ( + the AOE overlapping of the secondary effect ).

Defense ( unbuffed )

Defense (Rumy + block passive + regen passive)

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 12, 2017, 6:27:40 AM
Last bumped on Apr 11, 2017, 11:56:36 PM
Cool Idea, I love seeing builds that use the less common items and interesting mechanics interations
Thanks !
It's not an OP one shot fest of a build or anything, but I hope people find it interesting.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 9, 2017, 3:07:23 AM
Upgraded the readability a little bit by adding colors and sections inside the main spoilers.

Open to suggestion on how to make it better, not really being inspired right now ^^.
Maybe I'll take some screenshots later.
Last edited by Fruz on Feb 12, 2017, 6:28:21 AM
I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to make this! I'm a newbie to POE and i like the general flow of your videos and will probably use this as a starter for legacy season.
Last edited by Crosstrum on Feb 22, 2017, 6:33:18 PM
"
Crosstrum wrote:
I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to make this! I'm a newbie to POE and i like the general flow of your videos and will probably use this as a starter for legacy season.

Haha yhank you ! ^^
I hope that you will have fun with it.
Edit: answered my own question.
Last edited by Crosstrum on Feb 23, 2017, 11:17:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info